Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1049
  1. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

You accidentally doubled =P I've been having issues posting too.

Primarily the issue is with Disintegrate - I always find myself draining Arcane faster if I use a slow weapon e.g. Polearm versus a wand, and I just tested it using an IAS-ed bow (1.47 aps, drains arcane noticably) and a 2H mace (0.90 aps, arcane moves very slowly). So this was my main concern for you if you used Sleet storm since it's also a channel-type spell. Of course whether it really does affect your build depends on your character. IAS is really good for resource-generator characters, but I'd really just not have that if none of my spells generate Arcane for me.

The only other thing that I could think of would be Blizzard for the snaring, but lacks the defence... Now that you say it the 1st 3 runes of Slow Time are all equally viable for the extra offensive aid, and I would seriously consider Time Shell for myself too after the patch. Drop Galvanising for Cold Blooded too? Lots of ideas for your build.

Hadriel

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

PTR notes have been updated!

Also more nerfs and whatnot.

3. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Oh yay, let's reduce more proc coefficients for Wizards!

And on a side note, I've recently lost interest in mindlessly repeating the same small part of Act 3 over and over. Guess I'll wait to see what 1.0.5 brings of new.

4. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Welp! There goes the viability of Critical Mass builds.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Quick everyone. Find the next FoTM build for all the classes! *flailing arms*

6. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

As if Ice Armor - Crystallize, or Covering Fire - Hardened for that matter were too good. Pretty pomegranatety deal for all CM Wizards.

I want them to buff Ice Armor - Frozen Storm to something like 5 to 10 second duration and/or with a damage buff and maybe give it a small proc rate like 0.05 since you can activate it while using Sleet Storm. Would be really sweet, but god forbid a skill be viable outside of facerolling pre-inferno bot areas. Right now, all it can be used for is botting.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...iXY!fWg!YZYYaY

I've been running my Snow Storm build in A2, and it works fine except I'm too used to being able to tank through everything with Diamond Skin. I've been using Prism for its AP reduction, but I don't actually think it's necessary, at least with the current proc rate. The build should focus on high resist, moderate armor, and Life Regen. Life on Hit I feel wouldn't work well since only Sleet Storm activates it and it has such unreliable range and high DPS. Blizzard only provides 2%, which is nothing. Maybe if they buff Hydra to proc LoH it could be useful. For ranged monsters that kite me or things I can't tank (for long), I snare with Blizzard and have a Hydra to kill them, and I use Sleet Storm and tank and then kite until my HP regens. I'd like to be able to top 2k without Galvanizing, but that feels unrealistic without a pomegranateton (will to spend) more money. I think Sleet Storm deserves a bit of a range buff though. Black Ice might be a decent alternative too.
    I might need some more max AP to be able to comfortably use this build though, as it doesn't appear to be too efficient in Act 2. Everything dies to Sleet Storm, so I rarely have to use Blizzard and Hydra (not to mention I don't have enough AP to use all three). It's really only there as flavour or pre-engagement on large groups. I honestly don't think Snowbound is worthwhile as a rune, especially post-patch. I just need a bit more AP to be able to start everything, upkeep is fine as it is. I need a Stone of Jordan (or two) and after 1.05, a good helm to round this build out. SoJ with Ray of Frost are difficult to find. I think other people are buying all the good ones. Maybe a Source with Blizzard Duration as well since that's neat, but a better source in general. Also, what the pineapple Blizzard, you have an item that can reproduce the effect of a rune? Really?

I wish Frozen Orb existed... I miss my MeleeOrb...

Also, my Demon Hunter has 299% Gold Find, and I'm going to start scaling some towards more Magic Find and Pickup Radius I guess. I bought a Gold Skin to see how often it procs, and it's like less than 10%, unaffected by Gold Find and difficulty, and has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds or something.

7. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Currently hit a wall at A3. Too slow at killing, cause I just don't have enough DPS. Too poor - my entire eq setup is achieved in 100-200k iirc. Just to survive, I've dropped Glass Cannon for... well... currently using Power Hungry but maybe I'll swap over to Galvanising instead, again.

I used to use Prism, but it doesn't help when something hits me and it drops off... Disintegrate is still cool in A2 (managed to kill Belial afterall on top of Arcane Hydra) but I might just use Archon for A3 if I still want to use a Disintegrate-type skill... looks like it's time for me to move on top something like Arcane Orb... sadly.

Needs damage...

