Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

This guy looks like he does decent, but not yet OP DPS, before factoring in weapon multiplier. I'd laugh if its multiplier is below 1.

Joe... wanna do the DPS check? I've put down all the buffs in one of my posts in the spoiler above for easy referencing. I've not done a full check yet, but seems like a level 170 average-funded guy does 191.3k raw DPS (crit factored) solo using Cannon Buster, with 15%STR, MW30 and a rough stat range of 900 STR and 150 DEX and 200WA (120 from weapon, 50 from buffs, 30 from everywhere else) with all buffs thrown in (rough nice numbers for easy calculations), giving max damage of 9705. Didn't count Lucky Dice, and I've not normalised weapon speed. Still looks decent to me...

^A good number of people care about OP, because they make the game unbalanced.

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2011-06-02 at 09:05 AM.

2. Default

kinda sucks for buccs.
    I feel like there's going to be a rush on str% pirate gear.

3. Default

Do not particularly like.

4. Default

It's 8AM. I'll take a look at it in ~15 hours. I need some sleep.

Job doesn't look too horribly broken from first glance though. Anyone crying OP at this point is just being a troll.

My guess is they have a weapon modifier of around 1.1 or less by the way, given they have similar standard weapon stats as Bows, use bullets, and have tons of passive weapon attack.

I'm also much more interested in this job now. I find it more interesting than Mechanics and Corsairs to say the least. I dislike Corsairs for some reason.

5. Default

Hmm. These guys use dex as their secondary, right?

And you need 120 dex to equip the level 120 cannon, right?

czak
    -21 dex
    htp
    -22 dex
    Evolving Ring 1
    -7 dex
    Evolving Ring 2
    -7 dex
    Some kinda event ring
    -3 dex
    physical training
    -30 dex
    monkey magic
    -20 dex
    cheap ass 10 dex cape
    -10 dex

Total 120

Request: Can someone with access to KMS Tespia check if the monkey magic can be used to equip gear?

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

To be fair at the people who cry OP:

1. Test server gear, yet to see what is their true potential.
    2. Haven't seen what 4th job will bring to the class. That +40% damage boost and +90 attack have yet to been seen working together.

7. Default

Is Pirate Wi-fi Right ?
    "able to find and exploit unlocked Wi-fi From unsuspecting Maplers"

Argg it's good to be a Pirate Agrr~
    BB~

8. Default

Made some changes to the numbers because I thought Hyper Monkey Magic adds WA... well... it should still stack with Advanced Bless...

Oh my god... Monkey Bomb Rush is a mob-movement skill. Wicked sick.

Hadriel

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm only jealous of double dip dice. Buccaneers need that.

Also i'm SOOOOOO glad they use str as main stat. No need to spend money on this class. ^^

10. Default

This is probably the least interesting class since Evan. They just took Corsairs and added a few Mech skills and switched a few passives/buffs.

11. Default

Looks pretty cool. Cannon Buster = Dragon Buster. ;_; Also, /finally/ an attack that causes damage via sound waves. :D

In Joe's translation post Cannon Reinforce is shown as decreasing weapon speed and increasing weapon attack, but the skill description says it increases both. Glitch/translation error?

12. Default

Joe remember to compare to Corsairs for both mobbing and bossing.

I think the numbers are a little on the low side compared to what I see for Corsairs.

Fiel, can you give us an idea of the attack range of this guy? Because from what I see and from the video, the ranges displayed are for the spell's explosion AoE.

Hadriel

13. Default

There's nothing pleasuarable about having 10+ of them KSing you all over the place, making new types of damage hores and/or raising Pirate gear prices.

14. Default

>uses STR gear
    >weapons look amazing
    >skills look amazing
    >giant mofo battleship from the sky

I'm definitely trying this class when it comes out. I'm already 2/3rds of the way there funding it because I have a bunch of %STR crap, so I won't lose much.

15. Default

Pirate Revamp better be pineappleing amazing....

16. Default

1. Go to minidungeon
    2. You can be that hore too if you want
    3. Deal with it

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

My mind has been blown.