Page 34 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

I don't even consider Hyper Skills to be as game-changing as lowering the job advancements. I mean, oh boy, we get new skills. Not like we haven't gotten enough of those through out virtually every other revamp.

Tempest was a huge lie and a dissapointment, i got to admit. Comparing this to the Big Bang is akin to comparing a Dual Blader to a Buccaneer.

Plus, why is Magnus getting so much hype instead of the Black Mage, the main big bad. We got all 5 heroes, we've seen him in the game, let's take him down already and move on to Nova and Darmoa. Magnus does seem like he's following his own agenda and never actually interacts with the Black Mage, nor his fellow commanders, other than literally stabbing one of them in the back and steal their power.

2. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

you tho tempest is over? you dam wrong.... atm you only at the stage 2 tempest update
    stage 2 finish when hero and nova class finish their hyper skill
    each stage has 3 part

i remember max said there are 3 trailer and tempest end somewhere at late sep
    stage 1 was luminous / decrease on all job req level to level 100 at 4job / Pantheon, has been added
    Spoiler
    stage 2 was kaiser / anglie burster/ and nova/hero hyper skill
    Spoiler
    stage 3 is currently unknown atm

but there one more stage which is stage 3 no one know what is stage 3.....

but dont get your hope up there one more big update on tempest b4 it finally over we will know soon

so far it pretty big...

and tell me what big bang update is really that big? it only just mass change on the map and monster that all and you think that was big?

3. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

I have no clue what you said, but this was the entire Tempest Schedule:

Part 1- Lowering of Job advancements and removal of secondary stats
    Part 2- Luminous
    Part 3-Kaiser
    Part 4-Angelic Burster
    Part 5- Magnus Boss and Helisium Expansion
    Part 6- Hyper Skills

The three jobs does not count as one single update because they weren't released at the same date. Pantheon was only released in part 3 of Kaiser.

4. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

Big bang isnt bigger than Tempest in updates... but it did change the game entirely. What has this really given us but new classes / new skills? Besides the fact that they lowered the level requirement for job adv's. They couldve added the long awaited / wanted 5th job instead of making hyper skills... It seems like this game has lost all hope and went straight to "OMG MOAR DAMAGE". Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea they went with some of the hyper skills..but bleh this update in comparison to Big Bang is nothing...Unless they plan to add something game changing this is just another update. Also I still rather have the two Japanese exclusive classes + Luminous instead of Kaiser / Angelic Burster imo.

Edit : Also what the hell...where is all the high level'd content at? So far I havent seen anything except for Magnus..Where's the effin Black Mage at ? and the other high level'd content we were promised?

and @ below 3 jobs isnt big...The Legend's update was NOT big either. We are comparing Big Bang to Tempest since that's what KMS was comparing it too.

5. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

if you say those 3 job is not big .... what about the legend update all we got was 3 job and that pretty much it?

6. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

From what's been shown, my guess is that Magnus tried to take over Nova/Pantheon/whatever in the past, but was stopped by the former Kaiser (Yeah, it's a title that gets passed on.) who cut off Magnus' horn in the battle. So after that suicide explosion, Magnus gets sent flying off to the Maple World, where the Black Mage probably found him and offered to save him in exchange for servitude. Then Magnus became a general, helped the Black Mage conquer the Maple World, then backstabbed Guwara and fled back to Nova/Pantheon when the heroes showed up, and..... hundreds of years later he finally takes over, only to get owned by Angelic Burster?

But yeah. The main thing they were advertising when they first announced Tempest was that it would be the conclusion to the Black Mage storyline. But we've heard nothing from the Black Mage since Luminous' quest chain. Instead, they introduced a new world with new classes with new problems.

.....Meanwhile, the Resistance storyline, which directly involves Orchid and Lotus, the remaining generals, is left unresolved.

Why not wrap that storyline up, and perhaps give the Resistance a Thief to complete the group instead of making ANOTHER group? Why pull out a new storyline out of nowhere? It doesn't make any sense.

7. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

Not yet...

8. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

He never claimed that the release of the three new jobs weren't big. He's just correcting you..
    Additionally, NexonKR stated Tempest was supposed to be bigger than Big Bang/make Big Bang look like a joke/etc, which it isn't. All we got was 3 jobs, a boss, a few new skills, and a new area. Big woop.

Big Bang:
    We got 3 new jobs, a new area, completely revamped Victoria Island and it's quest, EXP Curve, higher resolution, reworked UI.

Legends:
    We got 3 new jobs, a boss, and a small new area (past leafre)

Looking at that, Tempest wasn't much.
    But anywho, the citadel isn't released yet and this Magnus patch is tomorrow in KMS, lol. Also, the Mystic Zakum, Horntail, and Hilla were recently added into the data. Maybe there's still some hope for SOMETHING. Probably not big, but at least something.
    Last edited by kremechoko; 2012-08-15 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Typo

9. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

I really thought Tempest would include 5th job, but I guess Hyper Skills are okay too.
    However, I do agree that Tempest wasn't that great as the Nexon people exaggerated to be. There needs to be something that makes gameplay more fun or something.

10. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

At this point the only generals I would like to see as bosses are Orchid and Lotus, they introduced them way too long ago and they are probably the only Black Mage's generals that are not bosses yet.

11. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

Orca was a storyline boss in Mercedes.

12. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

Not powerful enough to be an actual boss.

Anyway, ever heard of this saying? "Leave the best for last" They better make em better if they're releasing them.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

ITT: People buying into marketing hype, and disappointed when reality fails to deliver.

14. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

GUHHH I CAN SEE ITS NIPPLE OMFG I HATE YOU.

15. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

They didn't. This has been bothering me for a long time. They did not compare it to Big Bang. The quote was:

Big Bag was just the beginning.

That's not a comparison. It's just a tie-in to a story line.

EDIT - Link to the original Inkwell diary post here on SP.net - http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=57154

16. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

Why mentioning it when talking about Tempest then? Logically they could say Big Bang was the begining and every patch after that a continuation to it, so why pointing this out when talking about Tempest?. I tell you what, they were indirectly implying that Tempest would be as big of a change as BigBang which its not.

17. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

I assume because both "Big Bang" and "Tempest" are... weather–themed? Not sure.

18. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

Hyperskills are pretty much 5th job for Arans, considering the upgrades they get.

19. Default Re: News : KMS [Tempest!] Update: Inkwell Diary # 25 Magnus's Surprise Attack (by Max

Touché. But they did say they wanted to surpass their current concurrent users. If they were aiming for that, why would they release the same concept that they been doing for the past 2 summer updates? :/

20. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Exactly this.