Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

I don't know where you guys are getting this 4 from. LHC's spawn rate is dependent on killing rate and number of people in a channel. Even if you don't hack it you can get a spawn of 12 or more with a good party and a few people sitting on the rope.

2. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

While the 4 thing is wrong, I have no clue where you're getting the information on how spawns work from.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

before the hack went live, this is actually how it worked (i don't remember 12 mobs though, then again...) i used to train in a party of 6 and 2 afkers at golems, ans the spawn was larger. if some of the people left the map, spawn went down.

4. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

I spent a while watching a map, spawn didn't go over 4 until there were 5 people in the channel.

With 1-4 characters in the map, it regulates back to 4 as soon as the extras die.

Which sucks if you can't find a party, or are at a level where the only mobs you can party at are Crockies, and they're full.

Or don't have 6 accounts with 110+ chars, and 6 computers... etc.

5. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

I think the problems people have with LHC is because of the availability of party play zones.

Stop and think: Crockies are lvl115 (not even 4th job), yet people train there until lvl16x <_<.

What needs to happen is more party play zones for higher levels because the gap between LHC and Stronghold is so long and boring.

Stronghold got it right with small maps, lots of spawn, high spawn rate, great exp, and an incentive to loot (confusion fragments, dream fragments, high level familiars)... now give us a lvl13x - lvl14x Stronghold and we'll be getting somewhere.

6. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

I trained This way a LOT. It makes a HUGE difference to have more people on the map. Here is the breakdown for a single party (assuming nobody else is on the map) -

1-3 people on the map - 4 mobs
    4 on the map - 5 mobs
    5 on the map - 6 mobs
    6 on the map - 7 mobs

The map spawns according to the people on it. (The above numbers are tested 100% for Golems and Bearwolves, where I trained.) The 'recruiting' channels, like channel 1, will have a higher amount of spawn on it because there are many people on that map. There is a hard cap to normal spawn which I believe is 9 mobs. You can have 20 people on the map but the spawn will not grow beyond 9. When a map is glitched, it STARTS at the maximum normal spawn. A Glitched Golems map will have 9 golems on it regardless of the number of people on the map. The glitch in the bearwolves maps, though, can get completely ridiculous as most of you can attest.

I have 5 PCs at my home. Each of my MS accounts has at least 1 4th job character on it. I would log them all in and then solo train my main. The Exp was naturally better, but the biggest reason I wanted all of those characters on was because I wanted to always have 3-4 golems spawn on the top floor of my training map. With only my main + an HS mule, I could only get 1-2 on the top platform most of the time. With 5-6 people, I always could max out my skill's # of targets on the map, thus increasing my kill rate which makes a BIG difference. I would often ask my guildmates to AFK in my map if they were going to be around. Even if they weren't in my party, the spawn increase was of great help.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

at 7~8 characters, spawn increases to 8, i trained at golems for ages, there's also been massively-hacked maps, you know, the kind that DC you if you attack anything.

8. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

Oh god. It's already laggy enough there.

9. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

I'm going with you on this. Exploiting really needs to be stopped. It's unenjoyable to people who are legit if an exploiter comes in and messes with spawn. It really pisses me off.

I'm going to have to settle solo training in the meantime when ever I need to level (Slow EXP or not, that's how I roll.)

10. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

How come there is NO ONE at Stronghold? I keep hearing everyone talking about how there's less people at LHC now because all the funded folk went to Stronghold, and that's visibly obvious when you go to LHC, but Stronghold is empty! Ch1 is a damn ghost town over there, in the grinding maps, the entrance, and Future Henesys. I'm lucky to find 1 or 2 people there, and they're usually afk or don't want to train.

11. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

Almost no one in post-BB Maple bothers to do quests. Hence, no one in post-BB MapleStory bothered to do the prequests to enter. At least that's my theory. Either that or they are scared of dying. It owns though since my Alliance is always there and always needs a member.

12. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

The best Stronghold maps for training are Drill hall 1 and 2, thats where most of the people gather. However, even there it isn't common to find people training and when you do they are full. I'd say the main cause for this is the lack of a safe spot. The other maps out have one or other issue that makes them less appealing for training like the map is too big so people has to split and solo different platforms or the damage is too high (Hall of Honor).

13. Default Re: LHC glitch maps are fixed?

Well since the SH mobs are glitched and can't attack, there is a pseudo-safe spot on the middle platforms in the drill rooms and Hall of Honor becomes 20% more bearable.

Also, Familiars will last forever in the drill room if they patrol the bottom while you attack on the middle platform.

-

Most of the people I try to get to train at SH either didn't do quests, are too scared to die, or want to afk frequently for an annoyingly long amount of time during training. Finding 6 active people lvl16x+ who will actively train for a long period of time is a lot harder than you think <_<.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Finding people for SH alone is annoyingly difficult. People are still under the belief that Glitched LHC is better than SH...