Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

The least efficient board setup is having them all intersect in the same spot, which uses 13.

etc.
    So you're choosing between 12 or 13... nbd.

2. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

I'm pretty sure the least efficient board setup is not having them intersect at all, using 15 pieces.

3. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

You used to be able to trade in 2 of the same food for a random piece of food with Cassandra but I can't seem to find that option anymore. Anyone wanna confirm it was removed or am I just not seeing it?

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

I never saw this option...

5. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

I can guarantee it existed. It was after you pressed "talk to Cassandra" which I'm guessing isn't used by most people. Right not all that's there is "tell me about current events". But it did exist before.

6. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

I can confirm this. I actually traded two of the same items to gain a new item a few times. I could not find it today either :(

7. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

You can't have 5 in a row, 5 in a column, and 5 in a diagonal without them overlapping in 3 spots - where the row & diagonal meet, where the row & column meet, and where the column & diagonal meet. If you make the 3 overlaps in different places, it's 3 pieces for 6 parts of the solution (and thus cuts 15 to 12) - if you make the 3 overlaps in the same place, it's 1 piece for 3 parts of the solution (and thus cuts 15 to 13).

Just by putting 5 into a row, you've completed 1 of any possible column and either diagonal.

There's no column on this board that doesn't overlap, you need 4 pieces to complete any column.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

Is there a rule that says you can't have 3 horizontal rows?

9. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

I meant they'd be parallel so they wouldn't intersect at all. That'd be 15 pieces.

10. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

Oh, can you complete it that way? The quest worded it so I thought it was always 1 of each to get the rewards, and since I'm training at LHC I don't really complete the quests much anymore.

11. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure, I've always made sure to use as few pieces as possible, but, I think I've completed one with 2 columns and a diagonal.

12. Default Re: Scrolling homecoming equips

You don't need one of each angle to complete it. Maximum efficiency as described upthread isn't always doable, depending on piece availability; sometimes, with what you have, it's faster to include a pair of parallels.