Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: [Event Discussion] Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

1. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Well well, what did you know? The cops are really insane!

Well played, mafias, well played. All the apple ghosts will come and haunt you. .. wooooooooooo

2. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Agreed with much of what y0y0y0 said. The town roles kept us more distracted than they helped us, without them I think we might have lynched Faon on Day 4.
    I think having two insane cops and not giving them a result on y0y0 when he died on the same night was a bit too much. The mafia was able to determine that both were insane before the town could so they played us pretty harshly.

3. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Aside from some hiccups during this game, I had a lot of fun. @MasPan; Your flavour text is amazing. Keep doing what you do. :)

@Shidoshi; I don't think any of us knew that the cops were in fact Insane. Olsi's ability was a bit vague so we assumed that he had the same power as Words, whose investigations turned up the opposite result.

4. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

On the same note, getting a result would've made it immediately obvious that they were insane. It was part of the order I set for things to trigger (mafia hit happening before investigations).

5. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Ok, if you had it planned like that then sure. Still think it was unnecessarily hard on the cops, but it's your decision.

6. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Well, at least I was right about Olsi(for the wrong reason, granted)...but I was also right that no one would ever vote for them.

Wasn't surprised about CakesXD, honestly.

I was kinda suspicious of faon, but faon was in the same boat as Olsi as they appeared helpful to the town so I didn't expect anyone would ever vote for them either.

7. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

I was concerned that if I made it too easy to learn their sanity, having two cops would make the game obscenely easy for the town, especially with BTA adding pieces of information. I'm really surprised that people jumped to assume random or mafia-aligned cop and brushed off insanity so readily.

8. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

I know it's a case by case thing, but yeah a lot of people just use kills as having the lowest priority.

9. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Yeah, in general, killing someone shouldn't prevent them from doing stuff or stuff being done to them. It's usually considered the last thing to happen.

@MasPan; I think we dissed Insane because we didn't think both cops would be Insane.

10. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

I was talking about insanity for like the whole three cop shenanigans, but I really didn't expect two insane cops. That's why I insisted on investigating the same target. One sane and one insane cop is pretty common, and it would sort out the piles of cops nicely.

11. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Or one sane and one random.. as a challenge.

12. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Great game everyone, and seriously, someone PM me or call me out on posting stuff here if it's against the rules. I've seen past discussion threads but I have no idea what's actually meant to be 'discussed' here, so if someone could give a concrete "don't do this pomegranate" then that'd be great...

Will start writing the game when I can c: I have the time so I should be able to get it done.

13. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Just don't comment or say anything that's relevant to what happened or is happening in the game. If anything I think mods should also avoid posting anything, no matter what things should just happen and when the game is over let hell break lose. I don't see much point to this thread when the game is still going other than mod's announcements or maybe rule discussion or times or whatever... I think anything else is rather pointless or is too related to the game.

I had fun despite dying early and was glad people ignored what Meta said day 2. She had us pretty much figured out and once I died I thought you'd follow her intuition, glad you didn't pay attention to it :P I'm pretty sure I'll be playing future games...

14. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Insanity is a challenge. Random is pure cruelty and chaos.

And yeah, for posting in the discussion threads:
    Just don't post. Dead people just saying like "cya nerds" after they die is fine, but you really shouldn't have to post in this thread much at all.

15. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

But it was fun being a ghost :(

16. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

I mean, "I'm enjoying this game!" "woooooo i'm a ghostie" is fine. But you know what I mean.

17. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

I think a pinned Discussion Thread for all mafia games would be more useful than one for each game. That way we have a place to discuss who's making future games and other things like that.

For the most part you shouldn't say anything related to the game after you die, so yeah.

18. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Yeah that's a good idea. And @Five Second Pose, is there any chance we could get the mafia queue back up? Looks like a lot of people are interested in hosting.

19. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

Okay, I get it now :) Thanks for clarifying :)

20. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia Discussion

As a heads up, my signups should be up sometime tomorrow. I wanted to do that today, but I didn't get much sleep last night and so I'm not really up for deciding a few things I want nailed down before I post them.