Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Default

The damage done by poison is the skill percent * max damage. I am pleased by this.

384*0.24 = 94, et cetera.

Berzerk got swapped. If you have over 70% HP, it's active. Honestly they should have just swapped it and left the trigger at 50%.

2. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Poison Brace, Poison Mist, Elemental Composition, Fire Demon, Paralyze, and Meteor Shower are all of our DoT skills.

Ultimate cooldowns.

/thread.

You definitely can't use ultimates for anything but inflicting big damage every now and then and DoT.

Also, your DoT calculations are incorrect. DoT is a separate damage-dealing value separate from other skill cast damage. In other words, the 200% DoT from Meteor Shower means that, every second for 10 seconds, the burned mob will receive 200% of the Magician's damage range of damage. As an example from my post in another thread, 200% of my 12.5k max range would be 25k damage. That's assuming eles, amp, SE, or other outside multipliers don't affect DoT, and even then the MDRate of boss mobs is 25, so they would be taking 18.75k per second, not 25k.

Still, it's not half bad. If it stacks with poison then we might just be half decent at bossing....though I'm not holding my breath just yet.

3. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Skyshooter1
    Server: Alexina
    Level: 981
    Job: Green boy
    Guild: Blasphamy
    canada

Thats such a small gap. You'd have to have a bishop constantly healing you like a madman in order to keep that without using up 100 pots a minuit.

4. Default

We *might* still be able to tank 2+ hits before 70% HP is reached, so please, no, don't raise the threshold.

5. Default

If Sacrifice is a Dark Knight's strongest single target attack, it's going to be very expensive maintaining Berzerk at bosses.

Overall I think Berserk is an improvement though. It prevents DrKs from being glorified HB mules at bosses like PB.

6. Default

Have you ever bossed? Beats the hell out of LOSING the bonus when a Bishop heals you.

7. Default

Oh wow, this makes me so much happier =D

Poison Brace 60% DoT
    Poison Mist 130% DoT
    Paralyze 160% DoT
    Fire Demon 110% DoT
    Meteor 220% DoT

Wonder if they'll stack =D

Also, for comparison's sake:
    CL: 720%*0.875/0.69s = 913%/s
    Paralyze: 600%*0.875/0.72s + 160%/1s = 889%/s

With MDR reducing by 25%
    CL: 720%*0.875*0.75/0.69s = 684%/s
    Paralyze: 600%*0.875*0.75/0.72s + 160%/1s = 706%/s

Seems like we are much closer now ^^
    Monster defense also works in favor of F/Ps, I'll just hope that repeated casts of DoT skills don't make them not work at all.

8. Default

Repeated castings of Poison Brace interrupt the DoT effect, and also, it doesn't look like MDRate has an effect on DoT.

9. Won't Be Coming Back

canada

I didnt know the zerk gambits changed to 70%<

I thought it was always still >50%

I actualy meant >80%

10. Default

I would hope they all stack, just for overpowered-ness lulz. In all seriousness though, let's hope Poisoned and Burned effects do stack. Do I/Ls not have DoT? I remember that their Blizzard also does. Brb checking.

11. Default

Ew, sure hope they change it so it doesn't suck, otherwise it's useless for bossing.

12. Won't Be Coming Back

canada

DoT is calculated seperatly between different skills.

I don't know if it counts, but I used inferno's DoT alone side a NL's venom star, both DoT's weren't able to interupt each other.

13. Default

They only have DoT effects on ID and Blizzard. I'm wondering if casting ID once every 15 seconds would aid or hinder overall damage dealt.

14. Default

Will be fun seeing F/Ps doing:
    Paralyze -> Fire Demon -> Poison Brace -> Poison Mist -> Meteor
    at bosses to give maximum DPS

My complaint, though, was about repeatedly using paralyze (for example) and that cancelling its own DoT

15. Won't Be Coming Back

canada

Doesnt the DoT timer reset after you spam it? Because, it works that way for me when I spam it on Imperials.

I don't think it actualy cancels itself out, but it may just reset the DoT timer when you spam it.

16. Default

That's exactly what's happening, it's not that it cancels, it's just interrupted because of the repeated castings.

I doubt elemental advantage has an effect on DoT, well, besides the fact that monsters that are immune don't experience DoT, but I'm 20 levels away from the first poison weak monster.

17. Default

I'd like to see DoT damage dealt constantly based on the last skill with a DoT effect that you used, provided that damage is the same or higher than the previous DoT damage.

Meaning, if a monster is taking 200&#37;/s from Meteor, and you use Paralyze, it will continue taking 200%/s until that duration runs out.

If a monster is taking 60%/s from Poison Brace, and you use Paralyze, it will start a new timer for 160%/s.

If you continue to spam Paralyze, you will refresh the timer, and the monster will continue to take DoT damage until that timer runs out.

I think that's the best possible system.

18. Default

Just to clarify, DoT damage would continue normally, but the time until it expires would constantly be refreshed, right?

19. Default

That's what he hopes, according to iAmFear the DoT interrupts after each cast and since it takes 1s before DoT starts doing damage it's effectively cancelling the DoT effect if you spam the skill.

20. Default

I'm on my itouch so my spelling n grammar mite be bad... But from the Vids of the drk it seems crusher is officialy obsolete - his crusher hits aprox 26 k each hit while his fury hits about 70k - with the timing diff and extra mob count it mite now be smarter to max fury for training and sacrifice for bossing and use the pts used for crusher in smthin diff