1. Default Are any of the Mages useful yet?

Because I heard Summoners and Battle Witches still sucked ass.

I'd like to come back and play a Mage one of these days.

2. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

Where ever you got that info is wrong. Summoners are awesome at soloing. good in parties.

As for BM they take skill and some gear but arent terrible.

Elemantalist are also good.

Witches are getting buffed hard on the 1st of august and are also a decent class.

Can't go wrong rolling a mage.

3. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

Mages have always been useful, just like every other class. Each class has their own role, but it's just that some classes require more gear/skill to use than others. Any class can be played to it's fullest extent, you just need to be dedicated to do so.

4. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

I was thinking of Elementalist or BM. Not too sure which are more fun anymore. I did a Summoner in Arad Senki. But christ I don't want to do all that pomegranate again.

5. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

From what I've seen/read:

Elementalists are strong as hell, but need a highly reinforced weapon to do assloads of damage.

Battle Mages are hard to control, but the return can be pretty high if you learn how to use them correctly. Force Meteor Dash don't hurt much neither.

Summoners are E-Z modo, seems like you know about them already.

Witches...I know nothing about. Seems like a heavily probability based class.

6. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

Contract Summoner Lv. 70. Never again. Too much money and effort on my part. I will never get back those +10's I got.

7. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

I've been playing a male mage (elemental bomber) and I have been overpowering everything. Can't really speak for the original mages though.

8. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

I'd rather just play a class I know. Don't want to touch the newer ones, unless the Male classes are the same minus gender.

9. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Male Mages are completely separate from their female counterparts, by which I mean there are only two and neither match the females (Elemental Bomber + Glacial Master). I mean, I guess you can compare Elemental Bombers to Elementalists but that's it.

As for female mages, I main a Battle Mage and they're great but they really do require some skill to control right. They're quite the powerhouses when played right.

Witches are really fun as well; powerful and interesting skills. They're a probability class, as said before, meaning that their skills can either work very well or backfire (the backfiring isn't crippling, don't worry). Doesn't stop them from being fun to play with, though.

I know nothing about elementalists, as I've never played one.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Saw enough videos to tell you Elementalist is a powerhouse. If you don't mind picking a Male Mage, Elemental Bomber is far more easier/safer to play but almost as powerful.

Ele = Glass bazooka
    Bomber = Glass gatling gun

11. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

Guess i'm downloading DnF again. Still on the wall. I thought about remaking my Summoner, but then again Elementalist and Witches sound cool. I'll figure it out when I get there.

12. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

Summoners suck ass? Where the hell did you hear that? Summoners may be a pain in OV, but for both solo and partying they are great at end game. Yes, in the start of the game they are very tedious because of mana consumption but what magic using class isn't at some point? Summoners are great for farming and carrying, maybe not the most action packed class but one of my favorites.

13. Default Re: Are any of the Mages useful yet?

Tay, get on Skype for a moment. But no, I played Summoners in Arad next to my Slayer. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they're op.