1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

Yeah, only Luminous and AB should be able to do that...

2. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

In many ways I missed the range of Finisher, and my BaM hasn't reached 170 so I can't say much about myself missing the range for BKB, but I know many will miss it.
    The new Blows and skills are average in range, very melee. Well... fair enough if you say that a BaM should be melee-ranged.

Hadriel

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

In that sense the hand skills are ok since they are "battle" mages...they look terrible to actually use though. I like this new battle mage overall though. I'm interested to see what they do to everyone else.

4. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

but battle mages were already in top 10 DPS according to JT :( this revamp was unnecesary, totally, and made them ugly

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So then they're a lot stronger and their party utility is better than ever? I don't get the problem. Just aesthetics?

6. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

You did check their new %s, did you?

7. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

I seriously dont get why people still go by this, did you only look at the chart or did you read everything on the first post for that thread? That chart is for 1vs1 with all possible buffs that enhance your dmg on all the time, not counting rebuffing time total damage and what not. PDR doesnt exist because the mob has 0% def to begin with and everyone have max attack speed (aka fast 2).

What does this tell you? If you are allowed to mindlessly attack a target that doesnt move, bams will remain strong but you're forgetting 2 important things. BaM is and will remain a MELEE job & they will always suffer from having medicore survivability because they got very little of everything. A hp boost skill that doesnt stack with hb, 20% abnormal status, low movement speed (untill this patch), teleport as the only mobility skill & once again they remain as melee.

This patch only removed a lot of useless skill and make them overall better, having skill that makes sense instead of a filler, Im looking at you reapers. They werent useless but they had very little use.

8. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

BaM have no survival problems actually.

You get iframes on demand with Teleport Mastery - Enhance. The iframes last longer than the spam delay on teleport.
    There's also 3-6 procs of Blood Drain per second while using FB + BKB.

9. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

It's not like HP matters THAT much since the end game bosses do %HP based damage anyway. Either they kill you in 2 hits, or they kill you in one. Simple as that. HP is worthless outside of training.

10. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

From what I understand, his simulations take into account buffing time too. There were certain scenarios when you wouldn't want a full rebuff period, but rather rebuff on-the-go, but I can't remember off-hand which class(es) face that problem. Must be those with uber-short buffs like Aran...

That table is but a super-brief summary, because it's only one table that is only 2-dimensional and can't fit every damn data. If you want more info, go to the respective sections' DPS calculation thread.

Hadriel

11. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

I still proved my point either way. You cant look at a piece of paper and then put that into account on every boss in this game, especially not after a boss like magnus was released. I consider being melee a big disadvantage for most bosses these days, especially root of abyss bosses and BaM is one of them.

Just look at buccaneer, they might have more dmg than gms luminous but they sure as hell have a lot worse mobility.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

of course, the whole dps chart was designed as maximum potential taking out alot of the other factors that affect the game. It does not realistically display the jobs in the actual order of utility nor it will probably never will. What its for is a good rule of thumb on how much potential the user can do, as classes with generally high %s tend to also be generally high on utility. It isn't absolute, but its a decent reference.

the problem about designing a "best utility character chart" or what would be the real "tier list" perse is that it includes variables that cannot be mathematically be measured. Which resorts to very specific moments and situations as certain classes are more useful on some bosses more than others. For instance, Vellum caters to jobs with burst damage, and would cripple arans because it would be harder to keep up combos. Which brings Aran's utility down, but mathematically, you cannot calculate how much that movement down would be.

13. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

Dont think either one of those matter when you up against root of abyss, you're still melee, so you will have a hard time trying to survive.

Exactly my point, Im was trying to make that guy understand that even if they buff bam's damage they will still have the same problems as they had from before, like arans will continue to have combo system problems untill they decide to revamp it or remove it all together.

14. Default Re: New Battle Mage Blows

Oh I don't think any class has survival or DPS problems there, except on Vellum when he goes underground lol