Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

>CTF?

It's up to Nexon if they want to release Tespia or not. It's not like they listen to our Tespia bug reports, anyway.

2. Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

*sigh*

See, I could just point you in the direction of a certain thread, but I get really pineappleing sick of people saying such utterly moronic things, so I feel that it's more appropriate to peel apart your premises since they are utter pomegranate.

You, personally, have absolutely no way of knowing whether or not they look through the bug reports.
    There's a good chance they do.

But, even if they did, all they could do is send them out to KMS.
    Why?
    Because KMS is the only ones who can actually fix the bugs.
    KMS is the team that writes the code.

Let's take a look at what else that implies for your posts...

Well now, how would it be any different? At the end of the day, whatever company runs GMS will still be simply sending reports/requests over to KMS.

How exactly might a company operate more efficiently in this scenario?

Nope. They have the same way of handling things.
    But, obviously, the developers, stationed in Korea, simply prioritize KMS.

KMS creates all of GMS's content so, if there is a bug, it's because KMS pineappleed up.

Nexon, as a whole, is all about trying to "milk as much money as they can".
    That's how businesses work.
    Please leave your childish view of the world at home.

Basically, the only thing you said that had any real meaning was this:
    It very much is because all it really enables them to do is ensure that there aren't any major malfunctions created by too many users operating in a single instance (such as the first Cake v Pie).

Because Capture the Flag taught them a lesson?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

Nexon could have dealt with that. From the first to the second session of Tespia, they could have locked out the people who didn't report anything meaningful, and left only the dedicated testers. But they couldn't be bothered even to do that.
    And btw, even at 200 in Tespia, the gear you get is so weak that trying to boss with it is a pain. Not to mention that getting all-cures for a zrun is not a simple task. People who just wanted to kill bosses and "plantain around as a level 200" quickly got bored of Tespia and left.

There were many of us seriously trying to test stuff, even with Nexon completely ignoring Tespia once they got it up. If a channel crashed, it remained crashed. If a game-breaking bug was reported, no patch was released, so entire sections of content couldn't even be reached. In the first few sessions, Cody wouldn't do job advances or give out skillbooks, which made testing higher-level content impossible. And so on and so forth.

It could have been a useful tool, but the way Nexon America handled it, well, it was just a waste of money for them and of time for us. R.I.P.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Perhaps if NexonAM actually hired someone who knows how to fix the problems themselves? cut out the middle man. Whats the point of multiple branches if it all goes back to KMS? other than marketing, none of the branches seem to do anything other than bring the game down and back up again.

I get the feeling that what I've just said will sound stupid to you and i'll get grilled, but it's my 2 cents regardless.

5. Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

You're assuming that's an option for them.
    It's entirely possible (not to mention, highly probable) that their relationship with Mama Nexon prohibits them from doing such a thing.

Other than marketing, there's general maintenance, localization, and such.

I can't possibly try to accurately explain why Nexon is divided as it is; all I can do is remind people how it is divided.

On the contrary, you actually presented some good questions, but no one here can really answer them.

6. Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

Honestly, my opinion is that they do this:
    Suggest to Nexon Korea that they open a limited version of Tespia-- that is, they open Tespia only with a select few maps that force the content testers to interact with the new material. For example, if they wanted to test a new Party Quest, Tespian should be only allowed to visit the party quest maps and perhaps a town that has essentials. If the new material requires that you use other functions of the game, then allow it. But cut off access to anything excessive.

I'm sure I could have worded this better, but you get the idea.

Will this ever happen? No. But I can dream.

7. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

I think that this is what most of us want. Unfortunately, there has been no indication that this will happen. For whatever reason, Nexon is extremely reluctant to hire local developers. Whether that's because of overhead policies, lack of local talent, or any number of other factors, is what we do not know.

8. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

One change in one content can mess up another.
    That's what the old patch note template used to say.

9. Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

True, but is it more likely that bugs will surface elsewhere, or within the new content?
    I don't know the answer. I'm not anywhere near an expert on the topic.

10. Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

Who do we have here? The genius of the forum pointing out my mistakes and "peeling apart" one of my posts with his definitely unpleasant way of writing, once again!

Let's see..

All the FACTS prove me right.

Fact #1: they don't seem to fix some of the reported bugs, EVER. It's not that it takes longer, it's that it doesn't happen AT ALL.

Fact #2: they often showed total indifference to some of the biggest issues of the game. It's likely they don't really care about being accurate with reading through some "stupid" reports one by one and sending them to Nexon Korea. Fact #1 proves that they likely don't, since several reported issues are still there.

Apparently you don't have any on the matter. How so? You said you liked them SO much!

You're right on that. My bad. I wrote a wrong verb in my sentence. Had it become

it would've been right. So what's up with your uncontrollable need to have that extremely unpleasant attitude, now? You could've quietly pointed out what was wrong in the sentence. But apparently you have an issue with those who make mistakes in their posts, and feel the irrepressible need to insult what they say.

Seriously. Stop. It.

If they hired a competent development / game management team, with the allowance of the korean branch, it definitely would be. They would finally be able to be somehow independent from Nexon Korea, at least partly. Many things would change that way.

I'll anticipate your answer: "Nexon America can do that too, so I don't see your point".

Apparently, if, after all these years and after noticing HOW MUCH the game would need something like that to work better, they still haven't, I doubt they ever will. It probably would cost too much for them and they don't want to hurt their business with more "useless" staff. They already have the one in Korea, afterall!

A company which thinks less about their income and more about their players would definitely make the difference at that.

How can you say that? Do you have FACTS which prove your theories? Since you like them so much, you definitely should have.

I have a couple to throw at you: first of all, they seem to care more about the game's balance than GMS does. While GMS has had a 3x EXP event for over a week non-stop, tons of 2x ones and 2x EXP cards back in Cash Shop, KMS has never had any 3x EXP events that I know of and 2x EXP cards were never released in the Cash Shop (at least not since BB was released). While many hackers there get banned in a few days, GMS is overcrowded with level 200 unbanned hackers, which means game patroling there is more efficient (and no, game patroling for all branches ISN'T all done by KMS).

Development-wise, they indeed prioritize KMS. But for the rest, they definitely handle lots of stuff differently.

Strange, because they seem very accurate with making content for their own game, which often has close to no relevant bugs. How comes they screw so much up when they have to do it for the other branches?

Not all businesses work like that. Please leave your ignorant view of the world at home.

Some SMART ones also decide to focus more on the players' needs than that, so that they can gain a good reputation and avoid many players from quitting. This OBVIOUSLY implies the fact that they'll earn more money, which is one of the main focuses of businesses, but some get to that through another (and, in my opinion, better) way, probably earning more than Nexon is right now.

If you only focus on money but neglect the player's needs, your business isn't going to make so many big bucks. Many players will quit, others will just stop buying NX, and you'll earn less. Less than you potentially could, that's sure.
    Last edited by Combattente; 2012-03-05 at 10:08 AM.

11. Default Re: Tespia opening soon?

And you are assuming that's not an option for them. Why hate on his assumption when you are not doing any better?

12. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Just realized something, who is writing up the Dev Blogs if there are not in-house devs?

13. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

uhhh PR?

14. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

The American "devs" aren't exactly that. They're somewhat-competent computer programmers, but they aren't actually capable of creating new content or fixing glitches that require patching. At best, they are able to modify server files (npc scripts, etc.), accurately relay problems to Korea, and then deploy new fixes/patches provided by Korea.

Whether this is because they are literally unable to do more (unskilled), or because Korea doesn't allow them to do more (which is more likely), is what we don't know.