Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Notice] MTS Fee Change

1. Default

What does this do to reduce use of MTS for storage? :|

I mean not that it matters anyway, because with Maker I won't be keeping ten thousand etc. pieces, but still... if you aren't selling stuff, you don't pay any NX to list it.

2. Default

I realized, but with Nexon's poor wording skills, we'll have to wait until it's released to come to a conclusion, at least in my opinion.

3. Default

that sucks o_o

I want to seel my random crap for cheap =(
    now i might as well not sell anything for 110 nx cause it costs too much...

4. Default

Never used the MTS, and I will continue to not use it. This change doesn't effect me at all but I'm sorry for those who it does. Nexon, way to be a lame-ass.

5. Default

Exactly how the hell is this supposed to deter me from stuffing my crap in the MTS? I'm not selling anything, so this fee won't even affect me. Plus, I always put my storage as "For Sale", not as an auction or "Buy Now" (whatever that is).
    Last edited by TheSmartGuy; 2009-07-25 at 12:20 AM.

6. Default

Buy Now is part of an Auction. You pay more, but get it right away.

7. Default

How about give us Maker, and then watch the number of MTS storage users.

8. Default

I certainly hope the way you're reading this is right... I for one have never sold anything in the MTS for more than 800 NX... if it comes to this, I won't be able to sell Cursed Charms, and would have to take an extreme cut in order to sell gold teeth; to the point it wouldn't be worth it.

I mainly only use it to top off for a regular shop permit during the periods I can't purchase NX (I purchase 4 times a year tops). And seeing as I was planning on not buying anymore period since I finally got my item slots to a decent level, this is just another thorn in my side telling me to quit.

I hate to imagine how hard this will be on those outside the country unable to buy NX even if they wanted to. This move might actually push some people to buy mesos just so that they can trade it out for high paying items to MTS out.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

This.

I can't buy Nexon Game Cards in my country. I also can't buy NX using PayPal, because Nexon distrusts my IP region, or maybe me personally. So far I have been using MTS to get what NX I need for my shop permit and pet. But all I have to sell are etc. drops and the occasional equip drop or scroll drop / quest reward. None of that stuff will sell, now.

I really don't know what I will do once my current nx stash runs out, but it will probably have to be against the ToS. Nexon have left me no legitimate way to make NX Cash.

10. Default

Nexon needs to realize that when even people on the official Maplestory forums are complaining, this change is a bad idea.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

And this stops MTS storage, hoooow? Double the 5k to 10k or even triple to 15k, but for love of god don't give me this 500 NX min bullcrap. How will lazy noobs get their Zombie Teeth now? Less transactions = less NX being TAXED WHICH MEANS LESS MONEY FOR NEXON.

It means you can't sell your 200 ETC junk for a free 110 NX every now and then from lazy noobs and you can't get more awesome deals, like a 20 DEX robe for 221 NX.

12. Default

Note the bolded/highlighted fine print now - I feel better about this now since they're effectively just raising the price on "auctions".

13. Default

I don't think that's correct. It seems that stuff at the bottom is reffering to stuff that has already been put in mts and is in there on the day of changing to the new system

14. Default

Let's read it again:

"Items that were listed under For Sale and Wanted will be sold with old transaction fee even after 7/28."

So on 7/29, if you put up an item in For Sale or Wanted, it still uses the old system.

That's pretty clear.

"Items under Auction and those you Buy Now will be sold with new transaction fee even if the items were on MTS before 7/28."

So 7/28, you put up an auction and it's got the new fee. Or for that matter anything you've shoved in on 7/27 and want to get out after 7/27.

This is just another epic communication failure on Nexon's part because they made a big deal about a change then put in the tiny print that it doesn't really effect the majority of transactions when they could've summed the whole damn thing up just by saying they were tacking on an extra 400nx to auctions but reducing the % to 7 to compensate and that normal sales would be unaffected.

15. Default

Even if this is the correct interpretation it still has absolutely 0 bearing on people's ability to keep items in the MTS, so why even mention that?

16. Default

But it does stop people who've been putting in auctions at retarded prices noone will touch so they can log into another account, make an offer of 100 nx and then swap back over, accept and voila, instant trade accross servers for 221nx.

If that's what they're really trying to stop they're using a different definition of MTS "Storage" than what we're thinking of - They're referring to using MTS as a cross server surrogate for the "storage" NPC to pass items from one character on your account to the other, only in this case it's account2account storage.

And they're timing it right before the KoC release for obvious reasons.

17. Default

I think the new tax will apply to for sale, but I hope you're right anyways, in a practical sense. "Items that were listed under For Sale and Wanted will be sold with old transaction fee even after 7/28" is pretty ambiguous on its own. Is the "even after 7/28" referring to items listed under For Sale and Wanted, or is it referring to items already listed by the time the patch starts? This means For Sale or Wanted sections getting no tax change at all vs. clarifying what happens to items already in the MTS at the time of the patch (under the assumption that the new tax will apply). I think using the context of the second sentence clears it up because it sets up a contrast with the first sentence, as it specifically notes, "even if the items were on MTS before 7/28." The contrast, the way I see it, is between already existing items in For Sale and Wanted at the time of the patch versus already existing items in Auction at the time of the patch.

But yeah I sure hope you're right, I hate this change and never use auction lol.

18. Default

Yeah, talk about really, really poor wording.

Increasing the cost won't stop people from interserver trading. It'll just make it slightly more expensive. Paying 5xx NX to interserver trade is still a small price to pay.