Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

1. Default TOWN VICTORY

Vlad laughed as the Containment Ring slowly descended and you threw Niernen into it. He tried to push his way out of it, but you stood strong and forced him to stay inside. When he vanished and your PM Devices started beeping rapidly, a wave of relief washed over your faces.

PM Device

In a flash, the Soul Container vanished. In its place was all of the Town members that had been contained, along with LuvDWayULie and Chaz. The Mafia members were nowhere to be seen. You all began to celebrate, but Vlad's slow clapping from the side of the plaza put a stop to that.

"Oooh, aaah, very nice! Great work, everyone; you won! It's just a shame that almost everyone else is losing their games. You're free to return to your normal lives, but when it comes to dealing with THEM, well... let's just say that maybe giving them your bodies the peaceful way by getting contained would have been the better choice, and you're not exactly going to be able to fight them off without any help. Maybe you'll be lucky and enough of the others will win! Maybe. But, well, good luck. You'll need it."

Unsure of what to think, you stood around staring at each other in disbelief. At some point the town itself began to slowly vanish, returning to the endless blue space you saw at the start of all of this. You quickly said your goodbyes to LuvDWayULie and Chaz, thanking them for their help despite not having physical bodies, and expressed your hopes that they'd make it out of the game in one way or another. As everything went dark, the return to the harsh reality of the real world began...

2. Default Post-Game Talk

I'll now answer questions about roles and such, but first:

Role Info

My Mistakes

And Now, I Judge You

3. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

Can I know what my update power would have done to each person (Along with if I used it on myself)?

4. Default Re: Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

I didn't really like the Intruder faction, they may make sense flavor-wise, but in terms of gameplay they are weird. They win no matter what if they survive, however their powers were more suited for helping the town. I'd have them be Town aligned anyway so they have more incentive to play and more risk to lose the game.

Other than that, great game xBTAx. Maybe a little tilted to the Town, but I'm not sure, the mafia really played very badly after Faon died making very poor posts in thread that made scum hunting very easy. I was screaming "lynch Niernen!" so hard at home since he was being so obvious.

Also, yeah, my role was incredibly confusing. I had no hint that anything out of the ordinary would happen with votes/people from my role PM that I should have been keeping an eye on and/or what were the limits on what I could or could not ask.

5. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I'll be honest: most of them were vague ideas still, so I only cemented them for who was alive once you actually could use the power. Besides TheBirds, those are:

Niernen - Disable prevents you from participating for the first half (24 hours) of the day.
    ChaoticCJ - Second Pin (that vanishes if not activated within a day).
    Polantaris - Copying also gives Action name.
    CakesXD - Double vote.
    Olsi - Strongman kill.
    meowmixx - Gets Alliance edit history if it's been edited; can see through Olsi.
    Holypie - Takes effect of all actions affecting the target.
    VerrKol - Can edit one thing each for two people if wanted (as opposed to the usual only being able to do two things on one person); edits aren't marked.
    LuvDWayULie - Gains a second Infect action that night.

And if you used it on yourself I would have sent you the update message again.

EDIT:

I meant to include that in the mistakes portion of the post but didn't add it in time. That was definitely something I didn't think enough about until Luv started questioning it- it was intended to be a chaotic role allowing them to help the Mafia if they wanted, but... they had no real reason to do that.

6. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I totally mentioned that Luv said his faction was Intruder before Chaz died. I guess it was in my megapost from the library and people skimmed that? Also VerrKol was super suspicious after he used the loophole to avoid infecting more people (I assume he tried to infect Luv), since Luv was clearly town sided and a very valid strategy for a town who was infected would be to infect potential mafia so they are forced to lynch a mafia member. This also would have implicated Niernen when he claimed that he blocked Luv. Fun game, and for once town won. Hooray! And I was dropping a few hints about being the doctor which I thought faon picked up on so he knew that I was the doctor. It ended up well since claiming let Polantaris take over for me and saving meow for another night.

Edit: Wait what does my update power do? It redirects actions from my target to me?

7. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

Thing about that is I felt if I said or made it obvious that we were connected that the mafia would come after us since two kills are better than one, or that somehow the mafia would turn the town against either of us and get us lynched.

