1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

Stop it...there's no way your non-leeching HS keeps up with your kill rate...you can't make this test and end up saying solo is better than party or vice versa.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

By non-leeching HS he doesn't mean attacking HS. He means a HS'er that is not in party, or too low-level to leech (what's min level to enter the map, anyway?)

3. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Oh nevermind ignore me then please continue.

4. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

Sorry if I wasn't clear, the HS mule is level 190, it's just sitting in the safe spot in the corner on the mountain where I'm using it to buff myself.

Perhaps I should gear it up and play it using my feet.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

unless it has autopot, i'd recommend playing your dualblade like that, that bishop gonna go down FAST from what i've seen. (semi-serious post)

6. Neutron

IGN: shootDaFokUp
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: BlackRose

If it's the right spot, the mule will never ever get hit. However there only a very tiny spot that's totally safe.

I have been letting my kanna and bishop sitting at that spot for 4+ hours and never got hit once.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

o am aware, but read what he said, he said he was gonna go kill golems with both his bishop and DB, playing the bishop with the feet.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Only problem with that spot is Nexon's stupid "anti-bot" mechanism, that forces you to move your bishop after some number of buffs at the same spot. So I get up Bishop's Stance and Shield (as well as Magic Guard and Invincible), move a bit, cast HS, and then spend a minute or three moving it back to the exact safe spot and watching to make sure I got it pixel-perfect. Stressful, to say the least. But I guess it's better than no safe spot at all.

9. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

I found that the easiest way of avoiding the anti-bot mechanism is to cast Holy Magic Shell (+ Magic Guard just incase if there are a lot of mobs on the platform below), tap Angel Ray and teleport right once, cast your buff macro then cast Angel Ray again and teleport back without moving left/right at all. You don't move at all if you telecast so you end up perfectly in the safe spot afterwards.

You can also fly to the top of the mountain (either side) if you have a flying mount, but it's annoying having to fly up there every time to recast buffs, especially if you use pets since they get disabled when you stop flying.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

Thanks, will try the teleport method. I don't have flying mounts on either Bishop or Hero so that's not a possibility.

11. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

I just leave my HS mule in town and Nearest town scroll+ Hyper Rock(Permanent <3) back. Maybe it could be the time zone I play but I've never had any problems with my map being hijacked (in Scania).

Unfortunately I'm not well equipped to have a Kanna mule there but I assume you can just dock it at the top of the map.

12. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

So they essentially made this a solo play game while trying to promote party play and simultaneously in an effort to get it's players to "enjoy the lower levels" made it more tedious than anything to reach 120 when we can actually start doing stuff>

Seriously the only thing that is effectively working as low level content is events because they usually pay off for low levels as a higher rate and that is simply because you can do the level up events faster.

Did they really think diminishing returns would help...
    Last edited by lulzace; 2013-07-02 at 05:38 AM.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default A Theory to the New EXP Changes

Party play is still superior in it's intended set up. If you can't find someone of your own strength, a rival to play off each other, you might as well be playing alone anyway. There's no way you can justify getting more exp from carrying a full party.

14. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

Iguess but now its like...Even with a full party the bonus exp is so diminished that everyone gets less than they would solo even if it would take them longer to kill solo. In the long run it is beneficial but most people don't look past the numbers' face-value which is why I did this : http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/269....html#44269961

I'd rather train with a party personally, and its not just me the people with lower ranges can't even get together because no LHC, solo is better at w/e hp multiplier you can handle in Evo. And 50%+ of our bosses are pineappled up so even trying to get together for that is out of the question.

It mostly seems to be a case of diminishing returns but the hell do I know.

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default A Theory to the New EXP Changes

Just because you get more exp per person doesn't mean having a full party is viable, or even that you need one.

16. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

Okay hold on a sec.

pre Unleashed you got more total exp with a full party w/ 300% party play bonus.

Now it's lower, but the biggest factor is kill speed, which is why people dont want to party b/c if they can solo the high hp mobs they get more exp than in a party, but they completely disregard the factor of kills speed which can make or break which one is best. Leaching is still a thing, but the problem is that if you have everyone trying to solo, even on low lv maps, that causes more stress on the server for one thing. Another issue is tha the complain about everyone going to jesters and etc? well now all the alternatives are packed too so in places like YMKC which was never really that populated to begin with, where usually you could find a channel of the "prime" spots or an alternative free, you cant now. Unless its something like Omega Sector or Korean folk town b/c lots of new players are still finding their way, or the same for returning players.

The issue is less the exp and more the mentality about exp vs party. And in all honesty the quickest way to remedy thisis to return the exp formula to what it was.

Extra options are to change lhc's exp to below what it was, but still have bonus exp. Even as packed as YMCK was on 2x FTP was basically empty, so people will still be rooted in their ways and the ppl who used to just go with the flow suffer for it. It sucks when you have new players and after a few weeks they get to 130 only to be lost on what to do at that level when they get a level per evo run or less and can only do it 5 times a day. Even worse when they don't really want to b/c they have to do it alone.

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I'm confused why you think there is something to fix, or why the old formula would fix it.

18. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

It doesn't need to be fixed to be good for training. The problem is that people are only looking at the face value and wont party untill it returns to how it used to be. Or at leas thats what it seems like w/ all these ppl soloing maps.

19. Default Re: A Theory to the New EXP Changes

The only difference is that people are now soloing SH and TP. All the non-party play areas were already solo only.