Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: [Event Discussion] Gen I Pokemon Mafia

1. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

No after his thunder killed pidgeot it was extremely dumb for the town not to kill luv, im with shidoshi on this one, if it wasnt obvious before then it was EXTREMELY obvious after that event. Town was really sloppy this game. But who am i too judge after my playing

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Because my own role PM was misleading enough that I could easily believe that someone else's was equally misleading. There was a lot of hidden power in people's various moves.

Well crap, I guess I overestimated the protection of my Adventure. "not affect by moves" my ass

3. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

^^^^^^
    Literally 90% of things that happened were either misleading or had hidden/unknown effects. The fact that pretty much nobody knew how anything worked made it pretty believable that Luv could pineapple up like that.

Hell, Verrkol's adventure pretty much attests to that. "Not being affected by moves" pretty much was a lie since he apparently just died to a move.

4. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

My role PM was rather simple and straightforward though the HP part didn't make sense until CJ was killed.

5. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Yea lol. Shidoshi can see that :P

6. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

As was mine, except for a couple of details like when the kill occurs and nitty gritty mechanics.

7. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Shouldn't the day have ended with @Holypie;'s vote? At any rate it should be over now lol.

8. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Do you really want me to end it now? He just voted (and i just got on to see that), is everyone sure that will be their final vote?

9. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

It's normal for the Day to end when a majority is reached. Asking questions like that is bad form, you're influencing people.

10. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

I saw that coming, especially with bread pan's post urging Niernen to end the day :p

But well played Meta, well played.

11. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Meta was the one that asked for the day to end too.

12. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Holy wanted it to end just as equally. The only one on the fence was Cakes for obvious reasons.

13. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Ok, so:

Kyra and I were trying to bus Luv because there was no conceivable way he was going to survive anyway, and we wanted to be on the good side of that lynch. Naturally Luv survived until nearly the very end instead. I was also totally bs;ing with regards to the "die in a fire" comment - I was actually referencing my very first mafia role on the site, YEARS ago, where I was a neutral arsonist.

Our general gameplan was to abuse my ability to shut down multiple roleblockers, though the night @Hypermug; investigated me I had intended to have yoshi0 block him - a call by one of the other mafians led me to change targets :(

Fun game overall, but as before there were a lot of overpowered abilities on both sides and overall way too much information being given out in result PMs and through investigations. A vanilla alignment cop is one of the strongest roles in a normal game if the player/town uses the information well. Giving someone as much information as Mug's tracker role is...scary.

Everyone in the mafia had a blast, and I'm not saying the game was not successful, but as a mod you @Niernen;) should work on facilitating the game vice actively influencing events (vote count before the day is over, for example, can influence how/when/if/why people vote. Comments about # of roles or players aligned with a given side are a major faux pas as a host, whether you're being misleading or truthful.

There's a phrase that every mafia host/mod should embrace - "It's entirely possible" or "That could be true."

14. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Or "Maybe, maybe not" :P

15. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

I had fun too, although I wanted to choke a chu when @LuvDWayULie hit me with thunder ;p

16. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

HEHEHEHE, you are seriously OP omg..

17. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

I didn't like the Neutral faction for this game. Same deal like with Digital Mafia, it made sense flavour-wise, but there was no incentive to play for either team. We had Shidoshi, whose role was simply to cause chaos, and me, who had absolutely zero incentive to even play (I was just bored and saw that the Town had finally taken down a Mafioso). I also had no idea that I could even learn a new move, and when I did, it was much too late to make good use of it.

Town seemed pretty darn overpowered compared to past Mafia games.
    Last edited by CakesXD; 2014-08-23 at 05:25 PM. Reason: wording

18. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Lol, I had no idea. I thought this is what watchers normally did.

19. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Yeah, you did realize that we mafias had actually about 1.5x OP than Town's OP-ness (I think: Hyper is 2x) right?

20. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Really on the Mafia side of thing only MasPan was OP. But it made up for it because Bind has to be the most OP move I've ever seen in a mafia game.

Luv had Thunder which was basically the typical mafia kill, there was nothing special about it at all.

Kyra could poison and later got string shot and harden the latter we have no idea what it does.

And of course I had subs which could block one attack when I gave them to someone else and lasted 1 night and 1 day.