Plus I was too busy letting my "dummy" do the talking.

Lol

8. Default Re: Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

My power updated would be less confusing :D

I kid.

Well played by the Town (and Intruders), nicely hunted.

9. Default Re: Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

Oh, I noticed Luv said he was in intruder when he was in danger of being lynched, I also tried to push that as a point that he may not be town-aligned. But all the neutral roles really could have just been town roles for the most part. The mafia couldn't exactly go after all the neutrals as well as the townies. But we basically got screwed on day three, it all fell apart then

@Holypie; We actually had no idea you were the doctor. But coming out turned out to save the town anyways since polantaris became the second doctor. If not for that, we could have probably dragged it on for at least another day.

10. Default Re: Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

@Niernen; I know that now but that was my reasoning at the time. In retrospect I just got my internet back and was being hasty and not really thinking, also probably overestimating faon. Also I was panicking because seriously a dying mafia calls you out as the doctor when you're actually the doctor. That's scary. He just got ridiculously lucky I guess lol.

11. Default Re: Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

He was just trying to get the most out of the town before he was gone. It worked, incredibly.

12. Default Re: Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

Ah, it's a shame that some of the more interesting Town roles died before they could use their power to the fullest.

I had actually assumed that a Mafioso had somehow stolen Meta's voice, and we wouldn't get it back until we lynched whoever took it, so I put it on the back burner in my mind. Didn't at all suspect that TheBirds and Meta were connected.

Awesome game, xBTAx, and good job Townies/Intruders! :)

13. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I do want to say that it was an incredibly fun game, and that I actually really like the Intruders faction. I think it was the first time we have had an actual third faction that isn't just purely neutral. I do agree that all of us pretty much went the way of town, but there was a point before faonkarino's lynch that I was actually thinking of helping the mafia and playing both sides. In the end, it was kinda a domino effect with the mafia, not expecting meow to survive, and the mess up with VerrKol, then again with Olsi, which lead to Niernen being defenseless.

I knew that Meta and TheBirds had some type of connection, but I kept brushing it off because the only connection I could think of is that they were both mafia. I knew TheBirds probably wasn't Intruders because their ability hadn't come in, but I let it go because revealing they where town would only hurt the town.

So on xBTAx's notes:

1. I was actually afraid that faon's comment on the strongman was true, and my thinking was that it would have been a waste to use it on Holypie, since the mafia going after the doctor to confirm a kill on meow would be most likely. Like you said, I also didn't know that Polantaris had copied Holypie's ability at the time, and I was actually hoping to do the same thing Polantaris did and troll the mafia out to revealing themselves-which they did kinda do. I actually was going to keep the pin on me for the first night, but decided to use it that night for fear of getting roleblocked.

2. To me it made sense that people would ignore that he was an Intruder. Most people didn't expect a third faction to be in and I knew that I had to speak up at that point.

3. The whole third day was a bit of a mess for me. I was starting to think of helping the mafia at this point since the town wasn't getting anywhere. At this point I still suspected Niernen, faon, and Polantaris, but people really didn't trust me too much to be going after any of them. The huge thing that threw me off was actually Holypie's post:

When I first read it over, I had assumed that all of us had been given some type of power/item from Kyr's ability. Then I noticed faon said something about strongman, but by the time I got to class and figured out that Holypie was talking about his IRL laptop, meow had already done the reveal. This logic then looped around to point 1 where I chose to use the pin on meow fearing a roleblock or other possible items/abilities.

To end, I did make a few mistakes. Niernen and Luv caught on me saying there were "4" neutrals. I added this at the last minute only to realize that if I revealed myself as neutral the mafia would have one less target to get rid of. This is part of my reason for not saying I was neutral outright until everyone started revealing their roles on day 5. Another mistake was telling meow to investigate Cakes instead of Niernen, but it wasn't too big of a deal in the end. Also, like I said, I should have asked Polantaris if he did block a kill because at the beginning of the day I had assumed it was me. Then when I read deeper and didn't get any confirmation, I started to suspect Olsi. This was actually the most ironic part, that by Olsi saying they had been roleblocked and no kill had occurred, it later implicated Niernen. Either way, the mistakes weren't too bad, but still they were facepalm moments.

