Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: GM owns a player

Well even with billingpp, it's the same justification "using a third party program / violating the ToS". If BillingPP is so lenient, why have a stringent procedure to permaban when you can just billingpp players you don't like and it basically achieves the same thing with less work involved?

2. Default Re: GM owns a player

Not really sure but they gave me the benefit of the doubt and ''gave me another chance''
    I'm pretty sure not many people would get away with this though so I consider myself very lucky.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: GM owns a player

Oh, I always thought it had something to do with charged nx going awry or something.

4. Default Re: GM owns a player

@RoboSkill; Snowy did what nearly everyone involved in the Free Market was guilty of but was most likely singled out because of his prominence in the market and his huge NX bank (tens of thousands of dollars worth that he now can't cash out and will eventually expire). I wonder what "video evidence" they can bag Snowy on... assuming they require it for BillingPP.

-

I have a feeling Nexon resorts to using BillingPP when they want to ban someone but actually can't prove it... so they provide little to no information that covers their asses in the likely case that they were wrong (according the the mass threads of people getting BillingPP'd and the some who eventually get it lifted). Idk why they would lift my ban if they really wanted to ban me in the first place <.<

@Death; Yeah, they gave me that "YOU WERE BANNED BECAUSE YOU PARTICIPATED IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES buuuut we'll give you another chance" message.

At that point, I'd take what I can get...

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

As far as I know, billingpp is always about NX and/or real-world money. Charge-back, a credit-card payment not going through, selling/buying NX, selling in-game items for $$, etc. Friend of a friend got banned because she used her Paypal account to charge NX to several Nexon accounts. Those sorts of things. Hacking, by itself, doesn't get you billinpp'ed. As far as I know.

6. Default Re: GM owns a player

Doesn't justify that his ban wasn't legitimate.

7. Default Re: GM owns a player

Exploit related bans like participating in meso exploits and having duped items usually result in this ban too.

8. Default Re: GM owns a player

What's a good, low-requirement program for recording this stuff, by the way? Would GMs ban botters/hackers faster if presented with video evidence right off the bat?

9. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

One of my accounts got billingpp'd but had never charged NX and it only had a low leveled Mage with little to no mesos.

10. Electron Female
    IGN: BubuOinkx
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    Guild: Radical + TheFinest
    vietnam

Billingpp isnt always about NX, they ban me and they have no idea why, they just make reason up, here one of their reason to ban my BubuCera:

Another email, they said they caught my char was hacking, but I deleted that one.

11. Default Re: GM owns a player

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFD...?feature=watch

Check out the youtube channel. He joined just to post the video

12. Default Re: GM owns a player

The only issue here, which other's mentioned slightly, is that without an IP log you cannot confirm without a doubt that he was not hacked and the GMs didn't ban a victim.

Regardless, it's nice to see them do their job for once.

13. Default Re: GM owns a player

I was pretty pleased reading / watching this. Then a party pooper had to come out and call this a stunt.

Thank you for killing my fun.

14. Default Re: GM owns a player

I've used Fraps to capture the illegal activities of others before. It works quite well. It even automatically labels the videos with the date by default, so if someone complains of a ban on X date, you can look through videos from that day until you find it. =P

I gotta say, it would suck if someone else got the account through the MTS leak and was trying to farm mesos to sell using an already high level account. Wouldn't trust the user and unban them though, regardless of IP addresses.

15. Electron
    IGN: ArthurSam
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: RoundTable
    Alliance: BewbLand
    brazil

Well, on Nexon forums they often say A/B doesn't perm and if you were perm'd a GM has banned you himself.

16. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Well that was a good laugh.

I wonder if that's the only GM that takes footage of all his bannings. It would be wise to make habit of that.

They should do it more often to dispel rumors of being a plant, and show their consistency, and help show the player base that people like this are slowing down their tickets.

Edit: reading the thread and rebuttal; why would a hacker be malicious enough to go beyond the main draw of hacking for profit, and go out of the way to ensure the person got banned when a mere deletion would have done the trick? (Character Deletion uses PIC now correct?)

Furthermore, there's the odds of successfully getting someone banned; how would a hacker even know how long he'd have to do that before he gets a GM's attention? That could have taken 1 hour or even 20 before a GM caught on. Why go through that much effort even in the name of revenge?

If there's any logical explanations for these, fill me in, i'm curious.

17. Default Re: GM owns a player

>player says account was compromised
    >player says account-stealer hacked on her account
    >GM records player hacking
    >player: but it's the account thief, hacking on my account
    >GM: But your account wasn't compromised. Because we say it wasn't.

How does this video prove that it wasn't someone else hacking on the player's account?
    How does the GM know that the account wasn't compromised to begin with?
    Why would a player get that far within the game, only to hack in such a ridiculous place?
    Why would a player who hacked that much, submit five tickets upon receiving a ban?

I'm not saying that a GM doesn't have ways of detecting authentic account-theft, because they clearly do -- but everything about this seems off. Eh. Maybe the player was just really stupid.

@above, regarding: "why would a hacker be malicious enough to go beyond the main draw of hacking for profit, and go out of the way to ensure the person got banned when a mere deletion would have done the trick?"
    Malice doesn't have to be the hacker's only motive. For all we know, he could have been trying some new tool, rumored to cause an autoban upon being used, or something. Better to test it on some random dude's account before trying it on his own. Although it isn't hard to make a new account, making a new email address to go along with it is a pain in the ass.

Regarding the sheer improbability of it ... I really don't see the ban as unlikely. Henesys Ruins has been an infamous hacking spot for months. It was stupid of the hacker to go there in the first place, and fitting that he would get caught so soon. I don't think malice was his intent, nor do I think he wanted the player banned. My guess is that the account thief broke into the account, stole everything, and thought he'd end it all by testing some new tool he'd just downloaded. Unfortunately, he tested it in one of the most popular cheating spots in the game (but why should he use discretion? It's not his account!), and -- big surprise -- he was banned by a GM who just happened to be online at the time.

Of course, this is all moot if the account was never compromised in the first place, as the GM said. But that begs the question of how, exactly, the GM knows that the account was never stolen. It bothers me that fewer people on nexon's forums asked about that, and that the GM didn't go into any detail on the subject. IP logging, perhaps?

18. Default Re: GM owns a player

GMs almost assuredly use IP logging as a tool to catch hackers and abusers. Otherwise, everyone would just get "hacked", trade all their equips to a mule account, then submit a ticket decrying "oh noes, I got hekked!!!help me nexon and give me free stuff"

19. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well either way, the character was found hacking so nonetheless, hacking is hacking.

20. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Nexon has a lot of problems still. I don't see how people continue to peach about it, even though they are improving.

They can't fix everything at once...just give it some time.

+1 Nexon on this.