Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

Im pretty sure that the Bam card is still broken, thats what ive been told anyway. If you are going to choose between tb and kaiser, go kaiser, though i do reccomend the mm card, for 3% critical rate for a level 100 char :X Do what some people suggest, and just use MPE, save a couple days worth of tickets, and get it to 100 in 1 straight shot with the 1.5x coupon and stuff you get from tots.

2. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

Here to punch some numbers and clear up some confusion.

We're not getting KMS's PDR system, as you all know, so if you don't have 100% IgnorePDR, then at the maximum limit of 94%PDR, the theoretical minimum boost in DPS when bossing (say... a mob with 25%PDR) is:

[1 - 0.25(1 - 1.00)] / [1 - 0.25(1 - 0.94)] = 1.015 == 1.5% boost in DPS

For reference, Hilla has 50%PDR so this boost would become 3.09%. Also, this is identical to a 3% Boss card if you have an effective amount of 100%Boss, including all other %DMG sources.

If this situation were to happen in KMS, every small %IgnorePDR counts - a bosser won't turn his back on %IgnorePDR without doing some careful calculations.

In comparision, a 3% boost in crit rate at the maximum limit, assuming no critdmg bonuses, would give you a theoretical minimum DPS boost of:
    [1 + (1)*(0.35)] / [1 + (0.97)*(0.35)] = 1.0078 i.e. a 0.78% DPS boost...

Let's throw in a standard boost: DSE and some mincritdmg... say 15% mincritdmg which is pretty standard. This gives us:
    [1 + (1)*(0.5)] / [1 + (0.97)*(0.5)] = 1.0101 i.e. a 1.01% DPS boost.

Say you're an AB, and you have ridiculous mincritdmg so your crits will always do 1.8x damage.
    [1 + (1)*(0.8)] / [1 + (0.97)*(0.8)] = 1.0135 i.e. a 1.35% DPS boost.

I'd imagine you're fairly funded, so a pirate set is pretty worth it, because the WA and stats from set bonuses don't particularly give much...

edit: is DA a resistance card? You could pop that in with Mech and DS to get a set, can't you? Something > nothing.

Hadriel

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

We're not? Source please?

All I remember Girasol saying is that we're not getting KMS's additional stats.

4. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

Oops you're right there. In which case, PDR is even more important, isn't it?

Hadriel

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: VXArtillery
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

Thanks for the numbercrunching. So pirate set it is.

As for me, I am at 292% HP at the moment, so I could condider myself somewhat funded.

So... back to:

Hayato/DrK/Aran
    TB/Mech/Xenon
    DS/DA/Kanna

Also, another issue I ran into is that I will eventually have to replace TB, as it will cap my Pirate set at A-rank. It's better than nothing, however, so it can stay for a little while. But, whenever I am motivated to go through absolute hell, I'll start my mech and a bucc.

EDIT: Just noticed that you said "if you don't have 100% PDR"

> Demon Avenger
    > Not having 100% PDR
    LOLUFUNNY.

nevermind, back to the drawing board.

6. Default Re: ... Bother making a Xenon?

Just keep the TB till the revamp arrives, you will keep it for the link skill anyway. But personally Ithink you should skip TB and use cannoneer card. TB card work exactly like warrior bonus hp, its added to final damage and not multiplied by anything, which means that having S set (the 700 hp/mp 3 w.att 3% boss) will give you more overall dmg.

7. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: VXArtillery
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

Well, that's basically why I planned on USING Cannon's card; because my cannoneer is 183 and thus gets S ranked card.

I suppose I can wait for TB revamp to use TB's card.