Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. xDae

Based on you, and your one session of looking for Big Foot. It took you five hours to find that many, so nobody can be lucky enough to find 10, 15, or even 20 in a row?

Im talking about f/p mages that literally went through all 19 channels and killed everyone of them (and thats just in Forgotten Path alone)

19 channels, times the millions of exp Big Foot is, and in under 15 minutes.... you do the math

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You and i both know that shout is useless in this situation. xD Sure it stuns, but it isn't uninterrupted like ACB is. One attack and he's back to stomping you to a fungus-y pulp. :[

3. Harrisonized

I seem to recall that Powerguard reduces damage quite a lot. It also returns damage. Also, draEE was rushing that thing around the map like crazy. He had his bishop healing him though, so not that many pots were used. Also, its magic attack does 1 damage... and he can touch the wraiths to avoid damage. Took around 10 minutes. Not a ridiculously long time. Now if I were to solo that, it'd take me well over an hour.
    Since this was cut off by a page:
    Spoiler

Yes, I'm saying that nobody will EVER be that lucky. I highly doubt I will ever get that chance to kill 8 in a row again. (I had HS).

As I said, the time it takes to search for them makes them not so godly exp. What makes you think they spawn in all channels at the same time. Have you ever seen Tengus on every channel? Anegos on every channel? Impossibility.
    Fine. I will do the math.
    The amount of Bigfoot you'd find:
    19 channels. 24 hour spawn time. 7 different maps.
    5 of those maps are twisted path maps. So, since they're twisted path maps, we'll cut the probability of that in half, since they'll most likely be killed within 1/4th an hour.

So:
    19 x (2 + 2.5 <~ 5 cut in half) = 19 x 4.5
    85.5 round up to 86

So, you have 86 maps with them, 24 hour spawn time.
    You'll probably find: 86/24, or 3.58333... an hour.

We'll just say you'll find 4 an hour, for the benefit of the doubt.
    Of these four, we'll say other people took 2 (modeling after my scenario).
    And... ta dah! Suddenly, your assumption doesn't work.

Two is 4m/hour. That's how much I get 'cruising' at skelegons. Basically, sitting back and relaxing. If I were rampaging through skelegons, then I'd be getting well over 5m/hour. (I actually make money at skelegons, 'cruising', while I cannot gain money at Bigfoot because of its crappy drops.)

And of course, there's the Meteo spamming, which I haven't quite yet gotten to, but I heard it brings in 6~8m/hour at newties. Still broken?

(even though this is very crude calculation, it still fits.)
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-08-16 at 02:20 AM.

4. Default

I think the simple thing to do is just increase the magic avoid(or w/e equivalent) so FPs can't be gaining ~60% per kill at level 8x. However, Night Lords/Hermits can do just the same so it really can't be altered much to make a difference.

I say leave it and see what happens. If CWK becomes a ghost town much like KFT (aside from meso farmers at leprechauns) then FPs/NLs/ETC will be able to easily get a lot of them.

If it stays busy, then they won't be getting too many at all.

I don't like the idea of FPs mass leveling in their 8x/9x, but eh.

I agree with your calculations, but honestly, can FPs train at Skeles and get better exp during their 8x levels? I would say no, but I don't know much about exp rates for FPs in gMS. :s

5. Default

Avoid is magic avoid too. But Web and I think Mist aren't affected by avoid, and they could just hire someone to finish it off. It'd be like 400k experience for doing 1 damage, anyone would do it.

6. Default

somone i partied with said they changed spawn time to 6 hours for bera. im not sure if thats 100% accurate, but in 2 hours, ive killed around 8 of them

7. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

I walked through CWK for an hour, and only found one Bigfoot, in Forgotten Path, in all the channels I looked in, while seaching for the pineappleing trees. (and these were in Windia backchannels, where I might not see anyone for a while)

Is 1/hr good?

8. Default

I knew Crimsonwood was going to be the death of me. I got run over about 6 times today. Where are all your Fire Mages, huh?

9. Default

The only broken thing about Bigfoot is the boss flag wasn't given to it. Boss flag = no stun, no poison, no web, no paralyze, no doom (and immune to ice/fire demon?). I don't care if you're a poison mage or a NL w/venom or fighter with stun ability - the broken thing with it is how easy it is to get so much experience so quickly.