<Mods, can you move this to events if necessary? :D>
Hi Maplers! Community Manager Artasi, here! :)
Have you ever wanted to be the person who designs monsters for MapleStory? If you could - what would they be like? All of the monsters in our game have their own unique strengths and challenges that players must overcome in order to defeat them! On top of that, our monsters have unique physical traits that make them stand out so that no two monsters are alike!
Introducing the Official MapleStory "Design-a-Monster" contest! In this contest we are looking for players design a monster for MapleStory! The grand prize winner will have their entry submitted directly to the MapleStory development and Production teams for consideration of implementation into the game at a later period of time!
If this goes well, this may be something we do on a recurring basis to send player creations over to our Development Team!
Design the Ultimate Monster for MapleStory!
- A Physical Description (Artwork is HIGHLY encouraged! MapleStory-style pixel art even more so!)
- What kind of attacks and abilities are in their arsenal?
- What's their story? How do they fit in Maple World?
- Anything else you can think of! Use your imagination to both tell us and show us what makes your monster unique!
RULES AND JUDGING CRITERIA
- Post your submission on the official MapleStory forum thread before the end of the contest submission period, December 31st. Include the name of your MapleStory character and World with your entry.
- Multiple submissions, plagiarism, and use of inappropriate content (in the opinions of the judges) shall be grounds for disqualification.
- The full disclosure of the Official Rules for this contest can be found here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...est%26nxid%3D6
Creativity and originality - 50%
Fit of the new monster into the MapleStory universe - 30%
Anticipated entertainment value - 20%
- 10 winners will receive a MapleStory gift crate, including items such as MapleStory Stickers, a MapleStory Tumbler, or a MapleStory Yeti Plushie!
- The bottom 5 winners will receive a set of MapleStory Stickers, a MapleStory Yeti plushie and 50,000 MaplePoints!
- The upper 4 winners will receive a MapleStory Water Bottle, a MapleStory Yeti plushie, a set of MapleStory Stickers, as well as 100,000 MaplePoints.
- The Grand Prize winner will have a chance to have their monster considered for creation and implementation by the development team for use in MapleStory, as well as receiving 150,000 MaplePoints, a King Pepe plushie, a set of MapleStory Stickers, a MapleStory Water Bottle and a MapleStory Hoodie
Contest runs from December 12th, to December 31st.
Read more, and enter the contest here: MapleStory "Design-a-Monster" Contest