Hadriel

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

1.0.5 PTR notes updated

Buffs and fixes from the looks of it.

9. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Disintegrate buff - oh yeah baby. 10% increase in damage overall.

I am pretty amazed at the buff to Sentry. Gonna make kiting more interesting.

Hadriel

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

11. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

I guess it's good that they're fixing things but I kind of wish they'd hurry it up at the same time. It's really discouraging to play something when you know that you're playing for a diminished reward because there's something better coming along that's just not implemented yet. Hell, I'm kind of already doing that with Maplestory and Kaiser.

12. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

I found out the other day you can only wear one Stone of Jordan at a time. I wasn't impressed. I set up my Monk to be able to use Tempest Rush infinitely, and I ran Act 2 Normal a few times. Planning to give it a shot at MP10 to get a Leoric's Signet, and otherwise just to plantain around. Wish it had a bit more attack range though. And a rune to make you not knock things back. Or a rune specifically to make you knock things back. Then it might be viable for something other than running around stupidly fast.

They said they were planning to improve more of the Monk's spenders after this patch, and their idea of it was to give Lashing Tail Kick a rune that gives KB, and remove KB from the other ones. Pretty uninspired like a lot of the runes. Coupled with the fact that unless you're an LpSS Monk with Spirit Regen, you don't have enough spirit to actually spend beyond the Mantra, it's evident that it won't matter.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

MONSTER! The fact it's a squishy wizard is even more impressive.

15. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

It's gonna be a real shame when he dies and loses all 100 paragon levels. Unless of course he's just going to abandon his character or play so far below his equipment that he stands virtually no danger of dying.

16. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Looks like 1.0.5 is going live on tuesday. I'm pretty hyped to try out MP and stuff.

EDIT (because I can mostly): Patch confirmed for tomorow, can't wait :D
    Last edited by KarStealer; 2012-10-15 at 07:38 PM.

17. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Played around with some friends looking for the 3 keys today.

For Act 1 my barb can probably solo all the way up to MP 6 or 7, at MP 10 the damage was starting to edge over my regeneration and even white mobs took too long to kill.
    Act 3 at MP 4 was mildly challenging, I can probably still do it at MP 5.

I've got the 3 keys already, the Act 1 & 2 bosses that drop them are not specially hard, with the one on Act 2 being specially easy.
    The boss for Act 3, man that was a huge challenge. I can complete Act 3 on MP 4 just fine with no deaths, but this boss killed me 3 times before I could down it on the same difficulty level.
    I'll leave the surprise for everyone to find out by themselves just how terrible this last one can be.

18. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

I went with two friends on some runs. Got all my keys on the first try, but didn't get the plan. I found Act IV's warden to be easy the one time we tried it (MP3), and we fought it with another elite pack at the same time. Act II's was difficult in that it had a really machinegun mortar, and we had a Demon Hunter so its Missile Dampening affected him a lot. But it was also on MP4 for that one. I was running my Snowstorm build, and things were okay, but I definitely do not have enough DPS to be efficient. The snares were helpful for the DH to kite, but weren't absolutely necessary. I'm enjoying the new Meteor drop time running Comet. It's definitely more useful than Blizzard at the moment, but honestly, I prefer the stylistic sense of Blizzard despite its poor damage. It's a pretty fun build, but I felt my Life Regen was too low despite almost being 2k. My defenses definitely need improvement as well. Might run Prismatic instead now.

I'm at a deadend though for upgrades that I want for this build though since everything is now too expensive. I need a helm with Int, Vit, APoC, Crit, and RoF Crit. Just gotta wait a few weeks for them to start dropping ilvl63 mods on Wizard helms... The only acceptable upgrade for my Chest feels to be a Zunimassa's, and then I'd pair with the boots to get the set bonus. Shoulders would be a Vile Ward with decent Life Regen. Amulet would be one of those new sexy ilvl63 rolls with Int/Vit/CR/Life Regen and if affordable, CD, but obviously not in my budget. I see absolutely no good black weapons though. It's depressing, and I may have to settle with something just high DPS and a non-Triumvirate source. I'm contemplating switching the SoJ that I tried so hard to get for a new 6% CR, but they're expensive as well. At the same time, the old high tier rings are being priced as junk now, so I can cash in on one of those.

19. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Oh look, I still get disconnected because Blizzard doesn't like my router's brand and I still lose my stacks from it. Bleh, so much for having motivation to play this game again...

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

That must be some long ass disconnection time...