IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

NexonAM will prob lose it's branch to Nexon and have another team take it over to attempt to fix it(Can't have the same name as a team who failed in fear of being stigmatized), or at least that's what I would do if I were head of Nexon Corp.

If the current issues are not fixed this year, I can see it happening soon.

2. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

here's wat will happen
    more class ---> more content --> more black mage related things ---> maybe black mage killed ---> another villain along with new classes to combat the new villain ---> higher level cap ------> contents similar to other games (i mean the new pyramid is quite similar to dota style) ---> new class ---> repeat along with a ton of supported nx items along the way

3. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

I know the chances of this happening are non existant, but this is what I dream should happen to the game

Reset everything. That's right, every equip, every inventory, every quest, every server and every character level to a state as if it had been just released/created. Maybe, just maybe, keep characters and their levels as they are right now, but reset every other thing to it's initial state. Everything in CS can stay except cubes. Those need to go off the game at least until the game has settled down again and hire a squad of GM's to watch over the game as much as possible from that tiime on. This all would revive the challenge, competition, excitement, and the sense of achievement that once where of the reasons to attrack anyone into this game... ahh dreaming is so nice.

But well, going back into topic, I see no point on guessing the possible future of this game becuase the only route I can see it taking is DOWN. I don't see any improvement whatsoever in it's future.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2012-02-14 at 02:21 PM.

4. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

You can't go back to the past. Rebooting would lose more players than it would win.

5. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Hold on, let me ask the hackers running the game and I'll get back to you.

6. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

I know, but the ones staying would have so much freaking fun. It would fill up again anyway.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I'm expecting them to tack on a good six or seven more revamps with even more classes popping out to ruin the game's balance after each one. Maybe another, even more broken tier for potential, and more exploits that will be brushed under the rug and possibly left unfixed.

8. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

STOP BEING A plantain CANT A MAN DREAM ;-;.

But yeah you're right, then again how many of those players do we want to keep anyway.

9. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

From a casual player's standpoint, the future is bleak. When people who have never played Maple before are aware that there is a black market selling illicit items and account's getting breached on the reg, you know you have a problem.

I still hold onto a glimmer of hope that Nexon will get it's pomegranate together and make a serious effort at addressing the flaws of the game and I think when the game reaches a critical point in its already obvious decline, they will do something about it. But it won't be enough. The game will most likely shut down, a la BrazilMS, VietnamMS, or completely restart. What a shame.

10. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Good game? What?

Look, I play Maple Story sometimes. I enjoy playing it sometimes, too. But despite both of those facts, I know that Maple Story is NOT a good game. It is so far from being a good game that it's laughable. It is a game. Period. A good game is engaging, interesting, diverse, etc. Maple Story is none of those things. It's addictive. There is nothing of interest in this game -- the only thing remotely close was the Masteria storyline. There is no diversity. There's like 2 dozen classes now and they come in two types: hold [button] and mash [button].

It's just not a good game.

11. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

KMS is run by the same publisher as GMS.

Nonsensical bullpomegranate is nonsensical bullpomegranate.

Resetting would only accomplish losing players.

None of the current issues the game faces would be permanently fixed by a reset.

You've managed to negate your own opinion by stating a lie as a fact.
    Congratulations.
    There are plenty of classes out now that actually stray from the "use one attack to win" format of old.

Maplestory is actually a good game. Not excellent, but good.
    It has diversity as well as the ability to be interesting and engaging, but the market as well as the average player's obsession with leveling has thrown these things into shadow.

12. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Im curious viaje, what examples are there that state otherwise? I'm not saying you're wrong but I honestly can't think of anything that fits that critieria nowadays

13. Helium Atom
    IGN: HalTurner
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 172
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: Eternity
    Alliance: Infinity

I think if there's one thing that needs a complete overhaul, it's the upgrade system. Scroll, enhancement, potential? It's overly confusing, largely luck based unless you're willing to pay large amounts of money, and is just a huge cash cow for Nexon at this point. Bosses and monsters are now designed for the large damage of the upgrade system, but it's so hard to get that damage without paying that it's just broken.