1. Default How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

Sorry if this is common sense to some of you.
    I always seen them in the free market, but I never purchased any..

[edit] I am not talking about purchasing permanent items from the cash shop, I am referring to those permanent items buy-able with mesos from other people!

Some questions..
    1) Is the nx item really permanent first off?
    2) Is the nx item that's being sold duped (like say those chaos scrolls from before)?
    3) Is there a list of so called "permanent nx items"?
    4) If you purchase the nx item from a player, does it expire after some time (meaning you hold on to the item but don't equip the nx item) or "disappear" after equipping the nx item?
    5) Anything else you want to add... more information the merrier!

(This is all buying from the free market or through player trading btw)
    Last edited by Metric; 2012-12-09 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Specified

2. Default Re: How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

Some answers..
    1) Is the nx item really permanent first off?
    Yes, but only the versions that do not show an expiration date.

2) Is the nx item that's being sold duped (like say those chaos scrolls from before)?
    This has been patched, but may come back like any old glitch or hack.

3) Is there a list of so called "permanent nx items"?
    I believe every item that comes out of the style boxes has both a temporary version, and a permanent version.

4) If you purchase the nx item from a player, does it expire after some time (meaning you hold on to the item but don't equip the nx item) or "disappear" after equipping the nx item?
    The expiration timer starts from the moment the item is unboxed in the cash shop, not when you purchase or equip it.

5) Anything else you want to add... more information the merrier!
    No

3. Default Re: How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

Stuff that expires shows the expiration date

4. Default

How about the ones that supposed to be permanent? Same deal? I was told in game that after buying from another player or in those free market stores the item sometimes "disappeared" after 24 hours or upon log off. :/

But thanks for responding. ^^

That's true, but I am a bit skeptic of buying those so called "permanent nx items" from other maplers (not the ones in cash shop), also I am not a rich mapler.. :-(
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2012-12-09 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Don't double post, use the edit button.

5. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

If they're permanent, they literally do not expire. If no expiration date is listed, it is permanent.

The ones that disappear are the duped ones; if you bought a duped CS item, those vanish. Actual legit permanent CS items do not vanish.

To play it safe, I believe buying from a regular permit store is your safest bet because for some reason, duped CS items are only sold in hired merchant stores? Either that or give in to buying premium surprise style boxes if you actually have NX. :I
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2012-12-09 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added more info.

6. Default Re: How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

Oh, didn't know that.. Seems like a headache trying to figure out if the permanent nx item was duped or not.. Maybe I'll wait for Nexon to release some permanent items then. :l

Thanks for responding! ^^

7. Default Re: How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

Make sure the "X Charm EXP can be obtained upon equip" message is there too. I believe some items can say this and still disappear later on so this isn't fool-proof. But it's a good rule of thumb.

8. Default Re: How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

I love how one morning of duped perma equips over than four months ago still makes people afraid to buy perma equips. I had a Cat Hood disappear on me but that was clearly a Nexon glitch during a server check, because I inexplicably got it back in Frederick in the next SC. Fearmongers gonna fearmonger.

@Zelkova; regular Surprise Style Boxes have a few set equips that are permanent (usually new and not available in the cash shop), but it gives temporary equips that 1) don't have permanent versions, and 2) ARE in the cash shop.

Some items, like rings, don't give Charm.

9. Default Re: How do you tell if Permanent NX item really is Permanent?

I don't think I am a fearmonger if that's what you're implying. o_o''

I'm just concerned what I buy or not buy since I am low in funds.
    I'm just researching before I buy something...
    I don't have max mesos like some others do. I mean I wish I did.. e.e