Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

This right here is top quality advertising:

this one too

2. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

3. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

On my iPad at least, I've started getting those popups on every page that take up half the screen.

4. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

I've yanked #2.

I have high hopes for #3 but we're still under review by them and may not be accepted.
    I was quite miffed to be rejected from the first two so we're off to a bad start.

I still have a pile of hopeful options left too, so no panic about us being doomed yet

5. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

i wouldnt actually mind doing this though :/

edit: except we probably won't be able to get everyone to donate either

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i feel like panicking just for that one word.

any reasons for not being accepted?

7. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

I can say without a doubt I'd be unable to. Granted i'm one of those heathens that's got ad's banned on this site anyways, and that fact notwithstanding, i only have a few months at most of using the site and interacting with the people here (whom I've come to love and hate.. mostly tolerate) before I'm shipped out to sea again.
    And that's not including the financial constraints I'm certain I'm not alone in being in.

8. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

They almost never say, but usually it's because we're too niche to have the sort of traffic they want.

9. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

The worst part of all of this is that they don't even tell you what you did wrong...how do they possibly expect you to fix it? Especially when it's a forum? It's like they gave us a locked safe and said the key was in the world somewhere with the instructions of just, "Go find it."

10. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

They follow the principles of "your content, your problem" but it really does come across more as "if you don't know what you did wrong I am not going to tell you"

11. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

Is there an emergency plan if we get doomed?

12. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

Ritually sacrificing most of you for money. Duh.

13. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

In a regular site I could certainly understand the concept...but on a forum it's almost impossible to know what ticked them off unless there was some recent big event on the forum that caused an uproar. They should really have some leniency in what they tell you depending on the type of site.

14. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

If SP ever gets to the point where it needs donations to float, I'll give Eos enough money to float for another few months. I'm sure @KhainiWest; and a few others would do the same.

15. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

I demand mod status if I'm keeping the websit alive@@@ Or something simliar, like "super user status"

16. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

I can't help but think this whole debacle would've been avoided, had no one gotten as worked up over a* person and the crew of people he has around him.
    Maybe it's my ignorance to this whole affair, but had no one stirred the pot, then proceeded to pour in all kinds of ingredients, and toss way too many chefs to stir the stew spoon, then this messy spillage of pomegranate wouldn't be all over the floor, and especially everyone's fine chef shoes, which are surely being ever-more stained.

17. Default Re: This is why, people, this is why.

I could probably come up with enough to keep it up for a day. Maybe 2.

@Mute; My shoes are already pretty stained
    Spoiler

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

this has happened several times before the current drama. just that google is now being a peach and not saying what's wrong.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It makes no sense, though. They are willing to spend the resources (employee time) to look at your site over and over as you make blind corrections, but can't be bothered to write up their findings so the process can be shortened?

20. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

yeah, and hence my suspicions at there being larger apes in the pen swinging bananas and fecal matter around. Plus the timing of it all just makes me picture those apes all gathering together and oogling over a calender, organizing and planning for the perfect day; getting their diets just right to amass the perfect portion sizes of dung, and "getting swoll" to be ready for the pomegranate-festival of flingery and dungery.