Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

GG folks :P

I'm shocked that Meta was a vanilla survivor but I guess it didn't really matter.

2. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

Since on Day 4 everyone from Island B moved to Island A, Holypie couldn't protect anyone and the game ended on this Night.
    Nevertheless, with xBTAx's power the pirafia would still have won tonight.

3. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

God damn I knew VerrKol was maf since like forever, he was so scummy ._. BTA was a surprise, Corn, in retrospect, was me being dumb. Also what the pineapple Meta why would you claim cop?

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    usa

Because he didn't want you to lynch him... but that was definitely a shock for me too.

I think having a limited cop and doctor left the town a bit underpowered. Island hoping also became too suspicious (partly thanks to me getting us to lynch them) to be the frequent mechanic I think Shidoshi intended it to be. Polantaris/Dusk needed to use his power more often (at all) but there seemed little incentive to do so.

I would have like to see a god event that randomized island locations just to shake things up when it got a little slow.

5. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

Yeah, being the second time I run this setup, people really needed more incentive to change islands.

I don't feel the town was underpowered, the PRs were limited, but they still could do work. Sega not using his knowledge to innocent Words was pretty dumb. Holypie not protecting MasPan or y0y0y0y0shi0 when they were pretty clear mafia targets wasn't the smartest either. The mafia had a small number of members and double-lynching could quickly win the game for the survivors.

I was pretty sure VerrKol and Corn were gonna be lynched on Day 4, with how scummy they were acting on the last day. But it didn't happen.

6. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

Next time, I must join in the fun.

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Was it even possible for Sega to investigate Words? They swapped islands on night 1 so wouldn't he have to investigate on night 2 when he was already dead?

8. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

I don't understand why she did but it would've have worked if only there were more hints of her being on the survivor side. I don't think that was the problem but the lack of posting before and after Corn counter claimed... I don't really blame you guys but the lack of posting instead, how were you to figure out which way Meta leaned to if she never did anything pro survivor or pro pirafia. And not Meta but everyone in general, how was anyone supposed to realize who was being pro town and who wasn't if there was little going on until the last minute... and even then some posts were rather irrelevant.
    If anything I'd ask wtp why wouldn't you claim cop, Sega? And I'd also ask me wtp why wouldn't you claim vigilante, Words?

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

The lack of participation overall was definitely a hindrance.

10. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

I agree with Verrkol the lack of participation was the town's downfall. It was pretty obvious that Meta was town by the end of the day especially since he got locked in and was not participating. xBTAx and Corn being mafia seemed pretty obvious but with Holypie being the only participating member, but there wasn't much to be done.

Either way, it was a good game. Congratz to the pirate mafia.

11. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

I was going to move Corn to our island during the only night I had the ability to (since I wasn't playing for any of the other nights), because I didn't like him from the beginning. I even submitted the PM to Shidoshi but then cancelled it because I felt that the other island was going to become too easy to reach a majority if there were more mafia then survivors there.

I think this was the overall problem with the entire game. Too many survivors were suspicious because they didn't do anything. Dusk, before I showed, Niernen, and Meta, at the very least were all Survivors but they didn't participate which made far too many suspects and far too little evidence to suspect anyone in particular. Silence is the tool of the Mafia in these games.

I suspected you slightly, but not enough to vote for you right then. It seemed to convenient for you to jump on my Zelkova vote. However, Holypie didn't help by completely ignoring Meta, although I was almost positive he was fine after he revealed his name. The names seemed important simply because, at least at the time, the only person who didn't have a first and last name with the same first letter was Zelkova, who was Mafia.

I didn't trust Corn at all, I explained exactly why in my post near the end. But, no one was really supporting me, and Niernen did absolutely nothing to keep himself alive but wasn't Mafia, which annoys me.

I will agree, xBTAx was a complete surprise. But then again, what did he contribute on the last day? And the first day? Nothing, that I remember. It shouldn't have been as big of a surprise as it was. He participated just enough to get out of the spotlight.

12. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

Not saving Mas and y0shi was pretty dumb on my part, but I didn't really like the idea of changing islands as that seemed pretty dangerous at the time. And even if I were to switch votes to Corn it wouldn't have doe anything, since Meta was MIA. Still kind of annoyed that you guys chose to lynch Niernen over Zelkova. You could have done it, and we would have lasted a little longer. Ah well.

