Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

This is intended.

Boss Damage stacks additively with other Boss Damage and Total Damage.

2. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

So EVERY class has a total of 100% total/boss damage?

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Summarized %/s List

the 100% and 200% means if you have 100% or 200% boss damage, thats the multiplier you have if you reach that milestone.

4. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

Sorry, I think I forgot to finish my thought process:

There's no class that gets more than a 50% damage increase from 100% boss damage in this chart, implying that every class already has at least 100% total/boss damage from beforehand. Also, something else I noticed was that the difference between 0 to 100% boss damage, and 100% to 200% boss damage is not the same, (granted, the difference is under 100%/s for all cases) while it should be EXACTLY the same if it is indeed a linear relationship. What's the reason for that?

P.S. I hope you don't get offended by this constructive criticism, I am not trying to point out flaws, I am merely attempting to aid in creating an accurate chart and/or understand the chart.

5. Flatpanel TV
    usa

if you have boss damage on your equips, where 100+% boss damage is reachable, then you use the multiplier accordingly. In game, Boss damage does not show up on your damage range in the stats window, so the boss damage on this chart accounts for relative damage to boss damage % you have. What this chart is supposed to be used for is a % to multiply onto your damage range in game to see how much damage you do(assumes monster has 0% pdr). The 2 milestone boss % are just as scalers to see to what multiplier you should be closer to. For instance, if you had 80% boss damage, your multiplier will be closer to 100% boss(on bosses excluding PDR) than 0% boss would be.

You have to remember in a realistic situation, Bosses have a high pdr. This chart assumes that you are fighting a sandbag without and defense at all who is boss tagged essentially. Actual use of the classess arent perfectly portrayed, its only a rule of thumb on which class has more potential. This list would be generally inaccurate when PDR is put into play.

6. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

30 of the 45 entries gain more than a 50% damage increase with 100% Boss Damage. I'm not sure where you're getting your number from. It's never exactly 100% increase because every class has at least some form of total damage with Hyper Skills. Luminous is the class that gains the most from Boss Damage because their only source of Total Damage is from their Reinforce Hyper Skill, and their Level 200 Buff.

The values aren't exactly linear because there's usually instances of something random occurring or a rounding error that I haven't bothered to fix because it's so small. For example, the difference between 200%-100% Kaiser and 100%-0% Kaiser is 11413 and 11364 (less than 1%). This is a result of Regained Strength's activation chance being treated randomly. It would vary even more significantly across classes if I made Critical Hit Rate use an RNG as well. I currently don't do this, but I might in the future. It currently serves no significant value, but using an RNG for things like FA provide accurate values for additional hits, etc, rather than adding activation rate * damage cap every time an attack occurs.

7. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

A lot of classes have 20% total damage from a reinforce hyper, 20-30% total from a buff and 20-30% total from a passive.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

dark knights only gain +20% total damage too from reinforce, just stating it in the weird case you were doing something weird in the math.

this brings me a question i had never thought of though, when you state 100% boss and 200% boss, is this being added to what a character already has, or it's the threshold? example of what i mean, hero at 100% boss, would he have 120% boss (+20% from boss killer) or just 100% boss?

9. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

Ah okay, I see. That clears everything up, thank you very much!

10. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

It's an additional 100% Boss Damage. So whatever the class has +100%.

11. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

Okay, after clearing that all up, just a few requests/clarifications:

For the Assassinate Only shadower, is that including dark sight or not? Because I believe dark sight significantly increases DPS, since it adds 150% total damage (Or maybe just multiplies it by 2.5x, not sure which).

Also, I know that Meso Explosion and Boomerang Step increase a Shad's DPS compared to just edge carnival+assassinate, and meso explosion also increases max dps, so would it be possible to add in a shad which uses all 4? Note that with the hyper, pickpocket drops 1 coin per hit.

12. Flatpanel TV
    usa

on joe's initial calculations, on page 9, he concluded that ME was actually detrimental to dps, as it was then removed. as for first question. same post answers it. It's assassinate using dark sight.

13. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

I meant adding it to the Carnival+Assassinate damage, ME out-DPS's Carnival, and carnival+assassinate seems to out-dps assassinate with boss damage

14. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

Edge Carnival + Assassinate uses Meso Explosion. Assassinate Only does not.

15. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

oh okay, great, everything is perfect then! ^^ (i assume it uses boomerang step too?)

16. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

Okay so everyone I talk to seems to say that dual blades are op, and they do insane damage.

I've heard people say dual blades can do 500k per line with a 50k range.

However, this DPS table shows quite the opposite.

Any ideas on why this is?

17. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

Maybe there's something about Final Cut I don't understand, because a Dual Blade would need 270% Boss to do that on top crits.

@Mazz how much does Final Cut improve your damage?

18. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

because final cut doesn't have 100% uptime.

19. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

This might be helpful, damage range testing with and without Final Cut active.

At 54k range ~150k crits seem to be the average, with Final Cut active I was hitting 240ks on average. Seems to be damage * 1.6
    I can record/take more screenshots if you like, not sure how much information you need.

20. Default Re: Summarized %/s List

oh cool, so they're not actually as bad as the chart makes them seem they are. perhaps with some buff duration/skill cooldown skills they'd actually be pretty good... TIME TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON YAY! still wish my dexless hermit was viable again though *memories of outdamaging lvl 100 players at lvl 80 5 years ago*