Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Yeah... Premium being black only makes me sad. I really want a white one. It looks a lot sleeker/cleaner to me.

2. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Well I can’t imagine the digital prices being competitive looking at what they have done with the eShop so far. So I would probably be buying retail anyway. But the non proprietary storage support is good none the less.

3. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

The western direct conference is about to start. Nintendo.com/wiiu

4. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

5. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

November 18th here. Two weeks before Japan? Weird.

Basic: $299.99
    Deluxe: $349.99

Deluxe comes with Nintendo Land and an incentive program where when you buy games from the Nintendo eStore you are gifted back some sort of currency which you can save up to buy more games later. Sounds sort of like Club Nintendo.

6. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Nintendo land included with wiiu premium in UK,

7. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

What the pineapple. They just called Tanooki-tail Mario "Flying Squirrel Mario", I think it's because of PETA. Jesus.

8. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

What the hell is anyone going to do with an 8GB SSD? Even 32 is pretty tiny.

9. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

*sigh*

I guess I'll go with the Deluxe set. I really want white, but the Deluxe set is a much better deal. $410 before taxes for it + Batman vs. $420 before taxes for the white + Nintendo Land and Batman (assuming Wii U game prices are $60).

10. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Doubt they will be. Nintendo never sells for more than $50 and I feel like it would be a huge advantage for them to undercut competitors by $10, especially when they're already recycling old games like Batman. But launching new multi-plat games at a $10 lower price point would be an incredible win for them.

11. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Nintendo is trying to repeat their success they had with the Wii and I can't wait for them to fall flat on their face.

12. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Oh. Wii games are $50? For some reason, I was thinking $60. Heh... Now I remember that you're right. I do now remember Skyward Sword being $50 by itself.

13. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

MH3 Ultimate for Wii U and 3DS in March! (assume this is MH3G?)

14. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Thats because it's not Racoon/Tanooki Mario. It IS a squirrel suit. It was announced ages ago. He has the wings of a flying squirrel under his arms. IT also allows him an extra small jump in mid air.

The EU presentations done with anyway. Bayonetta 2 , Wii U exclusive!

also

Called it.

Now the lucky UKers get to be plantained around again by retailers charging what they like. Hooray! Amazon looks like it wants £200 for the Basic pack.

Not sure which parts were confirmed for NA, but you the EU presnetation confirmed you can share data between the 3DS and Wii U versions. The 2 versions can also play together.

15. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I THINK it's going to either be MH3G for the Wii U, much like MHP3rdHD, or it might even have more monsters, but somehow I doubt it since they're working so much on MH4. It's probably just MH3G for Wii U with connectivity between the two (which is reason enough to be interested, though).

16. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

CoD: Black Ops 2 looks so amazing on WiiU. You can play it on the gamepad too. *_* Too bad WiiU's release date is a month after the release of bo2 on 360 and ps3.

17. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Nintendo Land, Batman : Arkham City Armored Edition, Monster Hunter Ultimate, and Dark Siders 2 would probably be the games I'd get when/if I get a Wii U. I'm not sure how I feel about Ninja Gaiden or that The Wonderful 101 game.

18. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

If I got one, of the titles announced right now, I'd be likely to get Assassins creed 3 (only if I don't get the PC version first), Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo land (because I'd get the premium bundle), P100 (Wonderful 101) and Bayonetta 2 whenever that comes out.

19. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I'd end up getting the Deluxe for the shiny black and slightly expanded storage. I'd probably get Arkham, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, and Bayonetta 2. Saving AC3 for my 360 though. Pretty strong lineup of games in the beginning. Looking to be a decent flagship console. I can only hope the next gen Microsoft and Sony don't blow it out of the water too easily. Still undecided at if I want to fork over the money at launch though... more budgeting than anything.

Edit: Oh, and the new Monster Hunter. I haven't ever played any of them but I've heard amazing things and I might as well try now.

20. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I'll see how much money I have then, and that will decide if i get one. If i do get one it'll be the Deluxe because Nintendo land is probably $50 anyways and why not get more storage/some bonus pomegranate from the shop for essentially free.