1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

i would have said it, but the game rounds some skills pretty weirdly, like aran's.

2. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Which skill was it again?

3. Donator Straight Male
    panama

one of their attacking skills that had low delay, mathematically it wouldn't gain speed at certain points, but in-game it seemed to.

4. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Was it that whole deal with Final Toss?

I thought that was just because of the misunderstanding that delays rounded to the nearest 30 milliseconds instead of up the next 30 milliseconds.

Or was it another skill?

5. Donator Straight Male
    panama

even with rounding up it gave weird results iirc.

6. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Some delays are just weird.

Dragon Thrust for Evan casts 100 times in 40 seconds (~400ms, maybe 390).
    It should be 360 ms and there isn't even any rounding involved because 480 * 12/16 comes out to exactly 360.

7. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Seeking Equipment Advice

Hello, I am a returning player and my question is whether any equipment/new types of potential/game mechanics have come out since February that I should be going after for my Kaiser. My range is about 55k unbuffed/90k buffed/150k with cooldown buffs and before I've been using the equipment section here as a guide:
    http://www.basilmarket.com/show/guide/440#16

If there has been other equipment or stat boosting stuff released since February that is not in that guide, please let me know what it is and whether it's worth going after. I'm between medium and high funding. I have a few bil left from when I quit, but I don't intend to play intensely or spend any NX. I'm mainly asking about stuff like..maybe there's a new equipment category slot and I haven't put anything in it since quitting in January, or maybe there's an NPC that sells something much better than what I had before, etc.
    Last edited by Slashtap; 2013-11-15 at 04:38 PM.

8. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Hmm. Maybe it's actually something like this, since Dragon Thrust has 10 sub-delays (frames?). Maybe attack speed applies to each frame individually, some of which are negative, and then rounds them up to the nearest multiple of 30 before adding the absolute values of them all together.

FrameDelay(6)AbsDelay(2)CeilingAbs
    0-3030-22.500
    1-3030-22.500
    2-3030-22.500
    3-6060-45-3030
     Sum(6)480 Sum(2)390

I don't actually have much confidence that this is actually correct, since just doing 30*Ceiling(Delay * (10+Weapon Speed)/16) seems to work rather well for everything else, and this just happened to work out.

9. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

I think the sum for that is still 360 though. 30 + 60 x 5 + 30 = 360.
    Also tested speed 4 Dragon Thrust right now and it was between 42 and 43s for 100 casts.

idk either lol

10. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Oh right, lol.

11. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

How much range do you think a DS with like 120% STR, a 200 att mace and two 7-star tyrant equips would have? I'm thinking about moving all my equips over to get my DS to 210.

12. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Can't give you agood estimation unless you list all your link skills as well.

13. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Oh sorry, all link skills level 2 and 3x 3xSS card decks.

EDIT: And throw in 3 pieces of alien set too :3

14. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

what's the best inner ability for a ds? At unique rank

15. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Probably attack. Crit isn't all that useful since you'd mostly be using Demon Impact, though it'd increase damage when using Cerberus. Buff duration might also be nice, for DR, if it affects the dark meta enhance hyper, since it's actually supposed to ignore DR for 20% of the duration of Dark Meta rather than just 20 seconds.

16. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

should I level my angelic buster to 120 for my paladin?

17. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

Isnt that sorta irrelevant in most situations tho? I mean 20% of its duration means 36 sec already. So this would only be useful for chaos pink bean, rest its sorta useless. Not to mention how most dr skills have shorter cooldown than the actual meta duration, so you wont need to recast meta before the dr is actually casted.

I'd much rather go for w.att or the small boost of % boss over buff duration.

18. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

yeah crit would only be useful for cerberus, i'm already at 50% tho (70% soon, plan on getting SE) and buff duration is pretty useless too since it doesn't affect hypers

What's the w.att and %boss at unique?

19. Default Re: Ask a Warrior Thread.

15 w.att and 5% boss. Note that the w.att is simply just 15 w.att, it will not be multiplied by % w.att at all.

20. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

I would rather go with buff duration for IA since it affects the duration that meta ignores DR lol

edit : and also infinite force.. though that isn't much used these days :x