Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Harrisonized

2B is the pencil you need for the Scantron tests. It isn't that bad but I don't like my papers degrading over time.
    I think they're supposed to work underwater as well, but IDK how you'd be using it on a paper underwater...
    E.E. Cummings' Car Poem

O_o
    Someone's getting horny...
    LoL... how did my pencil thread get turned into a sex thread?
    Ooo. That's the one my sister uses. I don't like that one though cuz it takes a few seconds to dry. Here's the one I use:
    http://www.pilotpen.us/images/enlarge/vBallrt_large.jpg
    Eh... why would I do that. It doesn't even resemble anything from Pen lsland...
    Exactly.
    I hate pencils, they smear, they make the paper look bad/horrible. They make any test look unprofessional. If you write wrong, use this.[/QUOTE]
    White out kinda sucks. =/
    VERY nice find.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-12-05 at 05:44 PM.

2. Default

In 7th grade pre-al here, we get 15 points of HW if done in pen, repeated=0.

If you dont bring a pencil, -10 points of daily grade. 5 times in 1 month= demerit.

Yeah, all of us bring pencils.

3. Default

Do you even have to ask?

4. Harrisonized

What's a demerit do?

And wow, you're teacher is lame. I feel bad for you.
    Teachers are supposed to grade you based on how much you learn. I don't see how writing with a pen changes the fact that you understand the material.

5. ☆ ♥ ツ Straight Female
    IGN: QuIt!!!
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 184
    Job: ♥Bishop
    Guild: QUIT!
    Alliance: quit quit QUIT
    Michigan

No, you just answered my question :)

6. Default

I just use mechanical pencils. I like the feel of them for some reason. And I love it when the lead is fresh and sharp. I just get a euphoric feeling when some of the lead from a fresh piece chips off a little. I don't know really how to explain the breaking off of the lead. Hmm... Well let's say you're using a new piece and you start writing with it. Some of the new lead may break off as a few... powdery(?) pieces.

I saw colored leads before. Green, red, blue. Those things sucked so damn bad; they broke the moment you pressed them onto the paper.

7. Default

I hate pens. My english teacher forbids pencils, and I always mess up (then again, I mess up on everything). I'm a real perfectionist when it comes to writing. The papers I write have written in pencil and be completely clear of anything besides letters and numbers.

Also I use a mechanical pencil, never the standard wooden. Why? Because the lead is always even in a mechanical pencil. ;s

8. Default

Pens are bad because, teachers use pens to grade, and may have the same color you use, which would cause confusion.

Pens cannot erase, and if you make mistakes, you can't fix them to make it look neat. You will have to scribble it out, and it looks messy.

She probably deducts points because she told you at the beginning of the year, she wants you to use a pencil, and you probably did not listen to her, therefore, she deducts points for not following simple instructions.

My teachers were the same way, until I got into High School.

9. Default

So don't write your assignments in red/green ink... those are the colours I've seen from almost any marking.

I use pencils when writing on paper, prefer to type assignments.

10. Default

I don't really find a problem with smudging or anything. Comfort, function and aesthetics can also play a role for neat writing / work in my opinion.

This pencil is definitely my choice when writing in Pencil. I also love this kind of pencil but it can't compare to the Air Fit.

The Air Fit has a very comfortable grip, but also dependent on the leads you use. Usually the common leads in the stationary store should suffice. Don't buy weird, unknown brands and there shouldn't be any smudging. I can't seem to find these pencils a lot so I rely on my friends who go to Korea to buy them for me. The Pilot pencils are hard to find and I had to go to a Japanese Market store in China to buy them.

These Pens are my choice when writing in Pen.

These pens are my favourite and write so smoothly and it becomes very easy to write something neatly since the ink doesn't smudge or bleed. These pens are easy to find in North America but are so expensive so I buy a lot of them when I go to Asia. Can't even remember how much I spent on these pens in my life.

Try them out, they're really good and is definitely worth the money spent~
    Last edited by Kevo; 2008-12-06 at 03:23 AM.

11. Default

before reading anything.. the side i take is pencils.

when you say your calc hw looks better than everyone elses.. isn't that cuz you spent more time on it? can't someone with a pencil looks just as neat as you if they spent the time? also, if you compare the time it takes to make pen writing and pencil writing to look neat (same level of neatness), wouldn't pencil writing take less time? when your using a pen, you spend a lot of time being cautious and slow/steady so you don't make as many mistakes. with a pencil, you just keep going and erase Neatly, which doesn't take much effort (imo)

and, i like my handwriting more in pencil. if i use a pen, i shake too much. the constant thought of not being able to erase hurts my brain.

yes i know if you cross out stuff you can learn from your mistakes, but theres usually enough time (between mistake and erase) to be able to keep mental notes of what kind of mistake it was, extract what makes it a mistake into your brain, and learn not to do the same again as i progress with my pencil usage. and as you continue in that way, the information you get from all the different types of mistakes you've already made becomes a habit.

i think most of the reason why i like pencils is cuz i have some sort of obsessive compulsive problem.

and, im left handed. writing from left to right, leaving the other part of my hand on top of the rest of the paperwork and then it gets all dirty if the equipment (including the paper) is not Good. (tho this has nothing to do with pen/pencils)

oh and paper matters too. i prefer mead. or whatever that kind is that comes with fivestar notebooks
    and so do erasers. i like magic rubs, monos, and this

if a pen must be used.. it should be a pilot g-2, or an rsvp. i can't use fat ones cuz its ehh.
    Last edited by xpimnoob; 2008-12-06 at 11:34 AM.

12. Helium Atom
    IGN: After
    Server: I get
    Level: to
    Job: Finish
    Guild: My food
    Alliance: You're dead

Automatic pencils are godly to me. They aren't as messy as regular pencils and I write more smootly with them. I'm horrible at writting with a pen, especially when recopying my final drafts in written productions. >.> Even if people say that pens are cleaner, I dont really agree. When ink doesn't dry faster enough and you pass your hand over it, it's pretty much annoying. As for erasable ink, they aren't as efficient as pencil erasers. Other thing, when pen arrives, liquid paper follows it. I hate both liquid and dry correctors. They don't always work the way you want them to.

But that's just my opinion from very bad pen experiences.

13. Default

5 demerits=meeting with parents, vice-principal, and all teachers.
    10 demerits= in school suspension

14. Default

^

i think you should get a demerit just to eff with society and create some movement.

i would do that if i was in your position.

15. Default

I use pencils for math so I can erase mistakes, and pen for everything else

Pencil-writing looks nasty

16. Default

I prefer pens for everything. Not a fan of pencils, especially the typical wood pencil that needs to be sharpened. I either used mechanical pencils or pens. If I used a mechanical pencil, I'd write at an angle to where the lead would have a slope on the side creating a flat surface against the paper. I used that part to draw pictures in my notebook when I didn't feel like doing work >_>

As for the type of pen I use, I use free clicking pens that I get from Larson Windows and Doors. They work perfectly and are the best size.