Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Try it with a Mercedes' Soul Infusion and Ancient Spirit. You should get the result that it's multiplicative even though they're both Total Damage because Tempest has this bug. Catalyze is Total Damage so it should always be multiplicative with %ATT.
    Code:
    skill/61111004/common/indieDamR	10+x

2. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Except, as I said before, Catalyze is % Damage. The variable for the skill is dam, indieDamR, actually, for Final Form as well, I believe, though I mean, I'm not sure if it's indie or just damR. The skill can literally say, whatever Nexon wants it to, like +30% Attack or, +30% Power, or +30% Cats, in the most extreme case (though, I guess you can get more extreme than that), but that doesn't make it not % damage. Which makes it additive with Boss and Total Damage, which means you can't multiply your buffed range, with Catalyze or Final Form, by Boss Damage or Total Damage to get how much you'd hit. It doesn't work with Dragon Slash, either, whose enhancements, I've heard, are also additive with % damage.

3. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

I also just double checked on KMS that Luminous' weapon multiplier should be 1.20x

4. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Just did.

1.63% increase from having my emblem, catalyze, and echo active

1+((.21+.04)*1.3)=1.325 + 1.3 = 1.625

it appears that the %ATT from catalyze applies outside of the damage calculation.

As in
    it makes your %ATT on your gear 1.3x as effective, then on top of that, increases your damage by 30%

so my 21% emblem acts as a 27.3% emblem, and then i get +30% damage, accounting for the ~58% damage increase

so for kaisers, with catalyze, it's (damage calculation)*1.3

edit: except it's apparently total damage that shows up in your range? oh jesus this is all so confusing.

5. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

It wouldn't be the first skill. Dark Meta, Soul Infusion, Ancient Spirit, and Priere d'Aria are also like that, also passives like Focused Fury and Snow Charge.
    Last edited by Grey; 2013-01-07 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Whoops, meant focused fury.

6. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

So obviously it doesn't show cleanly with the 9% on the equip (since that's not in my range)
    Spoiler

2nd = exactly 1.3 times 1st
    and then my fully buffed range

The difference is 39% vs. 41.7% total damage if they add/multiply, which is probably enough to show up on monsters if I'm careful.

58319 Dragon Slash

10% PDR minus 46% ignore PDR means 5.4% reduction in damage from PDR.
    32127 range (without Catalyze)
    25960~30392 after pdr reduction
    So that's a 192%~225% hit.
    Divide by the 70% base rate on DS and it's 274~321% multiplier. The skill itself has a 280% multiplier, throw in the 30% catalyze and 9% weapon and you get 319% - just barely in range. There's no way any of them multiply together, or the 9% bonus would have made it too large.

So yeah, Dragon Slash I, II, III are +%total, as is Catalyze and the weapon. But only Catalyze shows up in the damage range.

I have no idea what % Dragon Slash uses in Final Form so can't help there.
    Spoiler

It's another 30% added to the Catalyze bonus though (for +60% of base range) It's a little low to be doing the 300%/hit the extractions suggest.