1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

I know I'm just arguing semantics here, but it would only be a third chance if they misbehaved after having restrictions lifted the first time. Obviously this is extending the "second chance" hand to people who weren't gifted with the privilege the first time around.

Maybe they should have called it "round two"

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

And this sounds more like "Fourth Chance 5.0 (the second time around)".

3. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

..This is a new thing how? They've been slapping your face since 2008.

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

^that

Me and many other maplers were victims of a wave of faulty autobans last year and I think that was one of the major reasons they realized they had to do the "second chance" thing. It wasn't really a second chance, Nexon even indirectly admitted that it was to unban accidentally banned legits. It was called "Second Chance" most likely cause A) They didn't want to admit the false bans, B) They knew they couldn't know for sure that no cheaters got released.

When me and many others complained at Nexon forums, they did hint that there would be 2nd unbanning coming up depending on how the first one went. In the end, it still was thanks to the 2nd chance that I got unbanned as soon as in 1 month. If they hadn't closed all the previous ban tickets, who knows when my ticket would've been noticed, if at all.

None of this would be needed if Nexon only banned illegit accounts. Unfortunately that isn't the case and won't be in the future if Nexon keeps on relying so much on automation and less on real human moderation, or on poorly trained GMs with little knowledge of the gameplay.

5. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

They added a suggestion section to their forums. Someone can always make a suggestion about it and see if they do anything with it. I'm sure they won't because it's Nexon
    I hope you do read this Nexon!

6. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

@MysteryMask;

I got this:
    It's been 2 days still nothing?
    And I can't seem to find the sub-category for 'Ban, Rank or Suspension Appeals' anymore?

7. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

It's a bit of a shame Chameleonic disappeared. He might've finally been unbanned due to the second chances things.

8. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

I saw it not too long ago when submitting a ticket for my cutscene-trapped character. I didn't know it was an event-thing? I would've appealed for one of my banned accounts haha.

9. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

I have the exact same problem with one of my accounts. Its been unbanned for 3 days and I still get DC'd when I try to log into the server. I also cant find the ban appeal option anymore =/

10. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

I am having the same issue as DavyJonesx and LiquidSwing. Whenever I try to log into the account that was "unbanned" I get the same "Your account has been blocked, please contact billing etc etc" error.

Edit: Perhaps the reason we don't see the Ban Appeal listing anymore is because the GMs only work Monday-Friday?

Starting today, our Customer Support team has additional staff working between 10am and 6pm Pacific, Monday to Friday, when players will be able to send a ticket request to have their accounts unbanned.

11. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

They never unbanned my account they said they wold unbanned either, lol.

12. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

Ban appeal section is available again, I just checked. It also worked yesterday.

13. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

Still not un-banned after a week.
    I send nexon a new ticket, because they closed the other one.
    This is how they reply:
    NO it's fkn not.

Only 1 comment on my old ticket and that's about releasing my account within 24 hours.

14. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

I dont know if this was inplemented before or after they said they would never unban me (GM Cicada) but I will try later on today and to be honest I never even hacked or anything like that ..Just bought the wrong items i suppose

15. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

So they finally did it ._.

16. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

Totally true, but there is some sentimental value to old accounts. My beta-heritage account was banned 6 years ago for no reason that they would ever tell me, and once a year I've appealed it for memory sake - and they just unbanned it because of this!

But actually returning to play is highly unlikely, so they don't gain anything...

-Alterwolfie, who hasn't ended a post like this on a forum in years.

17. Default Re: MapleStory Second Chance 2.0

Eh about a 3 week necro , but whatever

Congrats on a 4 1/2 year unban haha , Doubtful and most likely that you don;t really care anymore other than the nostalgic feeling you get from having an old account (possibly a old main account) unbanned.. Even if you had the godliest of items , giving almost 5 years I doubt you have anything worth over a bill mesos haha .. Which sucks considering potential had came out lets see, about 3/4 years ago? I know they came out at the 9-11 month span of Galicia so at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 is when they came out with potential so roughly 3 years ago..

nonetheless man thats really cool to see & I just wanted to say congrats & Enjoy :)