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I think you mean me not Zelkova

14. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

Yeah whoops.

15. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

The pirafia also had safeclaims with names with the same format as those of the survivors. No one had a repeat letter for their first+last name.
    I don't like games to be solved by trivial things such as mass name claims or mod tips. It becomes a game of "outguess the mod" instead of a game of scum hunting.

16. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

Remember that time Corn should've died on the first day.
    Honestly, I DID fully intend to lynch him, but I didn't want Mas on my bad side just for that. >.>

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1255907
    ^soooooo much of that it hurt.

I admit, after the 3rd day, I was pretty certain BTA was scum for that vote on ImagineAll, and I was pretty sure ImagineAll wasn't scum when that happened, so obviously I made a pretty stupid mistake there that probably could've been avoided....but seriously if you come, vote without saying ANYTHING, and then leave and never say anything else for the rest of the game...what the hell are we supposed to do??

And in retrospect I probably should've just stuck with my "Corn's probably fakeclaiming this to seem like he's town." It was extremely out of place when he claimed it and I was pretty sure he was lying when he came out with it. Probably shouldn't have just written it off as "we'll come back to it" >.>

(most of this I figured out while I was busy being dead ;_;)

17. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

The only reason I thought of it is because Holypie made such an emphasis on people revealing their names, and then when I looked at all the Role PMs we had available (including my own), it added up to that.

I didn't know if it was actually a correct conclusion, but considering how much Holypie was over it I figured there was something to it.

18. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

All in all it was a fun game, a little slow at the start and with some people participating less than desirable, but all kind of expected for a comeback game after so long with players that had lost the habit of checking SP.

I might have another go here with an open or semi-open setup, unless someone else is feeling like modding. I'll have more free time coming Wednesday to have a look at possibilities.

I'd like to apologize for my rather short flavor posts, it's not exactly my forte.

19. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

Vote me for most obvious pirate 2k14.

In all honesty this game was pushed off so far from the intended start date that I didn't know what I was going to be doing this past week way back when I signed up. I'm working on a huge project that will lead up to my eventual promotion at work so I kinda neglected the game for the most part. Sorry ._.

20. Default Re: Two Island Mafia - Discussion Thread

So the thing about me not participating at the start was... I legitimately did not know that the game had started (or that I was mafia!) until Shidoshi hunted me down on Steam, oops. At that point I also realized that I had totally forgotten that Memorial Day weekend was a thing and how busy I was going to be on Saturday; after that I was mostly not posting because of hanging out with family and the other reason I vaguely stated in the thread (not really understanding the mafia logic/terms most people seemed very familiar with) rather than just lying low in general. Then I was back home, so posting (close to) normally happened.

As for the last day, I was completely willing to post again after my vote for Meta... and then everyone acted like I was COMPLETELY OBVIOUSLY TOWN and so I figured saying anything would, well, make you guys remember that there was absolutely nothing to prove that was the case (and that I had posted just about as much as Meta did that day). And then when I was finally brought up as likely being a mafia member, Holy showed no signs of switching his vote, so there was no need for me to convince him.

...the other mafia members have also kindly not mentioned the fact that thanks to my currently terrible sleep schedule messing with my sense of time, I totally thought the game would end a real life day earlier and then at like... 9:50 that night realized that we'd have to hold out for another day. That was kinda really embarrassing.

I think town wasn't necessarily underpowered as written, but the fact that many of them centered around the islands made them that way when nobody was changing. Also, the only way Holy could have protected either of them would have been to switch islands, immediately placing him under suspicion. If he then claimed the lack of a kill would likely be seen as proof... but then we would have killed him and used my power to kill someone else that night anyway and we'd have the same number of deaths, and that's assuming one of us mafia didn't claim before he did. It could have also set a precedent for needing to claim after an island switch, etc. etc. and that wouldn't really have helped anything either. Of course, he couldn't know about my power, but it still would have been incredibly risky for him to do that (though, maybe it would have been worth doing for y0; the delay then could have helped them win the game if they were lucky).