Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I prefer to think of it as add-on options upon creation instead. I'm also told you can't use more than one type of jewel per equipment, like say two diamonds, regardless of grade.

2. Default

Correct, but you can use one diamond, one black and one dark on an item that allows 3 jewels.

And if they're all high quality you get back item soup!

3. Default

And by extension (for the poor people)

1000 dex crystals + 132,500,000 mesos = 316 mid + 10 high grade = 316 mid + 10 * (28 crystals + 5000000 mesos)
    1000 dex crystals + 82,500,000 mesos - 280 crystals' worth of mesos = 316 mid grade.
    Average cost of mid: 2.3 crystals + 260,000 mesos (or more accurately, 3 crystals + 260,000 mesos - 0.7 * price of 1 crystal).

Warning: Silly calculation follows.
    1000 dex crystals + 100,000,000 mesos = 740 low + 250 mid + 10 high
    720 dex crystals + 50,000,000 mesos = 740 low + 250 * (2.3 crystals + 260,000 mesos)
    250 dex crystals - 15,000,000 mesos = 740 low grade.
    Average cost of low: 0.33 crystals - 200,000 mesos.
    In reality the only reason you'd need mass low grade crystals would be to convert them, and if you actually intended to use them you might as well just appraise -> keep a few low grades instead of converting.
    Last edited by Russt; 2009-05-24 at 02:06 PM.

4. Default

^Yeah, it's going to be most sensible to use mid-grades. High-grades might be cheap for diamonds and jewels that add less-desirable stats, though.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Disassembling sounds promising. I wonder if it'll actually become more profitable to get the materials of the equipment than it is to sell the equipment itself. It's like WoW disenchanting. Only in rare cases is it a good idea to NPC the equipment when you can "shard" it for materials to make more money than if you NPCed.

6. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Finally those blunt weapons and axes that drops from Horntail come to use? Y halo thar dragon scales.

7. Default

For giggles I ran a simulation of these formulas on Fiel's diamond stockpile, assuming the goal was to maximize the number of high quality diamonds and sell them, and here's what came out in 5 runs of the simulation.

Spoiler

Basically as long as high grades retail for at least 3m you break even. anything above that is profit. I've heard guesses of up to 25m for them so I'd say a certain chinchilla is anticipating some heavy yields there as long as he has the income to afford this level of processing in the first place.

Edit* I forgot to mention, for those who don't see it, it's a significantly higher profit:expense ratio to only bother selling the appraised ones - Upgrading will earn you more, but it also takes more time and costs more, and isn't as big a return as the intiail appraisal, just an incremental boost because you lose so many. If those lower grades sell at all they may be worth more to sell than to try upgrading.

Edit2*Went back and repopulated the sample simulations after realizing half the formulas were hard coded to 3200 from beta testing. Oops. Real figures now.
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-05-24 at 09:20 PM. Reason: See Edit notes

8. Default

Just what I needed, a raise in price for clean BWs because they're worth more disassembling than scrollign >_>

9. Default

cool... time to start hoarding ruin hammers from brextons!

10. Default

Wait, wait, wait. As far as I've been aware, when you disassemble all you get are the monster crystals. I've heard nothing of receiving dragon spirits/scales or powders. In fact I'm pretty sure I heard the opposite a while back.

This isn't true is it? Let me believe in the hope that level 110 sets will remain somewhat rare for a while at least... please? Been my personal goal and the total investment of all my resources for over a year.

11. Default

So far I've seen that asked three times and never seen an actual answer - Just speculation. You'd think one of the KMS or JMS people would actually expalin what happens there, it's consdered such common knowledge none of the fan sites even mention it.

12. Default

I also ran through another frightening calculation.

Let's assume it take five seconds to refine each diamond. I have 4377 diamonds.

4377 diamonds * 5 sec/diamond = 21,885 seconds

21,885 seconds * 1 hour/3600 seconds = 6.08 hours

13. Default

Are you able to make anything other than mainstream items with it in mSEA?
    Also, at an above post, Ruin Hammers won't do it for you - only the 110 weapons are speculated to give the scales/spirits. Although now I'm curious if Timeless/Reverse weapons would give their respective etc items too...
    Last edited by MasPan; 2009-05-24 at 07:46 PM.

14. Default

Yeah. I did that one too. You'll be appraising for days driving yourself batty.
    B> Appraisal bot

15. Default

If you were able to bind a key to a mouse click you could have a heavy object hold it down for those 6 hours.

Edit: That's assuming the appraisal process isn't too involved; now that I think of it, don't you need to drag each diamond into the window?

16. Default

It's like using the item scroller... drag items in, click, wait for it to process (because being immediate would be too sensible).

17. Default

It's probably designed that way specifically to prevent mass-grading.

18. Default

And yet it will stop neither Fiel nor myself.

Iiiiiiiiii'm grading my life away... hoping to make it pay...

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Uh, wow. A high grade being worth 3m? Actually doesn't sound that expensive at all, but that's only for one. I need to factor in the fact mass producing high grades for the sake of making a godly scrolled item will really put a dent in one's wallet. I guess I was expecting a high grade to retail for 5-8m instead.

But now I'll have to find a way to mass stockpile gems/crystals myself, especially the DEX/INT kind. I'll be aiming for tons of high grade DEX crystals, and plenty of high grade INT crystals. Since high grade diamonds only have a 1 attack difference, a medium grade diamond would give the most bang for your buck. High grade diamonds would be for those who truly have nothing else to spend their money on.

20. Default

And yet the Chaos'd pink cape price gouging lives on.