Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Yeah, now we're going to get banned by just having a normal conversation:

A: "Omg, the last scroll worked, should I scroll again?"
    B: "Yeah, take the risk, finiSH IT."

Watcher: Ohhh, bad word detected! *Flags for ban*

2. Default

they'll get bored bc they have to watch over a server in which they haven't a care for. Then again on the flipside it would be too biased if it was their server. Catch 22, so i'd expect things to return to normal after about a month or so?

3. Default

I think I posted the effect sometime around patch 68 when it was added.

4. Default

Yup, not allowed to say. If you do say, you get kicked out of the brigade.

5. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

I think it's a strange idea to say the least. If these people have direct access to alerting GMs, what is to stop them from abusing their 'powers'?

6. Default

The power to turn invisible? Fly? That's the extent of what they can do aside from a priority report.

7. Default

Is that true, or are you being sarcastic...? Awesome if it was.

Sucks having to watch whatever you say as a member, though.

8. Default

At any rate, We should see results in the next month or so...
    I do like that animation better then the GM one =)

9. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

on the other hand, if GMs don't have to go looking around the servers for infractions then they can get to work on those tickets

10. Default

And this makes me glad I never bought a mic and got ventrillo to move onto the final stages of that application. I was willing to help when I had time, but not be put on display by the company for free as an easy figurehead to handle the rage spam.

At least I was paid to act ignorant to the people on the E3 floor spamming questions about the game before it came out.

Stupid move NEXON, stupid move.

11. Default

I highly doubt this ISN'T done for Completely free, there HAS to be some perks for
    doing this kind of Job, Even if it is Nexon we are talking about
    Last edited by BandanaBoy; 2009-10-26 at 12:21 AM.

12. Default

There are no perks.
    Volunteer job is voluntary.

You don't get to choose your world. You don't get to choose your name. You don't get to tell anyone. You don't get to be seen. You don't do events. You don't get any actual ability to do anything.

It's nothing but an account you're given and told to use whenever you want but the only thing you can do it on it fly around invisibly and use a glorified alert GM button that you have to have fraps proof to backup.

It's not a game.
    It's not fun.
    It has zero reward.
    Noone will appreciate you for doing it.
    Noone will ever know you do it unless you break the rules and tell people.
    And on top of that you'll have to sit in silence listening to the people bash you for doing the job, blaming you for everything that goes wrong in the game, accusing you of every "unfair" ban that occurs and whining about how little you do or how worthless you are.

If that's not an encouragement for everyone to just beg to sign up I don't know what it.

13. Default

This. They do it because they want to help. They may get some maplepoints in small amounts, or a t-shirt mailed to them, but that's about it.

14. Default

I'm sorry for offending you,

But I'm sure there is going to be a few people who will do a dam good job;
    even a Volunteer Job; Has some Perks =)

15. Default

I am incapable of being offended.

16. Default

Part of the guidelines for the position was that if you were caught abusing your powers, you were subject to being banned on ALL of your playing accounts (main + mules).

17. Default

Also bears noting for anyone else who is going to question how they could do this - part of the vetting process for these requires full disclosure of every account you've ever so much as watched someone log in to and if you lie or omit you don't get in becuase they research it thoroughly and so if you break the rules all those accounts they found are gone forever.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

It was so funny because one of these dudes smega'd in mardia and he said he was a GM... at least I found it funny.

19. Default

Wow. Bet he doesn't exist any more.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

Yea he did one of those avatar smega's. He was wearing the W hat and he said something along the lines of "Hello mardia! A friendly hello from GM XXXX" w/e his ign was. I forgot.