Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

1. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

You missed my point but you pointed out something I missed, I didn't know you didn't receive a PM telling what Cakes did. For all we know Cakes could be lying and no one is trying to kill you, or it could be a neutral behind it all... but that doesn't make much sense to me now that I think about it. Ok, you're right about that. I messed up... I guess I will consider you two town.

@Olsi; he's not the only one taking Luv's side. I also voted for Luv yesterday but I changed my mind, kinda, because he doesn't appear to be lying. y0shi also seems to be taking Luv's side. However, I did agree that Verrkol's vote reasoning was weak.

2. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

I agree with Mas regarding VerrKol, Olsi's logic may not have been the most sound (although Luv's power is quite weak and detrimental for town, and I think he should refrain from using it until later in the game as is typical of townie roleblockers) (also Polantaris did make it sound like it lasted multiple turns, because now we know it does) but jumping on Olsi because of his flawed logic is even less logically sound. Wow that sentence was awful, oh well.

[vote] @VerrKol;, those couple of posts were just incredibly scummy. I can't really explain why, if anything I'd have to say it's the tone of the posts. Also what Holypie nonsense last game? I see no relationship between that scenario and this one. That one was a claimed mafioso calling out the doctor BY NAME. It ended up being a lucky guess, but my reasoning at that point was full disclosure so the town knows the same information that the mafia (presumably) knew, since I had been dropping a few hints and I thought faon had picked up on them, which considering his skill at mafia is a fair assumption. This is a completely different situation, so there's really no need to "overreact for clarity".

Regarding Luv's power, I think it kind of sucks for the town because if he accidentally hits a townie, they're kind of boned based on RNG. If he manages to find a mafioso, there's no guarantee that they'll actually be blocked. This actually makes it seem more likely that there is another proper roleblocker. As for Luv's alignment, I can't really say but I'd think that the two roleblockers would be on opposite teams.

Also guys, I'm pretty sure types are completely irrelevant to mechanics. This is starting to sound like the name analysis from Two Islands or the apple types theories of Bad Apple. It would be incredibly difficult to implement, make things a lot more confusing to the players, and not really add anything but needless complexity.

@Polantaris; it's strange to me that you got a PM in the middle of the night. Usually result PMs are sent at the very end of the night so that all of the ability interactions can be sorted out. It also seems strange to me that Luv didn't know the actual effects of his powers. It looks like he legitimately thought he was a regular roleblocker.

@Words; congratulating the doctor after a successful save is a common mafia tactic in order to appear more pro-town. It obviously doesn't guarantee that they're mafia, but it is another point in that direction.

The Cakes and Hypermug thing that's going on doesn't really mean anything. Just because someone was the target of a role forcer doesn't mean that they're town OR mafia.

3. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

You know what, I am gonna come out and be honest here. Luv annoys me to no end, seriously. In a completely out of game manner despite my desire for the town to win I was hoping he would get voted off so he would shut up and we could have a peaceful game. I normally tolerate him pretty well but I guess I was having a bad day or something and I let my emotions effect me. So yeah, I kind of jumped on the Luv wagon for no reason which I am sorry for and hope the town can forgive me and in the future I will try to stop my emotions from crossing over into the game.

4. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Not to bring too much of last game into this thread, but from the standpoint of someone who could see all of the game happening, Holypie actually made the right move by confirming his role. I mean, he had no way of knowing that so I can't exactly call it a smart decision, but it allowed Polantaris to copy him (and CJ could have saved him as well if he chose to). So in the end I'd feel weird holding that against him.

5. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

seriously? lame-o

6. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

I find it extremely weird as well. I thought the day had started early. I got two different PM's. One at about 7PM, and then another right before the day started. The first one was pretty plain and generic, just telling me something happened to me, while I didn't get the actual effect until the second PM. I don't really know why it happened this way, but it did.

Yeah, I actually agree with this. Holypie was probably going to get murdered just because faon called him out and the mafia would want to see if he was right. By confirming he was the doctor I was able to save meowmixx. I think Holypie kinda jumped the gun with the reveal, but it worked in town's favor.

To be fair, if Splash is your ability it does....well nothing. Not even in the Pokemon universe. It does literally nothing. I imagine you're basically powerless until you evolve, which I imagine will happen if you're really Magikarp. The only problem is whose team you're on. We don't need this happening to us.

7. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

i'm neither mafia or a neutral.

8. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Damn we have a second mafia type faction (werewolves or something if this was normal mafia, but since it's pokemon it's probably one of the other teams)?!?!

9. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Cult leader, obviously.
    Everyone knows that magikarp is hypnotic and lures people in to its coven.

10. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

All hail HypnoKarp.

Or just Hypno. A Hypno cult would be awesome.

11. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

i don't know? i'm sure ya'll are just joking, but i am town unless that wasn't clear. though having a second mafia faction would be interesting, we haven't had one of those since what... Battlestar Galactica Mafia?

12. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

There really isn't much information as to the mafia's intentions so it is hard to tell if the mafia group is random or has some type of purpose. It is also hard to tell the intentions of individual pokemon. Also, I didn't understand Polantaris' roleclaim of type till after he explicitly said it. Sorry.

I am still really suspicious that there are two roleblockers. If this is true, one is probably mafia, the other being town. Which leaves us with the question of finding out who is who.

Also, did I miss something or did @Kyrastri; say who she targeted?

13. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

It's alright. I had hoped that my image would have been easily Google searched, which would have made it really easy for people to figure it out. It wasn't until I tried to do it myself that I realized that that didn't work. Suikoden is a pretty obscure game, regardless of how much I love it, so I realized that I have to point it out to those who don't know since you can't really crumb for a different universe, that makes no sense.

14. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

back! while at the pokemart i was wondering about Kyra's ability. she hinted at grass so i took it as such. the top 3 grass in my head went to victreebel, parasect, and tangela (what is a venasaur). she said that she asked questions about her ability so it isnt as simple as doctor/cop.

1) with victreebel i thought about the show and him chomping on Jame's head so maybe disabling for the night.
    2) parasect with effect spore
    3) tangela with wrap/constrict

idk i think im just over thinking crap again , this is just personal thoughts

15. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Vileplume could have any number of moves too (Mega Drain, for example). I could see a Bulbasaur/Vine Whip if there were items in the game (If there's a pikachu, maybe there is someone with elemental stones? A pokemon trainer neutral?). Doubt that though - we'd probably have some hint of it by now.

16. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

wow totally forgot about vileplume... But the elemental stones would be a cool addition

17. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

No love for Exeggutor?

18. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

I think it is safe to assume parasect. The only thing that concerns me about that and why I had asked who Kyrastri targeted is because if she used rage power or some type of spore on CakesXD, that could be the reason CakesXD felt compelled to attack Hypermug. Then I guess it was she "inhibited" via attract? It is just another theory...although the last one didn't go to well because I missed a big clue, so I don't want to miss another clue...

19. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

Interesting how you didn't get a PM, although it makes sense because nothing happened to you in the end.

Yeah, it's pretty reasonable to assume Parasect from Kyrastri's possible clues.

:)

Use that bolded statement however you like.

20. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

I'm just kidding, although...

OH DAMN CAKES IS TOWN AND MAFIA!?!?!?