1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

Question in title. I want to know if a Tyrant Altair Cloak has any actual differences from say an Altair Charon cloak before I throw money and a unique potential scroll on a ~3b item and immediately regret my decision.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

Theyre class specific, so one is a thief or pirate cape, and the other is a dunno what cape.

3. Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

The name is dependent on what class it is, so don't waste your money on a altair cloak if you're a mage because you need a hermes for mages (I think).

Ninja'd

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Charon cloaks are inherently cheaper than altair simply because of class demand. No one plays bowmen, a lot of people play xenon/cannoneer/bucc.

There is no stat difference between them.

5. Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

Altair = Pirate
    Charon = Bowman

Altair being worth more cause it's for pirates.
    If that's what you were asking?

6. Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

As everyone else has said, the only difference is in the name and class, enhancement stat gains are the same all around, regardless of what class it's actually for.

So, if one were to plan on transposing say, a Tyrant cape onto a Sweetwater item, you could just scroll/pot the cheapest one and still be fine, minus wasting a perfectly good, scissorable Tyrant, that is.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Oh, derp. Didn't know they were class specific. Still good to know. So you said it's possible to transpose to a Sweetwater? Guess that's one way to make the cape class-wide so I only need one cape for all classes in a sense.

8. Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

If you're planning on sharing them, you'd probably want 5 tyrant items since otherwise, you'd need one Sweetwater (and a corresponding Tyrant) for every single character as they're completely untradeable once worn or transposed (with the exception of like, once if the scissored status can still be transposed). It kind of makes it being common class pointless, other than making it so you don't have to find a specific one.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I think he means that if he wanted a tyrant level stat bonus on a warrior but can't afford warrior tyrants, buy bowman tyrant (cheapest), get to 7+ stars, fuse on warrior.

10. Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

SW cape would get forever untradable on equip though, so not much to gain from that.
    And since the base stats would not carry over, you'd have to shell out a fantastic amount of money on superior wards and enhancing to get any stats to bring with you.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Everyone overestimates the cost of 7 stars when 5 stars are free.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

Well frick. Is it only the SW cape that's forever untradeable? Hmm, this is being more troublesome than I thought trying to find workarounds. Guess I'll stick with focusing on Superior Gollux gear for now.

13. Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

No, it's all the Sweetwater stuff. Like I said, being common is super pointless, at least in terms of re-usability, in that there is none.

14. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

i would wait tyrant capes will go down in price

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Oh really? How so?

16. Default Re: Is there a difference between Tyrant gear other than just the name?

Magnus started dropping them recently, so the capes are getting cheaper. They've like halved in price over the last week in Windia.