Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Watching over two people is easy when you can just stalk their posts. Moderating a whole section, debating what's out of line is harder.

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Well in the end, the final desicion comes to them, so I guess there's no use mumbling amongst ourselves right now. Whatever the outcome though, I think it'll be good for us all.

3. Default

The final decision may come to them, but that doesn't preclude our ability to speak our opinion of it, or to argue against the logic of it.

You posting to essentially tell us we don't matter, when you yourself matter equally little, isn't adding value to the conversation. The people who donate to the forum, the people who provide content to the forum, and especially the people who moderate this forum all have far more weight in this discussion than you do until you have actual points of consideration on the topic.

If Fiel and Issac weren't interested in listening they could've locked the topic at the first sign of disagreeing with them rather than replying back and forth and letting us have our say.

4. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Actually you said the exact opposite of that... But I don't really feel like arguing this back and forth so we can leave it at we agree.

Do what you must, the world subforums are hardly active for the most part anyways

5. Default

I did get one interesting idea from an anonymous member via PM.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to expand the Marketplace to include the niche forums for each server rather than having a "general" board for each place.

6. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Septher
    Server: vengeance
    Level: 172
    Job: ShAHHHdower

I'm pretty sure this was brought up when the marketplace was just being created. This is the best way to have a forum-based marketplace set up, but is the marketplace subforum really active enough to have each server deserve their own section?

7. Default

Knew you'd come around.

8. Default

Why don't we just have a mod or two for the world sections? Or is that not happening after Writer's Corner Moderation v1?

9. Default

Because the ones most interested in policing the worlds are the ones most likely to stir up even more drama by censoring who can talk about what.

10. Default

or, since you have the infrastructure in place in the market section, recreate the world forums similar to how the markets are and make the markets the subforum

11. Default

I'm kind of disappointed about the world forums. I was just about to post a search for training partners thread...

As for other forums, I already train with basically everyone I can from HS since I'm in the guild, and the last time I posted on Sleepywood, the thread got buried in hours by leech sellers/buyers and Zhelm groups.

Plus, wasn't there a group to get people their Zhelms in Broa that got its genesis as a Southperry thread? The topic starter is an admin at HS, but I'm sure she posted it here because Southperry has a more active high level/people-who-haven't-quit population than HS does.

I don't really see how combining the marketplace and the world forums is going to solve any drama problems... And putting everything in the same forum with prefixes or whatnot seems less viable than it was for the marketplace. At least if you're selling/buying something rare, there's the possibility of world transfers and the MTS. I don't care at all about guilds/parties/rankings in other servers, since I would have to actually play in the server to be invested in those. The only thing I might care about is more unique/interesting topics, like all-one-class Zruns or something. But then only weakly. It would mostly be annoying to have to dig through (or click a button to sort out) stuff from other servers to get to Bera threads.

12. Default

I think that running a forum based on a game (especially MS) without drama is like trying to have one's cake and eat it.

13. Default

I did start a thread here, it got some decent responses. It's posted on sleepy as well.

So theoretically if you got rid of the world forums, and someone wanted to post something world specific - getting a party together, exploring new patch parties, bossing etc, where should they put it?

Would it make sense to put world specific discussions all in one forum, but with world icons like the fm section has (had? - I haven't looked at it in a while)

Realistically though, if you harden up the anti spam/trolling/flaming rules then it should relieve the drama issues (which is what you're doing with the points). Once some of the top drama makers take a break, a lot of your spam goes away and people adjust.

14. Default

So did nuking the world forums get aborted?

15. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

I thought about this earlier today too. What's gonna happen?

16. Default

The forums are going to join together then implode.

17. Default

I think the best solution is to increase moderation of the world forums so as to prevent derailing, drama, flaming, etc. than to close them alltogether.

Perhaps, you could open a process to select moderators for those forums and see how that will go...

18. Default

It's better to be safe than sorry, lest those drama mamas do something really drastic.