Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

It would be better if it just released all the names at a set time of day, in a HUGE wall of text. It would really get their concurrent user levels going.
    EDIT:
    Like those ones that Dark Link just posted.

2. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

I was told that after Cygnus was spawned, the GM had to kill it and wipe the drops from the ground.

3. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

Default Re: >Never gets an answer

Spoiler

Back in 2009. Oh man, good times.

Today: didn't get SS but..

Me: Hey GM Yellonde needs a serve merge.

GM: You guys know what we need?

Me:
    Spoiler

GM: Some photos at maya's house!

Me:
    Spoiler

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

They summoned one in Zenith too. Some guildies got it to 50% hp then the GM unsummoned it. We figure he was just hiding the glitch. Yesterday we weren't "strong enough" so he wouldn't even summon it Never mind that we 3-5man summons daily.

5. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

I still have mine of talking to Tiara and Kilroy at the same time as Horntail was being repeatedly raped by hackers. They even left to watch... and nothing happened.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

You know what else I saw in those posted screenshots?
    Somebody smega'ing "they'll learn [to stop hacking] when they can't hack back to 70 in a week".

Yes, boys and girls, once upon a time it took hacks to get to 70 in a week. Legits needed months.
    Now it can be done in a day, easy.
    We seem to be playing a 50x, or maybe 100x exp pserver... And these are the low levels, where hacked-spawn LHC and potential don't even come into play

7. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

Guy's when NXjoe and NXprose left, nexon changed a lot of stuff including GM priveledges. The gm in that game has no more power than Zelkova has to Rick, that's the best way to put it.

8. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

That's easy to confirm too. When Jimmy hacked the GM in Scania, no one got banned or anything. They're powerless.

9. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

> causes hackers to hide
    > bad thing

I don't care if hackers are banned or never online, both are a good thing.

10. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Possibility #3:

These GMs don't know english at all and only use premade statements.

OUTSOURCING AT ITS FINEST!

11. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

I'm pretty sure those positions are actually California-based, just based on job postings and past experience.

12. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

I remember back in the early days (I think right after Beta officially ended, before I stopped playing GMS), there was an event where a GM was in Perion for some reason. I don't remember the details, but I remember him being where everyone used to sell items, because we didn't have a useful Free Market at the time. He told everyone to follow him, then used the hidden portal at the bottom right of the map. Only about 3 people (including myself) apparently knew it existed, because no one else followed him besides me and the other three or so. He gives us an F3 and goes "Do people really not know about that?" To which I responded, "Guess not."

Ahh, I miss actually seeing GMs in games, especially MapleStory. Too bad I never remember to take screenshots of this kind of stuff.

Didn't they also announce bannings over the scrolling announcement box when it was first added?

These GMs however...It's possible they're just programs themselves. Set to run on certain days, it creates an instance of a playable character, says some crap, then deletes itself when the objective (in this case, finding it) has been met.

13. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

This?

14. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

It honestly might have been. We were probably running from the Barlogs XD

Though if I remember correctly there were several events in old Perion, so it could have been something else. I honestly don't remember, it's been far too long for my crap memory.

15. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

No. If you attempt to "buddy" GM's from even 05 you get the message that you cannot buddy GM's.

For Bera try CajunPotato or Mushbear
    For Scania try Stoveboy or GMDiddy

16. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

I never said I tried to buddy them. I said one thing to him.

17. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

And I am stating that if the character were to be deleted, then you would not get the notification of you not being allowed to buddy them.

18. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

Scenario:

GM doesn't care about MapleStory because he/she isn't addicted like most of you who are questioning his/her motives for not responding.

Seriously, why would they need to respond?
    Cause they can? They also can choose not to, which I would do just to get drama like this started.

A response is not obligatory, regardless of whether you decide to waste $1 trying to get one out of them.

19. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Makes me wonder if Gm VitaminD still works at nexon, when i first saw him either in 2006 or 2007(I think it was 2007)

20. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

GM's aren't players, it's just a job. So while players might love the chance to ban hackers that are ruining their precious game, GM's don't have that same zeal. Of course this has it's benefits that GM's who don't care about the game can be totally impartial, but in a game like MapleStory....this is a very very very tiny pro, compared to all the Cons of having GM's that don't know this game.

I loved it when GM's would kick Zakum Holders and make snarky remarks. But I can't remember a time since Horntail was released that they've actually done something publically.

I was once a nub at Pianus and there was a Vac Hacker who came in and hid up top waiting for us to kill it to steal our drops. So we decided to Smega it, see if a GM would actually help:
    Spoiler

BAM less than 1 minute later ( EDIT was actually ~5-10? probably):
    Spoiler

And then he also scared us with some fobby talk about scanning all players present and banning the appropriate guild members. Which apparently translated to, we banned the hacker.
    Spoiler

Anyway....that's unimaginable these days.