IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

Assuming the point of the item is to protect us from hackers, it should be fixed. A lot of an item's value can come form the potential. A vindictive hacker might change an awesome weapon potential to complete crap in a single cube...

2. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

I don't think preventing an item from being cubed with locks is really needed. The main purpose of locks is to keep an item on your account so that it can't get stolen. If you accidentally cube an item then it's your own damn fault.

3. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

But it'd probably do more harm to prevent you from cubing when an item is locked. One might be less willing to lock it until it was completely absolutely perfect in that case, which would be a huge risk if they were to get hacked since their good, but not perfect item, wouldn't be locked.

4. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

@Girasol; Do you know who does the graphics for these promos? Because you can't actually get this red hair in GMS:

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

the problem here is, if your account gets hacked:

and you had item locked your item because it had a great potential, say, a 30% mainstat dominator, if the potential can be recubed, a spiteful hacker will drop everything else, use whatever NX you have on you, and recube it.

if, on the other hand, locks prevented everything from being done to an item, and you were still in the process of scrolling your perfect potential item, a hacker that got access to your account could come in and just take it.

either way you can get screwed. something that could work, if @Girasol; doesn't mind passing the idea, is to have two different set of locks, the item locks we have right now, and a second set of locks which lock all the potentials (nebulite, pot and bonus pot)

adds a bit of a meso dump, and allows people to lock their items to their needs.

6. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

Regular locks already lock the nebulite though.

7. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

If the hacker has a shred of intelligence, he would realise that troll-cubing your gear benefits him in no way at all. If your account has NX, he'd be much better off spending it on other things that directly benefit him--whether it's converting the NX to mesos through Perm Surprise boxes or using it to cube his own gear.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

a cube's pretty cheap, and while true, i'd rather be 100% safe.god forbid whoever hacked me had a personal vendetta/disliked my guts.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Other than a few cube sales, most things aren't all that time sensitive. Locking for a month so you're forced to wait for a cube sale or merch for a bit seems like a pretty good idea to me.

@ShinkuDragon; Locking particular traits would certainly be the best of both worlds!

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

And then you get a cube sale... for 7-day or even 3-day cubes.

Locking for a week at a time would be better, but can get very tedious.

11. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

I went on a testing spree one afternoon and recorded several combinations for video proof.

So besides the cube thing not being intended, was there anything else that was also not intended?

Most interested in the fact that you can move your items inside your account through storage.
    Edit: Just to clarify, I personally like that sealed items can still be moved through storage. The freedom yet security is quite nice.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Please don't give them the idea to change that! Besides, the worst a hacker can do to you, using this feature, is play a prank by moving items to other characters on your account. The equipment is unharmed and still available for you to use (unless it was a "can be shared once" item... and maybe Nexon should really change that to normal account-shareable).

(Although, people should be aware of this. In order to fully protect your character from deletion, you must lock an untradeable item. Otherwise the hacker could put your locked items in storage and then delete the character)

13. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

Yeah, I don't want it changed! I transfer my tradeables a lot while still sealing them so it's exactly why I brought it up. Edited my post to clarify.

Best thing to lock would definitely be your medal.

14. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

I'm with those who think the locks are fine the way they are now; that is still permitting locked items to be cubed.
    In the past most of the account hacking was done for profit only, and in a rush - get in grab mesos and easily saleable items, transfer or spend nx and move on to the next victim.
    They are not going to waste time and nx ruining your untradeable stuff just for kicks.
    If you are really worried about revenge hackings then maybe you shouldn't make enemies with the most dangerous hackers in your server. Who knows, they may have ways to bypass locks anyway. And if they can't delete chars or ruin your equips, they can still just take your account away from you by changing the email or getting it perma-banned.

Extremely tedious, especially since you can only buy one lock per visit to the cash shop. I don't know if this is common, but whenever I go into the cash shop, the game stalls, sometimes for as long as a minute, and often crashes. So locking a ten or more items per character can take quite a while.

Locking equips that need scissors to move works too, since you can't scissor locked items.

15. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

Our designers sometimes use BannedStory to grab sprites. :P The hair isn't available, but I think most people aren't as observant as you are. :D The sprites are there for atmosphere, not advertising the hairstyle. But...if this is upsetting, I'll be sure we double-check it better. Thanks for the head's up!

16. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

E X C E L L E N T

17. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

The fact that having a sealed item prevents your character from being deleted is nice. I kinda always want to have at least one sealed thing now just in case.

18. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

I refuse to pay for non-permanent stuff.

19. Default Re: Cash Shop Specials: 4/24 - 4/30

Girasol do you know when Anvils are coming back