I remember there used to be a ton of threads about Bucc playstyle and cool ideas or suggestions about what could make Buccs a better job. Now that thrill is kinda dead, but after a few tweaks, we finally got a real Buccaneer revamp. What do you guys think about it now?
I'll start listing a few points of relevance:
1) I'd say Buccs are doing pretty good in terms of power now, but skill variety has gone way down. I feel they gave Buccs a little too many buffs and a little too many actual skills.
2) Transformation gone is fine, you can now see your character and yadda-yadda. I just find the male spirit sprite really ugly. Wish they kept female spirit for female characters. Both for all the skills and the mount.
3) The tornado thingy you get in second job is ugly and annoying as hell. Glad I'm well past these levels so I won't have to see that skill in my keyboard. But really, Somersault Kick is better than that. It just doesn't fit in. Seems like a skill made for Thunder Breakers.
4) The distance covered by Corkscrew Blow and the new rush you link together is pitiful. Specially playing a Mutiny-update Dual Blade, our rushing skill (Tornado Spin) now has a nice animation, does good damage, and covers more distance than a Bucc linking both of his rushes. For a class that has no flashjump-y skills, I was expecting a much better rushing.
5) Speaking of movement skills, I've found the first job rush exploitable in certain irregular ledges, you can make a small jump which will proper you forward like a small soul jump. A running movement skill has potential (specially now that Tornado Spin from Dual Blades doesn't have a running animation anymore), I wish they would improve the speed, or do something better with it. It's -almost- good.
6) The potential awesomeness of the 4th job lazor is totally ruined by the fact that you don't fire the blast with your own hands. A spirit does. WTP Nexon, lrn2marketing, your customers want to fire a Kamehameha, not invoke a summon that fires one for you.
7) Energy Mode feels more dynamic now, I'll give them that. But the aura is tacky and Energy Blast is a dull skill. They should have totally moved Energy Orb to 3rd job (and give it a nice revamp) and removed Energy Blast, which is just as tacky as the gay tornado.
8) Why the hell are Buccs the only pirates without a vertical movement skill? They had the perfect chance to give them a skill like Kaiser/AB, where the bucc would throw a rope upwards with an anchor in the end, and pull himself up. I wanna see that dynamic on buccs.
I'd say it was a good attempt, hope they keep improving this job in the future. I think I've made a few not too farfetched suggestions, and I'm hopeful, I mean, Nexon did listen to the community wanting a lazor... they they gave a lazor to Mechanics... Cannoneers... everyone and their grandma... and then to Buccs! So let's see what happens with this job in the future of KMS
Also, why no Bucc prefix in Southperry?