Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Patch Notes

So, there's a new Nova Thief class, Cadena. Not really sure what her deal is. I think she was royalty, but Magnus killed her family and she grew up with the Shadow Merchants instead in the Savage Terminal, this gives her a 4% Shop Discount perk in her beginner skills. Uses whips (though I think I see some stuff about using multiple weapons?), LUK character card.

First Job

Second Job

Third Job

Fourth Job

I apologize for the lack of animations, those are kind of beyond me, as is the whole skill extraction thing, really.

She doesn't have 5th job skills yet, though presumably if you got her to 200 and advanced, you'd be able to use Venom Burst and Pantheon, as well as all other common skills. I wonder what would happen to the special skill Nodestone you get upon advancing.

I think this first part will be released on the 22nd.

They also mention a new Arcane River area, Moras(?), and there's some weird guy at the end of the video, I'm guessing boss. Oh, and in keeping with Lachelein and Dream Breaker, Arcana now as a "Spirit Saver" daily.

Something called an "Account Locker". Dunno what it does, it's a UI that can be opened by a key bound in your key settings, has three slots.

After clearing certain bosses, the timer will now be changed to 5 minutes, instead of counting down your remaining time, probably to kick you sooner.

Can't change equips on chairs.

If Arcane Symbols drop, only the one who dealt the most damage will be able to see it.

Some bug fixes and events.

2. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Interesting. Any details on her link skill?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Something about doing 10% more damage to enemies below your level (including bosses) or enemies afflicted with statuses (like blind, freeze, etc), I believe?

4. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Cadena's beginner tutorial:

Koreans' reaction video to Nova update if anybody is interested:

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Did they increase the maximum character slots?

Or do they expect people who've leveled 40 characters to 150-200 for Union to just delete one to make a Cadena?

6. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Are they gonna open another character slot and union slot though

7. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Luckily KMS doesn't have as many classes as we do, so it's not as big of an issue for them.
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2017-06-18 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Typo

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Nevertheless, I'm sure their more serious players filled all 40 slots, including some duplicates, with high level characters with high star-forced gear.

9. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

So we will get a new job,the fourth chapter of dimensional library,the fifth map of arcane river and maybe a new boss or a new character for the summer update.I feel it's not enough.No new system is introduced or old system get changed.

10. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: UhWut
    Server: Windia
    Level: 241
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Wings
    Virginia

Arcana dalies for symbols, thank God.

Account locker sounds interesting. I hope it's something where you can finally share character-bound equips with other characters in your account? Doubt it, but wishful thinking.

11. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Been a while since we had a new archer class. Last one was Mercedes. Who knows when we'll get one.

12. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

I think they struggle to come up with a weapon type or they don't want to spit out another archer with hurricane.

13. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

The world map of the new area: Savage Terminal. It is part of the Grandis continent.

Spoiler

A few BGMs were added for the area as well.

KMST 1.2.051 - 6/18
    Bgm47/SavageTerminal
    Bgm47/HuntingGround
    Bgm47/MrHazard

14. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

"It doesn't make sense to create a Resistance Thief Class that uses whips and chains, Xenon already covers that. Also, some tired-as-hell BDSM joke."

-Everyone

Really gets that noggin joggin'

15. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

I don't understand, this is a Nova class, though

16. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

The point is that it was entirely feasible to make a Thief class that used whips and/or chains
    It being a Nova class is unexpected

17. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Oh yeah, I can see that, but also, I do agree with them, Xenon is technically very whippy, at least compared to every thief other than this one, plus his relationship with Claudine, their special childhood treasure dagger, and their shared whip skills.

18. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

Darmoor storyline might get expanded on in this Nova patch series. They really kept this tight lipped. Didn't even mention this during the Quarterly Earnings.

19. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Literally myself after witnessing those stupid arcana dailies, or any class with teleport really -_-; ignoring the lag even.

20. Default Re: [KMS Summer Update] MapleStory: Nova

I mean, I guess we can expect the 3rd wave of 5th job skills now yeah?