Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [GMS] [GMST] [0.99] Chaos

1. Default

There's no real problem is there? You're not forced to stay, so just leave and join a new room.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

considering any damage you make is a point, doesn't really matter much, unless getting first places gives more extra points

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

As far as I remember, it doesn't. It might determine EXP though, but I don't have a good idea of how EXP is even awarded in there in the first place. All I know is that I usually get about 2-3 mil EXP per full round with a Level 200 character.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, rankings might determine the amount of ambition points you get from a particular round as well. I noticed that you get a very small amount of ambition points from PvP rounds, but it's almost insignificant (it took me about three full rounds to have Ambition get to Level 2). I can't test any of this out anymore though, due to being channel crash locked.

4. Default

Thats the thing with PvP. You can't organize your own parties or battles for it. It's 8 people maxed for Free-For-All, 12(6vs6) for team if I remember right, and I forget the max on the Ice Knight.

But yeah, you get thrown into a room that hasn't reached the maxed limit of players regardless of how much time is left. I've had instances where I joined a room that had only 10 seconds left. Joining team battles is also pretty wierd... Being able to join in the middle battle and randomly assigned to either the red or blue team. Teams are sometimes unfair and uneven. I had fun in the lava map with my MM though. Get people near the edge, then super KB them into the lava, and constantly keep them there.

I think the EXP given is also dependent on score; hitting, KOing, and under other certain conditions raise it. Those cool, critical, great, excellent, etc messages that pop up in place of actual damage when you hit them might have something to do with it. I've managed to get a score about 2200+ and got around 4-5m exp and about 200 ish battle points from that. Not like the exp will do any good for a Lv200.

5. Default

What does it mean when some skills have the add-on pvp=0 to them??!

Nexon re-balanced all skills stats for PvP, including the ones that have pvp=0 to them, I don't assume these skills are disabled in PvP then? o.0

Anyone?

6. Default

I don't think they'd simply remove your skills just for PvP. The skills with pvp=0 are disabled, it just says 'limited use' under the skill when you're in the PvP area. Skills like puppet and mortal blow have no use in there.

7. Default

Then why do (Mechanic, for example):
    Giant Robot SG-88 => pvp = 0
    Rock 'n Shock => pvp = 0
    Open Portal: GX-9 => pvp = 0

- Why disable only 1 class ultimate? All other AoE skills are not disabled?
    - Why disable an AoE DoT skill like Rock 'n Shock? Afaik, Poison Mist and Poison Bomb are not disabled either?
    - Why disable Open Portal GX-9? Afaik, Movement skills like: Haste, Flash Jump, Recoil Shot and Teleport weren't disabled in PvP?

Or does pvp = 0 mean something else? o.0

8. Default

Not exactly sure why, but those skills are. I'll try testing them out later, but I think it just means the skills have very little to no effect at all in PvP. I've seen a few F/Ps, but they never used mist anywhere. I haven't seen any Night Walkers yet either. I think some skills could be deemed pretty abusive? Though, I think there are some of that already. A lot of the skills have cooldowns or some delay that can't be spammed.

9. Default

Well ok, rock and shock isn't really that important, but can you test (I assume you have access to tespia?) if you can use:

- The 2nd job mech portal skill (GX-9)
    - The 4th job mech ultimate skill (SG-88)?

Or anyone who has access to tespia and who reads this post...

Tnx in advance! :)

10. Default

that doesn't work, I tried with a claw before, from a green scrab(equiped giving enough dex to caster)>caster(which has enough dex for itself), both has the dex to support itself, but it still gives the message that you can't equip it, But with this I think I misinterpreted your explanation, do you mean you equip the item and then take off the necessary dex equips that's supporting it allow the item itself to support itself, or do you mean having another lvl 140 equip relying on another to support it? I am just sure that you can't just replace a weapon and equip it automatically, ex: lvl 120 weapon with 10 dex added to 160 base, and you just click on the lvl 140 equip with 25 dex or w/e.

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i really need to test this, been hearing both parts of the story myself, and a friend of mine uses visitor gloves to manage to equip everything he has. i need to take this into tespia and see.

12. Default

I do hear that it works for armors, but it does not work for weapons, although if that's true it fits my description perfectly, you can test this in the official server, since it would be easier? not like this part changed in chaos

13. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i have a problem though, i am a dexless warrior, and there's barely any item that requires dex ~_~

buuuuut, it has to work, i mean, i can equip my arcglaive, and i am dexless, solely by the dex of my equips. everyone does this o.O

14. Default

I meant using armor to support itself, like you did, I'm saying while you can do 165 dex+5 dex to equip a armor you cannot do the same with a weapon

15. Default

a request by leanne, here you go shinku
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/31221138.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/94616497.png/

I forgot to take a ss of wearing amudusias hat with it, but anyways once you take the hat off the equip can't support itself either

however this works
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/96850194.png/

what happened here is that both equips needed 100 dex, however with 2 of them they are able to support each other

AKA you will need 185 dex to equip that polearm instead, as for the shoes(lowest dex boost) can't support itself

16. Default

Not to detract from the purpose of this thread, but.... something's bothering me.

The names of the new armors have these labeled on them:

Agares
    Eligos
    Ipos
    Halphas
    Vepar

Now, if anyone cares to know, those are more of the Goetia. We've already seen 6 of those evil things so far:

Andras
    Marbas
    Amdusias
    Crocell
    Valefor
    Astaroth

Now maybe it's just me, but could the secret GMS exclusive be a continuation of the Goetia questline?

17. Default

No, I dunno why kMS named them as such, but those are the names they had in the Korean version as well, meaning, they did exist in kMS, and they are not a GMS exclusive.

18. Default

Hmmm..... Well, it does mean something. Maybe since Nexon might've hid the data for the secret fifth portion, it COULD be an extension. I mean, if they somehow see this, they might be planning an Episode 2 or something.

I just found it odd, because this is how the Demons so far rank (as per their listing in the Goetia):

Spoiler

Either Nexon's seeing a love for using Goetic naming conventions, or we could be seeing a gigantic Demon questline for players 15-120; perhaps a reinstatement of the Episode I questline, and furthermore, addition of Episode II? Just a thought.

EDIT - Call me crazy for this, but some of that data includes weapons with Raven, Beetle, and such in them. Mayhaps we be getting Krakia after so much whining?
    Last edited by Corazon; 2011-06-19 at 01:17 AM.