IGN: EastTimor
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 201
    Job: All of them
    Guild: Faith
    Alliance: Solace
    Farm: Travel
    canada

Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

i really don't understand how anybody ever would think this ui would be a good idea

2. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

Spoiler

Edit: Nevermind this looks almost exactly like Razmos' first mockup. I think I was going to cut it down to 6 items per row but got distracted. Although 6 might be scaling it back too far, idk.

3. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

I had the only one in GAZED and then my exgf scammed it off of me.............................. crying forever was my favorite chair

4. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

Korea made this content, CMS only happened to get it before (?) us.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yes, people still play on old hardware.

Also, my screen is 1366x768 pixels but I prefer to keep Maple in Windowed mode so I can do other things while still keeping an eye on it, and vice versa. The larger window size is very inconvenient, and I would hate to be forced into an even wider one.

6. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

mmmmmmmmmmmmhm now that's an hp and mp bar.

7. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

Just stating the obvious: I am not happy with the HP/MP bar.

Also, given where the EXP bar is, I cannot play in window-ed mode if I want to see that bar (or I can simply open my stat UI tbh).

One thing though: when the HP/MP bar keeps flashing, you'd be hard-pressed to see just how much it went down to, because white against white is very obvious.

Hadriel

8. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

"what does AB look like?"

(haven't seen it posted before)

9. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

Seems Waltzing had a go at redesigning the UI. From Nexon official forums:

10. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: NoblestGas
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 251
    Job: Noob
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Fancy

From what I can see so far, it's sort of amusing to have something new, but at the same time I had zero problems with the old menu bar. Now it looks like Mabinogi, and one of the main reasons I don't play Mabi anymore is because I hate the UI. There better be an option to choose. And to restate what's already been said, the HP/MP bars are way too short.

11. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Cozmose
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Enthralling
    Alliance: Provocative
    usa

Ahh, I like his a bit more than the actual one! I read on the forum after his post that someone wanted the 1 ~ 0 keys at the bottom to the quick slots instead but I think it's perfect the way he has it now. Maybe that's because half my skills don't fit on just the quick slots, so I have to use 1 ~ 0 and would very much like to be able to see them instead of opening the Keyset UI but that's just me.

12. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

I understand that some people prefer to play in windowed mode for various reasons. I do it too sometimes.

But I can't help but think that designing a game with the idea that the players are going to afk is not the best decision. Considering other MMOs don't do it (that, or they have scaleable UIs--something that Maple does not), incurring development costs so that your players have an easier time not playing the game seems almost silly. I'd rather that they focus on the experience in-game, rather than the experience of afking.

As for the actual hardware issue, I think we're well beyond the era of 800*600. Realistically, anyone who plays Maple in the first place would be fairly updated with technology. It's highly implausible that anyone would be running Maple on hardware that cannot play Maple in HD. With how complex software has become nowadays, you wouldn't be having much of an enjoyable experience on the internet at all in the first place if your computer cannot run something as basic as Maple.

13. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

*slowly raises hand*

I cannot play MapleStory in a resolution larger than 800x600 without my computer nearly shitting itself.

14. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

I thought someone said we could remap those. I don't use 1~0 either, so I really hope we can change them.

15. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

My $500 notebook with integrated graphics can play Maple just fine--heck, I even play TERA Online with it with modest settings. I think someone's computer is in need of an upgrade/replacement...

16. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

If only affording a $500+ computer was as simple as saying it is.

17. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

i don't want to live in this planet anymore but after seeing the waltzing mode it has returned my fate in this patch.

18. Default Re: Spark coming to GMS later this month?

My $450 laptop was purchased taking advantage of the transition from Windows 7 to Windows 8. This is Australia, and it's not usual for our tech to come with up to a 50% premium depending on company/product.

With Intel Haswell rolling out over the next few months, I wouldn't be surprised if some of last year's tech is available for firesale prices. Assuming that you don't want anything too fancy, you can definitely get something decent in the 300-400 ballpark.

19. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

It's really cool seeing him respond to user feedback. Now if only we could get a peek at Tespia to see what they're really thinking.

Am I the only one who wants the name+level on top of the hp/mp bar? It really weirds me out this way...

20. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: EastTimor
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 201
    Job: All of them
    Guild: Faith
    Alliance: Solace
    Farm: Travel
    canada

Wow that was obnoxious. Not everyone is made of money...especially people playing a free-to-play game.