Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Played my first diretide game and the other team was like: get eth blade, pick nukers. When we didn't they proceeded to call us brs and noob the whole game. I've seen people like that occasionally and I guess that's the stereotype, but wow, I thought this was supposed to be a fun mode. Item drops bring out the worst in people I guess. Oh well, I'm going to stick to normal games.

And man, I suck at last hitting

2. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

The last stage of Diretide mode isn't that fun to begin with anyway, so the main focus becomes taking Rosh down fast. Their reaction to you not picking accordingly is just stupid. I bet it's the kind of people who spammed "Give DIRETIDE" all over the internet. Especially when you can just pick eblade+dagon+refresher+veil at the end regardless of what hero you pick and still be somewhat useful.
    Then again, people are still trying to figure out if eblade+dagon or mass rapier works better, so either style (right clicks or nukes) could be used.
    I think it's the last stage that brings the worst out of people, because first part has been all fun and giggles for me (and the random people I've played with).

3. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

The funny part is that the eth+dagon thingy isn't even the most effecient anymore since apparently items aren't refreshed anymore(they didn't in the test client anyway)

4. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

And then the fun was ruined. All people do now is trade candy so that everyone gets a lot of items and kills Rosh fast.
    Except there are several issues with it.
    People don't understand that mass rapiers seem to be working better so they go eblade and mess with the right clickers.
    There are morons who just won't stop killing you "just for fun" which makes it that much more boring. To top it off, once I get pissed off and shot gun them they start crying.
    I guess I'll just do it over and over tonight so that I get fed up with it.

5. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Watching singsing learning how to play the new heroes is too much fun.

6. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

So.. I was watching cyborgmatt's stream
    And then I asked him for a song, then he actually put it. Then I just started chat with him about the music.
    Turns out he likes most of the music I do.
    The wombats, Parov Stelar and such.
    I FEEL SO SPECIAL
    As of now:
    Running a content analysis

7. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

OMG I finally won with Earth Spirit after 4 games with him, feels so satisfying to get the hang of playing this really complex hero. His roll is really insane for chasing, and combined with his pull, it means that you won't be chasing alone. I still don't really understand his ultimate though, it seems quite underwhelming to me and so far I prefer to skip his ult until I max all my other skills.

Edit: I'm really sorry to the people I played with in the first few games though, sucked really badly as I learnt the basics of the hero.

8. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Some days I hate the game and the random people I play with. Lately, I'm having this feeling more and more often.
    I miss the days when the 5 of us played while on Skype and stuff.

EDIT: At least watching pro games still entertains me and sometimes makes me happy :)

9. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Good day today!
    Someone praised me for my awesome farm with Weaver :D
    My hand was shaky as pineapple early game for no reason but I still managed to get really nice farm and like 5 kills lol
    Later in the game when nasty all chat began complaining about us I just said "Hey, we played a no support line up! Show some love instead :(" or something like that and got commended twice :D
    Other team played really well, though. For like 10 mins I thought we weren't going to make it! :P
    Spoiler

Also, I avoided like 3 o 4 attacks from Slardar when I was in a really bad position. Even RGN gods love me today!

10. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Wraith Night is incredibly frustrating. Not only does it take forever to finish the whole thing but the queues also take forever... and it's not like I'm queuing t 3am.
    Then most team mates fail because, somehow, they can't kite and attack or just go afk -_- And then the rewards are so overpriced that I'd need like 24 hours more just to get enough for one with the wait time and the failures.
    At least I got my mouse now, which makes me happy, I wonder where @Chew; is because I haven't seen him in a while :(

11. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

We should definitely set up some 5-man wraith night, i found it to be a lot of fun with friends.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

What's Wraith Night like? Some snippets of what I hear makes it seem like a Starcraft UMS game of sorts.

13. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Do you know X-hero siege from WC3? A lot like that.

14. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Well, I'm always up for some 5 man action :)
    I'll ask when I see you online then!

