Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

1. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Err, since when we said we wanted to lynch you? We need you to talk lol.

2. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

@faonkarino; Sure, it is pretty dam obvious (because that's what you said when voting me duh) but I wanted more input or at least in your own words. All I received in return from engaging on you was a blunt reponse (am hurt pls ;_;). At the very least, I feel that you voted for me not to conform but to be bold and confident on what Shidoshi has raised.

I'll withdraw my vote on you, since I probably won't gain anything more out of you at this stage.

Oh I see @Sega; 's first post. Not really seeing a pleasant attitude towards this game but do we take it as you will now be active from here onwards?

I believe there's 12-13 hours to go til day 1 ends right? Looking forward to more action/vote rush in the upcoming hours.

3. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Can you really blame us when this is the second or third game that this has happened?

And the immediate aggressive attitude doesn't really help anything.

4. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

should let you guys know of the long post incoming ): call it compensation for the thread blowing up a little overnight.

tldr TheBirds hasn't talked much either people, I don't know why we're hating on Chaz and Liable so much

Chaz also went to try and lynch MasPan, so he also did a turn on his behaviour.

More than that, I'm not even sure if Liable kept that passive stance; a lot of her posts were flavour or borderline useless, but that could be because she had nobody that particularly stuck out to her until Chaz 'did'. She didn't actively claim to be deliberately passive. I'd be questioning her motive for voting for Chaz rather than Meta, who she did point out was a weird vote.

While Sega's silence is getting real damn annoying, I think I should remind everyone that @TheBirds; has posted not only very little, but with no deliberate scumhunting. They also have not responded to my vote on page 8 to defend themselves.

Not necessarily; A is infinitely more good as a situation for you, and you should be convincing us why you thought Chaz was suspicious. B is a good situation for town, but without any way to confirm you still have the advantage. C is the least likely, and makes the most assumptions (hence the increasing unlikelihood), and yeah, I do admit, I don't see how you were defending Sega at all.

At least Sega is practicing complete inactivity (or was when I was writing this post). Need I remind everyone that TheBirds may as well have been as damn inactive as Sega, with no indication of passiveness as with Chaz?

Also, what if we have no information on that passive/neutral player? We push to get more information, but we do not risk the lynch. We are much better off leaving them be, and focusing on the people who have talked, but have not talked much. Because they are much more likely to be persuaded with votes and the threat of a lynch.

edit: know that I wrote this before you retracted your vote! >:C this post took me ages to write

Remember that on the first day swinging is natural. Unless Faon made a vote that I forgot to log, his votes were the following:

faonkarino votes for Chaz (page 4)
    faonkarino votes for Holypie (page 8)
    faonkarino votes for Liable (page 10)

The vote on Chaz was the first vote, so he did not add to the vote count like a second voter would. This, and it was to push for him to talk. The vote on Holypie was more based on scumhunting, and is a natural progression. Regardless, his vote was the first on Holypie, so it did not add anything.

From what I see, his vote on you was the only one that actually added on top of someone's post. Of course, if there was another vote then this sentiment may change.

I believe you've made a key flaw in your reasoning; Faon never claimed to do it for attention. I believe he's very well trying to scumhunt now, as we're 11-ish pages in and with enough posts to start pushing for an actual lynch. You should have capitalised on the fact that faon didn't provide enough of an explanation, but that would have incriminated Holypie as well.

Faon also added that it would be best to pressure you to talk, to either slip up as mafia or to convince and confirm to everyone that you're town. So I don't really see what the big deal was here, and your action increasingly smells like an OMGUS, which may just be an unfortunate move on your behalf.

I was aware of day abilities, but remember that this game is not your traditional game, and a lot of things have changed with xBTAx's game compared to the last one, which just had traditional roles. For example, there is no concrete page for my Gambler role.

Second to raise the stakes. My entire suspicion of this forced me under fire, so I damn well hope you've been reading the thread >:C Following Shidoshi's stakes theory, it would be natural to assume that Meta voted on Chaz to force him to talk more, but my only problem with this was that she didn't justify it from what I've seen. That, and what would a third vote have done that two cannot?

His plausible playstyle doesn't forgive how stupidly he's been posting. I have nothing against the guy, but honest to god, play smarter! I have no reason to believe that he is mafia right because if he were, his teammates would have chewed him out on it already. An abrupt shift to effective scumhunting would have set my radar on fire, to be honest.

Regardless, I believe we have bigger fish to fry. Or maybe bird. See the rest of my post.

EDIT:

We've been trying NOT to get you killed, because we know that it's been consistent the last few games. But the start time was there in advance (we didn't start earlier) and you should have at least let us know that you wouldn't be here instead of letting people target you.

I don't want you out of further games but I do want more proactivity on your behalf. We don't like lynching you every game, believe it or not.
    Last edited by Kyrastri; 2014-07-11 at 01:38 AM. Reason: added quote to sega and warned people

5. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Was going to bring this up myself. I had just noticed it myself a few minutes ago. Both of his posts have been useless to the overall game.
    Because inactivity != scum.

6. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Oh great, like the last game again. These two seriously..

As much as I don't wanna compare the two in the last game, it's hard not to do so. Both of them really need to contribute something (I'm sorry if I'm not doing the same thing), or else it's difficult not to lynch them. TALK PEOPLE TALK!!

Sega, as I said earlier, we're not gonna lynch you today, but you really need to step up. Talking/Sharing suspicions will at least give you less reasons for us to lynch you in the next day.

Chaz, you also need to share more opinions, rather than just agreeing about something.

I'm really sorry if I keep repeating stuff.. But I have to post this.

[EDIT]
    I guess many people are sleeping now, hence the slow posts. I'm not, nearly 3pm here.

Oh oh guys, you know what? Sega said that killing him will be bad to the Town (implied), and CJ kinda used the same tactic last game (Sorry I keep comparing games, but it's the first day, ya know). I wonder if they have similar roles..

Also, I'm really sorry if I don't really respond to long posts (Kyra and Polantaris' posts), it's just that you guys have talked a lot (Not a bad thing, a good thing actually) and I dunno what to reply, hence I didn't comment anything. Hope you two won't mind me :)

7. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

While I tend to be agressive normally. I tend to use as little words to get to the point. Mostly because my use of langauges is really bad.

Another thing to note is that the other forum I played mafia games on mafia members usually did misdirection instead of agreeing as you guys have mentioned here. Most of you have a way different play style then what I am used too. what some of you people call stupid or sketchy is mostly due to inexperience of how you guys work/play and the fact that agreeing didn't hurt you on the other forums(even tho the mafia won like almost every time expect for 3 I think). I also don't like to do long lengthy posts mostly due it takes me a lot longer then your average person to make it not look like total garbage. Lazy mode really explains me well. Too much work for me to make quality posts most of the times.

If i were to write an extended quality response it would probably take me at least a good hour or more mostly due to double and triple checking my horrible spelling then checking if the grammar is at least understandable.

8. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

"It will be bad for town if you lynch me!" is literally the first defense anyone uses regardless of role. It means literally nothing.

Speak for yourself, Mr.IHaveNearlyDoubleThePostsOfAnyoneElse. =P

9. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Well, the defense used isn't convincing.

Hahaha, yeah, I would prefer that. I don't mind posting more frequently, but I also don't mind long posts.

Rereading Bad Apple Mafia, still had that fun. Transferring the fun here now :D

Still reading of Chaz's post, trying to make sense of it. i'm sorry, Chaz, not that your post was bad, but I need to read it properly.

Got it, understood it now. Here, we would prefer for you to speak out, not just agreeing.

[EDIT]

I know that it's still early, but do you guys have an idea of who to lynch? Not that I can vote anyway, so yeah. I'm practically useless in lynching this time around.

10. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

@Kyrastri;
    That’s fine and gives me a chance to answer questions for my own benefit.
    Anyway,
    Motive to vote Chaz: well if we return to the post that I started to make an action…
    I had already given my reasoning. Yes it’s probably not a good base to start off with but we have to start somewhere. And coincidentally I’ve gained engagement from Shidoshi and Faonkarino.

OMGUS on faokarino: If it was a real OMGUS, then it would be to Shidoshi wouldn’t it? But as I have mentioned, I’m trying to gather responses and collect tone and attitude towards my action, which’ll be quite useful from day 2 and onwards.

Voting and raising stakes: Maybe I’m using this wrong but sure tagging and calling to gain a response is probably a less aggressive way to receive engagement and information from your target but voting them like I have done does create a lot more discussion.

What can a third do that a second do not? The current situation I am in. :P At least we know now that Shidoshi is demonstrating that he is actively scum hunting and in a sense lightened the accusations on Chaz (which unfortunately have been spoilt by Chaz’s own action). Faonkarino at first looked like he was just conforming but a strong and bold reply gives me a sense otherwise.
    --------
    @Chaz;
    I believe spending an hour to put thought into writing is very typical so I don’t think that makes you excused. Especially if you have a lot to write and/or to redeem yourself.

..and uhh Sega seems to be off the forums without providing much input.

11. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Inactivity may not equate to scum but it's easy to hide among the silent if we don't push people to talk. While Chaz and Liable are being pushed because of their actions, we at least have actions to push against, and we need to get people talking if we want to start building a case early like you suggested. We need more information on the unknown, so we have bigger fish to fry.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to see, and I'm not asking for a new(er) testament when you post, but I guess consider what it adds to the discussion a little more. I haven't seen how your other forum plays mafia, but we do have other players who play elsewhere and it wouldn't be completely fair if we let otherwise suspicious behaviour off the hook.

edit: response to Liable

to preface: sorry in advance if I sound particularly aggressive, sneaky play personally annoys me and I never liked the "this is for my benefit", self-absorbed talk when this is a game where we're meant to collectively oust cheats. Hopefully I won't say anything that warrants use of this disclaimer but I'm putting it out there just in case. And I know it's probably not deliberate JSYK. Call it personal preference.

