Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post11793861

2. Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

"Some of you might be asking why there is a limit in place at all. Please understand that we have this limit in place to protect the game economy. We want to avoid having farmers and bots exploit the system and make the game less enjoyable for other players."

"we have this limit in place to protect the game economy. "

"protect the game economy. "

"Some of you might be asking why there is a limit in place at all. Please understand that we have this limit in place because we thought it'd make people want to buy scroll protection items, because it'd make each scroll that much more valuable to the player. We wanted to avoid having farmers and bots exploit the system and make the game less enjoyable for other players, but we failed miserably at that, so now we're just letting everyone have fun, because we've honestly given up on any semblance of balance in this game. BUY NX TODAY."

3. Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

it's funny because the populated servers have had the tradeable versions duped so this limit is irrelevant for them

4. Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

"protect the economy"
    There is an economy to protect?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta

Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

1. Some people would rather not buy duped scrolls
    2. Some people can't afford to buy duped scrolls
    3. Some people play luckier servers

6. Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

"We want to avoid having farmers and bots exploit the system and make the game less enjoyable for other players."

Is this meant to make sense or something.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta

Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

The higher the limit, the bigger the botters' advantage over legits.
    There are 4 different Prime scrolls (1h, 2h, armor, and accessory), and each Prime scroll costs 300 coins.
    You can get ~2000 coins per character via quests and boxes, and maybe 1000 more by AFKing all night every night in festival area, and hunting Ikuras all day (except when doing said quests). The rest have to come from leaves. And who has the most leaves, for using and for selling? Botters.

8. Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

I completely understand and agree. Part of my point (just realized I phrased my initial post poorly) was that the whole "protect the economy" thing is silly because clearly they aren't putting much effort into stopping/controlling dupers.
    Last edited by Marksman Bryan; 2015-05-19 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Clarification

9. Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

Fair enough. I just view it from a rather selfish perspective though and feel that how well other people do in this game, legit or not, has no major impact on my enjoyment of it, Botters are going to be ahead of legits regardless off scroll restrictions either way.

10. Default Re: [NOTICE] Changes to Prime Scrolls - 5/20/15

The reasoning is flawed regardless. Leaves are tradeable, thus the supposed "hindering" of botters is thrown entirely out the window. If nothing else this just gives them even more of an edge since they are bound to have countless more accounts to trade between than regular players. The only thing they were preventing was people perfectly scrolling already equipped items. Which is pretty much still the case even with a limit of 5.

It's hilarious to me that the community manager claims that the min/maxing is what is bad for the game when it is literally what the game has always been about. He also claims we were never meant to fully scroll our gear with primes, but then blatantly ignores any posts showing their hypocrisy with putting the primes into Marvel. And I can guarantee you they will be in there again next time. They're just trying to prevent TOO MUCH progress through in game means. Which is just stupid.