EDIT: What do you do with OD if you're doing fine mid, you're ahead in cs and a level because you're practically given free farm, but one of your lanes is getting owned badly? Is it worth it to give up free farm? If so, what do you do in order to ensure you're not wasting time and farm moving to a different lane?
    Last edited by Words; 2013-12-14 at 06:25 PM.

15. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Who were you up against? If your enemy doesn't have a carry that is a harder carry than you and you think you can stroll through the late-game easily i'd say just keep getting ahead in your own lane and make sure you win your lane hard. If you notice this happening early enough, get a midas and farm a LOT, i mean like get 2-3 items ahead of the enemy carry if possible and then try to 5-man with your team with your sheep and BKB and win fights.
    But link me to the match and tell me who was where and i might be able too give a more precise answer.

Also this is some funny ass pomegranate: http://esportsexpress.com/2013/12/ic...-gmail-hacked/

16. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

@Malthe;
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/423532925

I was mid against Zeus, I was denying him almost every creep and I got a bottle as fast as possible so I kept imprisoning him so he just stood besides the tower because I wasn't contested for quite a while. Riki and BH were top against Rhasta and ET and they did as best as possible sharing last hits and not dying. Bottom lane was Jakiro and Huskar and they were giving away a lot of kills.By 10-15 minutes Jakiro had like 10 deaths. Biggest problem was they fed courier at like 4minutes with my bottle and boots. I also thought of buying midas but the courier was dead and I was afraid it'd be too much down time. Once I finally got my bottle again and completed treads, Axe and Undying were getting tankier and I was afraid that if someone didn't kill them it'd be over really soon. Since they were a couple of levels ahead, I was lv10 when I left lane which I understand now was a mistake, my ult did a lot of damage but not enough to kill anyone and my teammates were behind so they didn't really help. After that they started 5-man pushes and it was over. I was useless, I couldn't farm safely anymore, our fights were awful and defending high ground was annoying, no one could get to their squishy heroes because Axe and Undying were the front line and they just wouldn't die.

I think that there was no chance for us that game but I was clueless in that game. Next time in a similar situation I'll know just get midas and keep owning that lane in hopes of getting ahead of enemy carry.

17. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Yeah looking at it i'd definitely have said midas would've been a correct item in this game.
    You had a bounty hunter so putting all your eggs in one basket(You) might've been the right choice, but that game would've probably been lost regardless if you lost 2 out of 3 lanes like that.

My standard items for OD in 6.78 were:
    Midas rush into Tranquil boots into mekansm into either finishing boots or getting shadow-blade or both and then grabbing BKB and scythe followed by shivas.
    But after 6.79 i'd probably not get mekansm and tranquil since items don't trigger the aura anymore, and you can't even disassemble tranquils.
    Midas is still situationally really good and so is shadow blade for if you're planning to gank.
    But nowadays my 'standard' build would probably be more like
    Bottle -> Treads -> Maybe shadow blade if early presence is needed, if not -> BKB -> Scythe -> Assault cuirass/Shivas depending on what's needed.

18. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Sorry!
    Several things happened. First I'm at my parents house just to visit them on these holidays then...
    I totally pineappleed up my processor so took me a while to get a new one.
    Then my motherboard went full retard so had to buy a new one.
    I had a chance to catch a Gtx 650 for just $95.
    So I'm pretty happy with that...
    So what I bought was:
    PROCESSOR FX-6300 X6 3.5GHZ
    GEFORCE GTX650 1GB PCI EXPRESS
    MOTHERBOARD M5A78L-M LX PLUS SOCKET AM3+
    4Gbx2 HyperX Kingston Ram 1600
    All that for just $300
    I guess I should be back by monday

19. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Yeah, that site is unbelievably hilarious.
    http://esportsexpress.com/2013/12/elo-creationists/
    God hates Aghs!

EDIT: Removing solo queue is the most idiotic thing ever.
    I'm never playing Clockwerk in a solo queue game again. I make room as much as possible in the early-mid game if I'm having a good game, but I can't carry late game even with a good start so I depend on others and that can't be done.
    Last edited by Words; 2013-12-19 at 10:35 AM.