1. Default Marketplace changes

The following three changes will take place likely in the next few days.

1) Dissolve the Shops section and place everything into the selling section - it seems too arbitrary to have a section just for shops. Let people put as many items as they want into a selling thread.

2) Create a new board specifically for price checks. People seem to want to create them anyway, regardless of the rules or not. This new board would have one topic for each in-game server. Users have to post in each specific topic to get a price check. Users cannot create new topics. A moderator/admin will create a new topic each time a new world comes out.

3) Remove the rules regarding price checks and three items for selling threads.

2. Default

I agree with all of the above changes.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

#2 would be most wonderful. I can just look in the Price Check thread instead of having to filter through various threads in hopes of finding out how much "X" scroll costs.

4. Default

I think in setting the price check rules, it should be pointed out that the price checks were made as of _________. There's no guarantee a price check by a particular individual is valid, and that's always a risk, but even a person who knows prices is only correct as of the time the price check was made. The economy fluctuates quite a bit and on a regular basis.

Of course, the time of a post is always noted, on every post, but with price checks it might be best to explicitly point out in the forum rules that "freshness" is a huge issue in the price check.
    Last edited by Derimed; 2009-03-19 at 12:16 AM.

5. Default

As far as the one topic for price checks, does that mean a mod/admin will update the main post with all of the things that were PC'd? Otherwise, you could be looking at a lot of repeats over time since no one would want to scroll through page upon page looking for their item, if it even exists.

Just an idea.

6. Default

That's why you can search inside of threads.

7. Default

neat, i never knew that. interesting function

8. Default

Same here. Good to know that it is possible.