Welcome to the "Ask a Bowman Thread!"
What is the "Ask a Bowman Thread?"
It is a thread (hopefully sticked!) that will allow you to ask as many questions you can ask to the Bowmen of Maple. They will try their best to answer your question/concern.
All you have to do post your question/concern. It would be very helpful if the question was to the point, specific, and preferably readable! It's just so that the Bowmen can understand you. :D
- What is the difference between a Crossbow and a Bow?
- What should I add my first SP among my 1st Job Advancement?
- Should I scroll my Heckler/V2k?
- Should I HP wash?
- What are the pros/cons of being a Bowman?
- Before making your 1st Job Advancement, make sure to have 25 AP into Dex.
- Primary stat for a Bowman is Dex, secondary is Strength.
- (Cross)Bow equipping:
- Crossbow- Strength=Your Level. (ex: Level 38, Str=38.)
- Bow- Strenght=Your Level+5. (ex: Level 40, Str=45.)
Frequently asked questions:
1. What is Final Attack? And should I get it?
Final Attack is a 2nd job skill that takes 30 points to max. It shoots an extra strong when using Arrow Blow, Double Shot, or Arrow Bomb/Iron Arrow at a 60% rate when maxed. Most Bowmen recommend not getting it because it does not activate with Strafe in 3rd job. However the choice of getting FA depends on the person playing the character.
2. What is that super fast skill that fires like a machine gun?
That skill is a Bowmaster exclusive skill. It’s called Hurricane.
3. What is the difference between a Crossbowman/Sniper/Marksman and a Hunter/Ranger/Bowmaster?
Crossbowmen/Sniper/Marksman:-Uses Crossbows (duh).
-Generally stronger of the two.
-Generally a slower attacking speed compared to a Bow.
-Iron Arrow (2nd), Ice Shot, Arrow Eruption (3rd), Pierce, Blind, Snipe, Frostprey (4th).
-Generally weaker of the two.
-Generally a faster attacking speed compared to a Crossbow.
-Arrow Bomb (2nd), Inferno, Arrow Rain (3rd), Hurricane, Concentrate, Hamstring, Pheonix (4th).
Those are the basic differences. Most agree that Snipers have the better 3rd job because they are able to freeze. Also with Strafe, the speed pertaining to them before is pretty much gone, but Snipers are doing more because of their damage formula. Bowmasters and Marksmen are pretty even.
4. I heard there are these so called "hell levels". What are they exactly?
Hell levels are basically a certain level arch when training is damn hard. Most archers agree they are the Mid 4x-50 and 6x-mid 7x. These are the parts you'll be either stuck at training spots with a weapon that sucks so you can't move on, or you'll be stuck because of underdeveloped 3rd job skills.
5. Why do most Archers stick with the Red Viper/Heckler at 3x-50?
Because of the fast attack speed. It's the last fast attack speed bow you'll ever hold, unless you can find yourself a decent Blue Metus (Ranger).
6. Does Soul Arrow stack with arrows?
It has been proven countless times that Soul Arrow does not stack with arrows. It may show on your stat screen, but it will never achieve that damage.
7. Where do I train as an archer?
Refer to Retalion’s guide.
Where to level guide by Retalion: http://www.southperry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31