Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

1. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Since the game is over, I don't see anything wrong with quoting the PM:

It was definitely aimed at you.

2. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Well that's silly. Unless he thought I was mafia in which case it makes sense but oh well.

3. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Quoting my PMs here:

Hmm, I didn't kill you, Polantaris.

4. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Probably because of defense curl.

Also how does everyone feel about another game? I'm ready to host but I'm not sure if people are burnt out or are busy due to school starting. It'll be a smaller, less crazy game but still with a few interesting twists. I'm allowed to have my fun too.

5. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'm up to play as long as it's not a crazy 20+ players game full of power roles.

(Also don't make neutral survival roles that really should just be town roles)

6. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'd be interested as well.

7. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'd like to apologize for my dumb investigations, last weeks have been weird with the work interviews, getting the paperwork they required where I'm going to work and hanging out with friends made it hard to focus, despite thinking I had enough time to play it was tiring and I was all hasty when reading and writing. I'd love to join the next game but work starts next week and I don't want the same thing to happen again.

I'll sign up as a sub, just in case you need one and work isn't tiring.

8. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'm thinking like 16 tops with much more toned down roles. I think I balanced it decently too, but I guess you can't really know for sure until it plays out.

9. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'd be happy to play, but I'm just worried because I know jack pomegranate about GoT :p

10. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'm down for another game.

11. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'm in for another game as usual. Overall, I'm actually rather pleased with my performance this game given the circumstances. I was wrong about Olsi, but right about MasPan. I got rather lucky with the Luv vs Cakes lynch, but the reasoning I had was sound. I never really expected the mafia to try to lynch their godfather so quickly lol so I guess Luv had me pretty well fooled. Kyrastri and MasPan deserve props for pulling it off so well.

My only serious complaint is the severe ambiguity in my role powers. I really think my Watergun description should have been more clear since it's thematically dead wrong. If you're going to turn a damage move into a status cure, you should probably let me know instead of leaving me to spray people futilely. Beyond that, HOW DID I EVEN DIE??? Meta had no kill ability and I should have been immune to damage from abilities anyway. If I had lived, I'm pretty sure the town would have won since the voting pretty much validated Cakes in my mind.

I don't overall have a problem with the power roles since just about everyone was equally overpowered, but the alteration of abilities as the game progressed WITHOUT warning was pretty ridiculous and in my opinion not fun. Niernen overstepped his bounds a bit and actively tried to influence the game. My Adventure ability should probably have never given me information about Meta's dolls and I think it really points to manipulation to make me suspicious of him. Kyrastri and TheBirds changing abilities at least made sense thematically and were spelled out in PMs. This was a good example of how this should have been handled. People like Cakes shouldn't wake up one morning to randomly have a shiny new power. I'm fine with some unscripted interactions between abilities like Polantaris+Kyrastri, but they need to make more sense logically/thematically to allow player skill to actually influence the game and not sow chaos.

12. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I don't ever remember being on a tower, but whatever.

13. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I assumed that it would go Digital Mafia style where the kill is submitted by one person of the mafia, but once that person dies the ability goes to another mafioso. A mafia unable to kill is pretty pointless and goes against the whole game; once the godfather dies the mafia is significantly hindered.

+ remember that Meta initially voted for Luv on D1 as well (Mas voted Shidoshi; he started the wagon)! I actually got the PM to vote for Luv on D1, but since I was at school I couldn't vote earlier.

14. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I don't really think there was ever a reason why Cakes should've been suspicious.

If someone is given an item that, when used, stops their action-immunity and gives them a double vote, I think it's pretty safe to say that person isn't going to be mafia because that would probably be the most broken thing in existence.

And given both our role PMs and Shidoshi's role PM I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that you wouldn't need to kill a neutral to survive.

/* /also totally called Luv/Meta/Mas as soon as Kyra died */

Aside from the obvious "town was scummy as pineapple and their own worst enemy", I think my main problem was just inconsistencies. Some people knowing about the fundamental aspects of the game and others not (type effectiveness, what their roles actually did, etc), some powers giving people role PMs but others not, that sort of thing. And with the general lack of information with the fact that peoples' roles kept changing, it seemed like we were trying to play 4 different games of mafia all at once. It was just way too much. At times it seemed like we got too much information and then other times it seemed like we got too little. :/

15. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED THAT MAFIA COULDN'T HAVE WON! @Niernen; it was Meta and I left alive, and the mafia can't win if they don't kill all the town right? So he has to kill me, but then I kill him back. Therefore, depending on how you parse the win conditions, either town and mafia both win because both factions have been completely eliminated, or nobody wins because nobody is left alive. BOOM VOLTORB WINS AGAIN MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION HAHAHA.

16. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Actually, mafia typically has a win condition regarding the town being incapable of voting them off. If anything it'd be a stalemate during the day, and Meta could still afaik use Substitute on himself (if memory serves he was bs'ing the HP factor of it entirely) to prevent a backlash at night. So while there was basically no possible win condition for you, he had several.

17. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Depends how the win conditions were phrased.

18. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Town wins when all the mafia are Judged (AKA killed) and mafia needs to eliminate the town. I also have a PM from Niernen saying that my self destruct is unstoppable.

Here it is:

So I think it would be a joint win where everyone is dead, or Meta opts to stalemate and not act at night. Either way, it's not a sole mafia victory. HAHA Turns out my role was useful after all. I don't think Niernen thought of this though, because it basically ensures that mafia needs to have at least two members alive to win.

19. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Yeah, I actually had substitute out for myself on that last day and mine unlike those I gave out lasted forever so my substitute would've taken the fall when I killed you.

In the end all it means is Mega Mr. Mime confirmed.

20. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Mr. Mime OP.