I wasn't really questioning your already given reasoning, which other people have picked apart already (and also the basis of people's votes on you). Though now that I think about it, weren't you perpetuating part of the same accusation you had for voting Faon (adding onto a vote count)?

And I don't think I really need to, or anybody else for that matter, know about who you've been engaging with, or whose 'reactions' you've gauged if you're going to keep it to yourself for future days. The last time someone did that (they didn't even mention that their analysis had gotten so extensive), they got annoyed at everyone else. And we all know what happened to him.

Not necessarily. And like I said before, it won't be useful if we don't know about it. If Romeo knew that Juliet was faking it, we wouldn't be stuck with a play about the antics of two unfortunate lovers.

So you did read of my antics of this morning. I'm not disagreeing with you, but we already had 2 votes. 3, to me, suggests that you want to lynch that person. And you were scumhunting. Getting him to talk was already useless at this point as he had already spoken and even voted for someone he thought suss.

12. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

That is most likely the case, but we can never be too careful. We have had trigger/"mine" (for lack of a better term) ability that trigger once certain terms are met (Like 9th vote is null or 9th person to post is silenced/locked). It does seem like a stretch for Kyrasti's ability to have a hidden effect, but it would also depend on the drawbacks of her ability.

It is hard to tell if Liable or Chaz are being defended with a wall of votes or if we are making a big deal of nothing...

13. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Oh well, we can suspect you too.

14. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

good mooooorning. im literally reading all this juicy gossip with one eye open. anywho, after rereading, studying, and analyzing posts written, i have come with a conclusion....i have no idea who the baddies and townies are. infact it made me kinda paranoid of everyone. not nessessarily for the lynching/nighttime mafia killings per se but for the powers people might have. since this is a digital world one would assume there are the dangers typically associated with being online such as hackers, trojans, spyware, malware, and what other wares there are (lol adware). they dont even have to be associated with a group but out for themselves which scares the crap out of me. ofc im not saying "eyy!!! lets hold hands and not lynch today", because thats a free kill.

i am quite curious to see what happens during the night, tho i have a feeling that heads will roll

15. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

@Kyrastri; No need to apologise. That’s the whole point of this game. Accuse and be accused. But yeah if I am to be accused for doing so why can I not accuse others of doing so? ;)

Sorry I must be missing something. Me poking people and their response is there as a forum post for everyone to read. I don’t think I’ve kept anything for myself? Which ties in with your second question. It’s there o.o?

Actually if we go by chronological order he voted for someone after I had poked/voted for him. So in my eyes I had an outcome out of it.

Much of this discussion will make more meaning when the day ends, where people have or have not placed votes. At this stage, it’s just trying to get a feel of who’s active or not. Who’s actually trying to find the mafia or not.

16. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Although it may not seem wise, I believe Sega's tone isn't really a good news. I think he is a potential mafia member. Unless it's a trap.. I dunno.

I mean, if you are a Townie, you won't behave like that right? I won't. All those passiveness/reluctance to post isn't what Townies do. So, I think he's either a mafia or a third-party member. Third-party may be possible because he may not want to post actively so that he doesn't seem Townie, nor he may not seem mafia. (I'm sorry if I am confusing all of you, but in short, he could be a third-party member)

[EDIT]
    My mistake, no "don't", I believe he is.

17. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Oh pomegranate, I made a mistake. I misread Chaz's no lynch vote (pg 4) as his vote for MasPan, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

18. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

No, but you can be kicked/lynched. Why bother signing up if you don't want to play with the rest of us? It would not have taken that long to let us know you are busy irl so we could stop hounding you. And coming back only to post like that is somewhat disrespectful of the game.

@TheBirds; Not sure what your time zones are, but do try to speak more.

@Chaz; I understand that it may be hard to get everything out, but you should still try. If you have spelling/grammar problems, use a word processor to write so it can fix your mistakes and copy it over.

Still catching up on posts,and I probably won't have as much time today to post. Honestly, I am kind of fed up with Sega, and he could just be doing this now because he saw we did not want to lynch him, so he feels safe if he just stays "active". Didn't notice TheBirds posting much like Kyrastri mentioned, just like last game. That does seem to be the way he plays. People are making some good points, I just have not read them all yet.

19. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

That. Seriously, I don't like this type of people. Please do post, or at least, be more active. Your current situation irks people, and I might even consider reporting this to xBTAx to consider replacing you with a sub.

That said, let's move back to the topic:

So, the list of suspicious people are, in no particular order:
    - Sega
    - TheBirds
    - Chaz
    - CJ (to an extent, I dunno yet)
    - Olsi (to an extent, I dunno yet)
    - Liable