Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

I think a good line to draw is 12 attack maximum. I would think facestompers would be a good example, considering 8-10 attack were pretty much high tier until chaos' dropped a large amount because of duping.

How much are chaos' now like 40-50m?

2. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

Depends on the type of Chaos. I think Regular Chaos are like, 20-25m, Miracilous (sp) Chaos are 30-40m

3. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

I can find Miraculous Chaos scrolls in El Nido for ~25m without much trouble.

4. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

Yeah I can't imagine someone breaking 10 weapon attack on many items even with chaos scrolls that cheap. I think it's safe to say there aren't many 10-12 attack items that even exist. People who can make that kind of gamble just settle buying the dupe shoes anyway.

5. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

All of these. Thank you Mr. I don't know if the new currency system would really help the economy as it can also add a faster way to dupe mesos, but if Nexon could keep an eye on the game during the game (this is all in the hypotetical scenario that Nexon suddendly express interest in saving the game right?) I guess I would work.(PS: I thought you had quitted a long time ago)

In conclusion, to summarize:

- Cut the amount of current mesos in game in half.
    - Increase NLC potion costs to that of MSEA (this would both help as a meso sink and increase the usefulness of other potions)
    - Eliminate all mistery mastery books, current mastery books, and all types of scrolls and add 2 new NPCs in every town and FM selling these items for a set amount of mesos. IE: 10m for every 60% and 25m for every lvl 20 mastery book)
    - Add the cash trading window.
    And definitely:
    - Create a department within Nexon of people in charge of watching over the game (24/7 if possible) because it obviously doesn't exist yet.

6. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

It's so nice to talk about all these things, too bad everyone knows none of it will happen unless KMS implemented them.

7. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

Ha if kms implemented them? More like if they ever actually thought of it.

8. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

give everyone 99999atk gears so everyone can hit cap, then buff all bosses to 1+trillion hp

9. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

- Deleting all massively duped equips in game. (600+ att sts, 300+ att cravens, 240+ elemental staves, 20+ att vss, ect)
    - More stable servers and increased security as a possible prevention for duping/hacks.

It was odd how in the past they would rollback for extended periods of time in the case of mesos exploits but
    did little about the sss fiasco.

Guess they're going to get what they can from Maplestory and hope that Maplestory 2 will be a similar success with a clean slate.

10. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

It's not like US Nexon would get their hands on MS 2 for a long ass period of time even if it did launch soon. And there aint any indication Korea is ready to do that. It could take years.

11. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

I can usually find chaoses for at most 10 mil.

12. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

-Delete all existing items with more than 300atk. (ofc) Perhaps look into obviously hacked items (i.e 27atk+ vss, 20atk earrings, rac masks gm clean slates)

-Remove MTS.. Seriously It's outdated and like Duey more exploits come from it than good.

-Increase droprate on certain etc items (confusion frag/PoT/etc etc) To eliminate the point of botting (yes botters can gain more however hunting the items legitly is much more achievable)

-Introduce a PMD event similar to EMS, bringing more gm scrolls, white scrolls, shield scrolls(?), high demand items into the system causing them to deflate. This reduces the profit from duping.

-Add "Meso Sink" service npc's (i.e cubing NPC, potential rank up NPC, Tagging NPC, skill leveling NPC) See Spoiler Tag
    Spoiler

None of this is a cure to duping and botting but it removes the incentive and also instead of merchants "hoarding mesos" the sinks will provide incentive to use them.

13. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

Remove enhancements from the game.
    Put limiters on how powerful an item can be. This would a simple equation of what its highest stats would add to the item based on the best current scrolls (not counting GM scrolls) and then have it capped at that number. Any existing equip over that number should be reset to the cap or deleted.

This doesn't prevent duping but it would prevent all of those broken ass equips.

14. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

I thought there was a cap, and it was set to 255 attack (assuming its 255 ANY stat). This was mentioned in one of the threads discussing equipment enhancement hacked weapons getting deleted or something.

15. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

Your suggestion ties in with many others that Nexon should implement. They are *basic*, and I don't understand why, after so many years, they still don't exist.

The following checks would be relatively simple to implement:
    • Do any items in the inventory exceed their allowed slots/enhancements?
    • Do any items in the inventory exceed their max possible stats?*
    • Are any items duplicates? (achieved by assigning & checking unique item keys)
    • And so and, and so forth...

* This feature would require some minor tweaking every time new scrolls / item types get introduced into the game. Still, it's completely feasible.

16. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

I'm talking about a realistic cap. More than like 20 int/luk/str/dex on any single piece of equipment is entirely unrealistic so they should be capped at that. Etc etc. And each piece of equipment should have its own cap based on existing scrolls.

Something as overarching as +255 doesn't work or just leaves tons of room for abuse.

17. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

- Delete all hacked items (too bad if you didn't hack them yourself, as somebody said awhile ago, posession of contraband is illegal in the real world, so it's reasonable for it to be illegal in maple even if people used real money to buy it)
    - Remove 90% of the mesos in the economy (and possibly 99% given the recent SSS fuss)
    - Make the SSS's worth less (in proportion to the amount of mesos removed)
    - Decrease rarity of some scrolls

What about Z-Helm though?

18. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

19. Default Re: Lets talk about the economy

Economy-wise, you could fix a lot by removing any mesos above a certain amount.

Do it, say, on a curve:
    For a certain amount of mesos on an account (all characters on the server)
    mesos = N*(1-exp(-mesos/N))

eg. if your account had 50,000 mesos on it:
    mesos = N*(1-exp(-50000/N))
    N is the ceiling constant - if you want no account to have more than 50 mil left, set N = 5x10^7
    mesos = 5e7*(1-exp(-5e4/5e7))
    mesos = 49975

But, say you have more mesos - eg. 10 million.
    mesos = 5e7*(1-exp(-1e7/5e7))
    mesos = 9063462

Or, you're a meso seller, and you have 2147etc. mesos on the account.
    mesos = 5e7*(1-exp(-2^31/5e7))
    mesos = 50000000

As you can see, for reasonable amounts of mesos (like the amount needed to buy potions) you're hardly affected - if you have pomegranateloads of mesos then you lose most of them.

The amount of mesos removed this way depends on how much people have hoarded - if every account had 10 million mesos on it, it would only remove 10% of it. If every account had 2 billion, it would remove nearly 98% of the mesos in the game.

If they really wanted to get serious about keeping mesos from inflating, they could run it once a month during a server check. The only time you need 50mil is to buy a mount anyway, the rest of the time, the game's better off if nothing costs more than 15-20mil.