Edit:
    I was actually hoping that the mafia would target meow on the last night; it would have made for such a hilarious moment into my power reveal. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Oh, and another mistake of mine was that I didn't try to convincing Luv to wait to use his ability. I wanted to keep Luv alive for another night or two so that the roleblocker at the time would be preoccupied with Luv and allow me to keep meow alive for just a bit longer. It ended up working out with Polantaris, but it got pretty quiet with no Luv or Kyrastri.

Oh yeah, good job to the Town and the rest of the Intruders (including the honorary Intruder, TheBirds).
    Last edited by ChaoticCJ; 2014-07-26 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Wording

14. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

We won (Town and Intruders)!

YOU EVIL NIERNEN I TRUSTED YOU OMG

Well, that's settled now.

15. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

Congratz to the town! Pity I couldn't take much part on it :(

@xBTAx; I didn't end up getting near to using my skill but what exactly was my skill meant to do?

Was it a temporary/permanent shield of some sort that I can pass onto people?

16. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

lol thanks hopefully the town isn't too mad at me for lying since i was trying to avoid becoming a target since my death would have meant meta's as well and would have hurt the town.

17. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

And that consolidates Meta's meta of always doing a fake claim to something! Must have taken a lot of willpower to post with only quotes just because.

18. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

In my defense during your game I didn't really care at the end, during Mas's I pinned down the godfather and was gonna go after the rest of the mafia if I hadn't died, and during this one I was just having fun.

If anything my meta is that I like to overly act out the flavor I am given.

Though during and after Day 3 I didn't even bother finding the actual words I needed and just edited every quote.

19. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I definitely missed the Luv claim when I originally read the end of Day 2. I have no idea why. But by the time Day 3 came along, he had missed a pivotal portion of his role in his reveal and then the rest of the holes that I pointed out...it just seemed like total bullpomegranate to me. That's why I was so focused on Luv on Day 3. It was just full of lines that went, "THIS IS COMPLETE BULLpomegranate!" to me. @LuvDWayULie; Read your whole role PM next time .-. I lied for the good of the cause but your holes wasted a lot of Day 3.

I have no idea why people started agreeing with the strongman theory from faon. At the point I saw that stuff everyone had just reached a consensus and I didn't think it was that big of a deal to care about, so I just moved on.

Meta's fake restriction really put a hamper on things for me. The fact that I tried to copy them on the first day and got nothing, combined with the fake restriction, really just jumped out at me the entire game. And then their own restriction (which I have to give them props for sticking to the entire game) making them nearly non-vocal (no pun intended), just really bothered me the entire game. I completely blame my power for this one. I wouldn't have been so on top of Meta if it wasn't for that Night 1 Failed Copy.

I feel like that'd be a meh upgrade. It probably would have been better for the upgrade to have given what I said my ability did in my role reveal (which either no one noticed or brought up). In my role reveal I lied and said that I could use my ability until I copied another one, but I could actually only use it once. That'd be a pretty good upgrade, I think.

As I'm sure anyone who noticed figured out, I intentionally lied so that I would be a bigger target than meow that night. I knew I was dead the second I typed it, but it was worth it as people were half focused on CakesXD over Niernen, and I knew it would clear it up to get rid of me, whose power was essentially used to its maximum potential at that point.

I'll be honest...half the game I didn't really think Niernen was mafia, but when they revealed the roleblocker it was too much. Everything just fell into place, but Olsi was already the target at that point and after Day 4 no one really said anything to do anything off of. I tried to get people talking but was completely ignored in my attempt. I gave them a meta-game excuse, but really I don't know why I said that, as I didn't even believe myself when I typed it out. I think at the time I just didn't want to sidetrack everyone and end up giving them material to twist.

I was so flabbergasted when Holypie revealed after faon just randomly went for it, especially after faon confirmed they were mafia beforehand. He was clearly fishing for information. But, they may have killed Holypie that night anyway just for the hell of it, to see if he was doctor, and Holypie revealing gave me the perfect opportunity to put my semi-fake second doctor into effect.

I gotta give you props for sticking to this one, although I'm pretty sure you would have been insta-lynched if you dropped it, especially after Shidoshi was killed.