Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

You could have just cut that last sentence down to this; the media doesn't give a damn about fact or fiction or anything else, they just want high ratings regardless of the consequences.

2. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

I dunno. As I told a group Im in that were talking about this like a typical social network moment. I pretty much told them the story sounds bogus in so many ways.

3. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

Copy and paste but pretty much sums up my feelings.

"Ok, well let's just get this all out of the way so you all can stop your peaching about this dead girl. A lot of what is posted in her video and on her page is fabricated to make her look like she was an angel. Think again.

1. She was 15 years old when she flashed those guys.
    2. She did it out of her own free will. She CHOSE to do it.
    3. She already flirted with many guys before.
    4. She got 'beat' up at school not because of the picture, but because she slept with another girl's boyfriend. (refer to #1)
    5. The guy 'bullied' her once only about 6-8 months after she flashed online. Not multiple times over 2 years.
    6. She was known to have slept with multiple men and to sell herself out.
    7. Her home life wasn't the best. (family troubles)

You people who are giving her sympathy and pity should all be ashamed of yourselves. Instead of giving pity to a girl who already commited suicide, how about you talk to that lonely kid at lunch? Yea, the one who sits all alone in the corner. But no, you'd rather sit with your friends and then come home and get on facebook and say pomegranate like 'Oh, how come no one helped poor Amanda, she's so pretty, why did she have to die'. pineapple YOU! Go crawl back in your shell of safety while the ones who really need help are only an arms length away.

We should be talking about the ones who were bullied and managed to survive through it all. The success stories. Because that's what gives kids hope, the ones who know what it's like to be in their shoes. The ones who have walked that road before and came out ok.

What kind of message does it send to impressionable teens that if you go ahead and kill yourself that you will get thousands of likes on a facebook page and everyone will feel sorry for you and give you attention? If you have any self respect for the future then you'd stop and think about where your morals are. If you're too confused with your emotions and common sense, then just get off the internet entirely. No one wants to read your idiotic comments and your emotion filled rage tantrums.

tl;dr Stop giving pity to a dead girl. Give it to the ones who deserve it."

Suicide is the easy way out, in my eyes if you commit suicide all you are is a platypus peach.

Im sure every sane person knows this about the media. Taking the media seriously, word for word is whats killing this generation.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

They wouldn't care this much if it was a fat, ugly, goth/emo boy.

The whole thing reeks of "Us normal people are in danger now! So now it's a serious problem!"
    They wouldn't give this much media coverage if she wasn't a pretty white girl. Nuff said.

5. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

I find it ironic that some of the sympathetic comments to her made a fuss about how pretty she was considering what started the whole incident. But yeah, I can't recall any recent cases regarding cyberbullying that had this much coverage.

6. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I don't see why she didn't delete her facebook? I don't understand why when teens these days are feeling troubled, they go post videos with notecards confessing their innermost feelings to the entire internet. I understand that it is hard when you are bullied, but trying to get attention on facebook and youtube is not the way to go about getting better. It really bothered me that at the end of that video, she showed the fresh cuts on her arm. We don't need to see that. Seems like Class A Attention-Whoreism to me.

High school sucks for a lot of people, but f'uck if things are getting that bad where you are getting stalked and told to go kill yourself, clearly you are not going about this the right way.

The tits flashing thing is pretty messed up, not that she did it, but that some guy ss'd it and posted it all over. Regardless, my sympathy doesn't really extend towards her homewrecking (as that was her stupid decision), but I don't think she deserved to get beat up in front of the school while it was filmed.

People need to realize that everyone has problems, but asking for attention on the internet because you are oh so sad is not the way to go. The internet is full of trolls, wise up kids.
    Last edited by CrazyForDex; 2012-10-13 at 12:43 PM. Reason: some added thoughts/proofreading

7. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

This. The only reason we need to give this girl any attention is to tell other people that it's retread cowardly and just plain foolish to do what she did.. You have two choices when you fall down on the road of life you either get back up and keep walking or you become the road for someone else to walk on.

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Previous generations didn't have the internet. Internet is great in many ways, but it requires you to think seriously about what you do there (also known as common sense). When you put something online, there's a big chance it's there forever. Dumb or not, it's really horrible how it ended for her :(

They really should focus more on something like "Internet code" in all schools.

9. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

Suicide is an option, that's all it is. Having been severely depressed for around 15 years, I'm pretty indifferent about it; I understand why someone would do it, and I don't hold it against them. In this case it's obviously not true, but, if you are truly living hell you are not a wimp for ending it, in fact, you are somewhat of a masochist if you don't. The only reason I haven't killed myself is because one of the only people I respect on this planet, one of my aunts, is not dead yet, and her circumstances are somehow even more pathetically bad than mine are, which in itself should be a crime, yet she is still unrelentingly upbeat even through all of that. When she dies I'll re-evaluate from there.

10. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

So agreed. Putting aside all of the dumb stuff she did it is still an offence to publish her photos online and the person that did it still needs to be stopped, but the fact remains that it is always better to solve these problems before they're allowed to exist by actually teaching children first.

11. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

What a pineappleing logical fallacy.

Really Razmos?

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Really Locked? what's your point?

Explain what you don't like about my post, rather than just quoting it and saying "Really?"

13. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

I heard about the suicide and thought "another weak soul pussied out"

why?
    because she's an attention craving slag with nothing but what virtual data she is sent through her socially connected devices.
    she didn't use her parents or any other kind of support to get back on her feet, and that mostly the reason why I don't give a pineapple.

people like her should get a padded cell in a clinic or get it over with like this girl did.
    crying on facebook and youtube is pathetic as pineapple

14. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent

There's a lot more, I just don't really feel like linking more. The whole post is illogical.

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Well, he does have a point this would get less media coverage if this was a fat dude.

16. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

While yes it's sad she ended up committing suicide I don't feel she was purely a victim in this scenario.

Her choices in life just made matters worse for herself. Flashing for attention is obviously a bad idea, but then she proceeds to allow people to insult her over Facebook instead of just outright deleting Facebook so it cuts people from cyberbullying her.

Then she takes it a step further and knowingly goes over to a guy's house who mentions his girlfriend is on vacation. What the hell did she think was going to happen. Obviously she knew they were going to hook up if she thought he liked her, but knowingly hooking up with a guy in a relationship is just stupid and obviously there were going to be consequences. Yes the guy is also a scumbag for cheating on his girlfriend and deserves some pomegranate thrown his way but that's not the point. The point is she made a stupid decision and was punished for it.

Of course it's horrible she got beaten up and abused for what she did but very rarely does anyone get away with pulling pomegranate like that. She is not a helpless victim, she was clearly a trainwreck who was causing a downward spiral for herself. It's very likely she didn't have a very good upbringing because of her actions. Most girls are taught by their parents to respect themselves and their bodies and it's usually the ones who had dysfunctional families who get into pomegranate like this.

Honestly I don't feel much sympathy for this story. If you want a helpless victim of bullying story go look up Jamey Rodemeyer among many others. He was bullied simply because of his sexual orientation and did absolutely nothing against anyone and yet was bullied until he couldn't take it any longer.

The media is portraying her like a poor sweet angel when in reality she was a slut who was the cause of her own problems.

I know it all sounds harsh but people need to look at these stories realistically instead of jumping on the sob story wagon. Nobody deserves to die the way she did but this should be used as a lesson to girls to practice some self-respect and dignity.

And for the record this is purely subjective and I know some people will still disagree.

17. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

I think a big problem here is slut-shaming, particularly when it comes to females.

If you want to have sex for pleasure with more than one person, I'm fine as long as you don't drag me into it. I'm fine with other people being okay to be in polygamous relationships if they all consent [although legally speaking, it's a clusterpineapple.] If you can respect me for wanting to be in a monogamous relationship, then I will respect you for not wanting to be in one.

So yes, if Todd was okay with it, but the guy's girlfriend was not, that's a big problem and Todd shouldn't have done that. I don't remember the article well enough atm to say anything about any of the guy(s) involved. I'm a little sick and tired of hearing how females should save themselves for special guys and that's the only way they can have self-respect and dignity for themselves.

And now I'm wondering why I'm posting because I'm sure most people will reply with ~*~ BIOTRUTHS ~*~ and more female/slut/victim bashing. o well, just another unpopular opinion around here.

18. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

Unless she was secretly a serial killer Dexter style I can't look deep enough into my black heart to figure out why "showing your tits" on the internet justifies mocking her death.

I'm not rly interested in why she's not a victim, because to me, cheating on someone is not a capital crime.

19. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Some of you are just straight up pathetic.

News flash: acting cold and calloused doesn't make you cool.

20. Default Re: Amanda Todd Suicide

I didn't mock her death or anything. I just don't care about it as much as I should.