Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

oh noes, all those RA gear you were going to get and sell overpricedly!

2. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

It still amazes me why people put up with this game. Are the more persistent of you a bunch of whipped masochists?

A company takes away items that were worth hundreds (In real $ to make or hours to obtain), and people just react as if they were used to this and wait for the scraps of meagre compensation thrown at them.

3. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

I'd go more along the lines of us being desensitized

4. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

Well my friend got all of his items deleted basically, and he didn't even dupe. He also had a 1% str C rank nebulite get deleted.

5. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

I assume they're overwhelmed with tickets so they're closing them all with automated response. Expectation level still in the negatives.

wait a second.. it's only 5:50 pm pst right now.. how can this have been solved an hour in the future..?

Spoiler

6. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

-oops double post-

7. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

Well I'm happy my recently 12-starred faf katana and fused boss neb didn't get touched.

I haven't seen an show off smegas in Scania doh. That's weird... @qtpie; @DavyJonesx; did you guys see any?

That's a big insult IMO due to what they called you. There was a big hacker that went by that name some time ago...

8. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

My name on the website is Bry because I didn't want to use my real name when I made this Nexon account I don't even think I have a last name associated with it.

9. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

At least you got an automated response :o

They mistakenly deleted my phantom tyrant shoe, I sent a ticket with dates, screenshots and all the stuff and it got closed w/o any kind of answer.

Anyways... Sent another.

10. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

I feel for you guys that lost your items due to Nexon's blunders... Wished they could've done a bit more digging to find out where the items really came from. Instead, they just took the easy way out on following a ridiculous set criteria. From the way they do things, they're really discouraging their legitimate players from spending money to upgrade their characters. I quit splurging on NX a long time ago, but it's instances like these that I'm glad I don't anymore.

Here's the response to what they did...
    Link

11. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

@Marksman Bryan; looks like you got Nexon'd for being too rich I guess if they had not included the day it became public you probably would have been fine.

So it looks like they did not even bother to look at when the scrolls were created but instead when they were used on items? that seems stupid. Yeah, most people would not scroll when they know an exploit is going on, but if you include the day it is released, not everyone immediately knows about it...

12. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

My item doesn't meet that criteria, so why delete it? Nexon didn't do their homework, didn't investigate a thing... They just randomly picked stuff to delete.

13. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

I know enough people who used like 200 no booms on tyrants and didn't even get hell ban..
    Are they just making this up??

14. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

They are either lying, the data collected is skewed, or they don't know how to read the data.
    I used two nobooms on the 31st with guardians. If they ignore the fact I used guardians, it does add up to over 10 tries. It seems like something they'd think about, but that would mean they'd have to understand how their game works and we all know that isn't true.

15. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

That is beyond idiotic. I don't care how many No-Boom AEE you use, one, ten, fifty-seven, if like Mr. "Bry" up there, you use Guardians for every one and the NX logs, which are probably the most perfect accounting they have, show that you used them, there is no way you should have things taken away. That like saying, "Thanks for giving us money, but we're not sure the money was used appropriately."

I don't care if a hacker used 10,000 No-Boom AEE, if he used 10,000 Guardian Scrolls then he should be let off Scott Free. "Hey, but he's a hacker, and he cheated!" The percentage of hackers that would use any NX, let alone one per each No-Boom AEE is so small that if a handful of people did it, that would be a price I would be willing to shoulder if it prevented dumb things like legitimate items from being deleted. I am not even talking about my piddly 7-9 No-Boom AEE here, it is just baffling how someone can hand money to Nexon and be told that they cheated. Yoink!

16. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

Er... Besides the fact that there is probably no one that would buy 10,000 Guardian scrolls, hackers would just generate more scrolls and would not need to bother with guardians in the first place. Also, say someone hacked in 10,000 No-boom AEE, then bought a set of black cubes. I still think they should be banned, irregardless if they spent money. The ammount of money you spend should not give you any leniency if you actually hacked. But I do agree that their way of deciding which items to delete was clearly flawed. There are easier and more correct/effective ways of determining which items are legitimate or not. They really pineappleed this one up.

17. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

I think what he means is that, if there is a person with 10000 aees for dirt cheap, then for the 100% of the times, they would not use guardian scrolls. Even if someone had 10000 aees, if they bought them at normal fm prices, then they would definitely still use guardian scrolls due to the value of the scroll itself. Since the latter condition is very unlikely, it is fairly safe and easier to just look at the nx history for purchase of guardian scrolls in terms of no boom aees.

Long explanation long, if you don't use couple aees along with guardian, it's most likely exploited. If you do use it, they may or may not be exploited, but they don't really affect others because the value is still held up(so in this case, you most likely bought 1~8 aees at cheap price or you bought them all at regular price).

18. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

True, but then there are also people that may have had AEE and been unable to get or afford guardians (unlikely, but possible). But I agree, they really should have looked at nx history, among other things.

I know Bryan got his stuff back, but I'm sure plenty of legit people lost items and will never get them back.

19. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - January 16, 2014

I think people are taking the 1000 number posted by Ruin3d a bit too literal on this thread. First of all, the ones who BOUGHT but didn't dupe is just at fault as the ones that duped. You may not agree with that, but it's the way it's written by Nexon. If it's too good to be true, don't participate, that's what it says in the ToS, or something like that.

Second, if you had bought 20 of these scrolls during that time period, that's already suspicious enough. Hell 10 would be suspicious as well, these are scrolls that are 1.5b on an average day, 20m when a dupe/item generated hack exploit is out. So Nexon gets a list and sees 500 players bought 10-20 of these scrolls between the 31st and the 2nd, then they immediately investigate their accounts to see if they own any Tyrant equipment.

Now as far as the people that DID NOT participate at all and still had their items removed, that I have no explanation, Nexon pineappleed that up. But I am positive my point above applies to a lot of people.
    Last edited by LoveVictim; 2014-01-18 at 10:52 PM.