Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

you can prolly remove iwolek from the broa section
    not for hacking or anything, he just decided to drop all his stuff in FM and quit

2. Default

And I repeat:

As long as a person is in the top 10, they will be present.
    When they drop out of the top 10, they will be gone.

3. Default

could you also add tables by class? i.e. the next 10 warriors/archers/(...) expected to hit 200

4. Default

Test version up.

It'd probably break the post length limit if I tried to post by class by world along with the existing "Overall" and "By World".
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-03-18 at 11:43 PM.

5. Default

that is not what i mean, im just wondering how your system works.
    let me give an example;
    varsityhero was 180 4 weeks ago, now he is 181. and he is in your list of fastest leveling people.
    me on the other hand was 182 4 weeks ago and now im 182, that is more levels/exp gained on a higher level. however i am not on your list.
    i have a few more examples like this if you want, even from within my server.

what im wondering is simply, does the fact that i train A LOT in the weekends, and not a single exp during weekdays mean not being on your list because that would be weird.

anyways good job and good luck with this ranking thingy.

6. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

They check the total amount of exp the character have at day 1. At day 15, they check the total amount of exp the character have again. Now, they check how much the char has gotten during these days, and divide this by 14. After that, they check how long time it would take for the person to get to 200 based on the average exp/day.

7. Default

If you drop off the people who are going to take an excessively long time (eg >6 months) you'd cut down the list a lot, and be able to include that kind of thing on worlds where it's relevant.

I mean 6 months is still a long time, as soon as they drop under 6 months remaining they can be on the list for half a year.

And having someone who leveled 105-120 in 2 weeks on the Yellonde list is pretty funny.

8. Default

Training a lot in 2 days still means you're going to hit 200 slower than someone who gains the same amount of XP in 5 days.

Frame of reference makes it relevant to the overall picture though as a top 10.

The spread of ETA's is all over the board. Knowing that it's going to take you 200 days but the next person on the list is at 3000 days is helpful in it's own way. It's not exactly motivitating per se, but it's definitely demontrating causality and for the goal oriented it shows openings. Who couldn't be in the top 10 with a little effort when the next person to beat isn't going to hit 200 for a decade? It also demonstrates exactly how many people are likely to get to 200 any time soon and around what points most people just give up or grind to a halt.

Keeping it to a static 10 per element keeps people from whining about the imbalance or asking why it cuts off abruptly because you can see the chasm.

9. Default

Well, no matter where you cut it off it's gonna leave a mystery of "who is next that's not on the list". I just think it's useless to predict more than 6 months in the future based on 2 weeks of exp gains.

btw could you list standard deviation or variance on their exp gain? (I assume you've got their exp once a day so 14 samples)
    Last edited by Stereo; 2009-03-19 at 07:35 PM.

10. Default

10 keeps it consistent however so there's no whining about x class/server getting to see more than y class/server. Anyhow, it's not like I'm forecasting staffing requirements here, telling them the next person is astronimically far out doesn't hurt anyone, it just demonstrates disparity.

Doing standard deviation or variance would be a nasty additional processing burden at this level of records, and wouldn't be meaningful to over 95% of Maplers even with an explanation of it. It'd be like trying to force-feed kurtosis to someone who just wants to know what 30/5 is.

11. Default

just an fyi, on broa's thief section, you have SirDCs and BopVuEm. they're the same person, just a name change a few SC's ago.

12. Default

I'm aware that Proportionai = Emeraiddd = BobVuEm = SirDCs

One identity will fall off as soon as it leaves scope, until then he occupies two slots because both of those identities unique and separate information is still in the top 10.

If you notice, they each have a different # of days, because that's how much data exists for each name. When BopVuEm's days counter drops to 1 he'll vanish the next day if his diminished XP per day hasn't already kicked him.

13. Default

Hm, why hasn't this one updated like it has on that other forum? Anyway, I think this is pretty neat, seeing as I'm 3rd in line to hit 200 in Broa as a Bowman (on the updated one). Good work :D

14. Default

Yeah, bowmen are hilariously underrepresented. #10 on Yellonde with nearly 14000 days? >_>

I reported hundred01 in january for hacking... Nexon sure works fast :x I'm pretty sure they work for a meso selling site cause they had 2x drops on.

15. Default

I needed to take down the server to play with some hardware with it so it didn't have a chance to run for here. Meant to let it run when I finished but I got caught up in tinkering with something else and forgot.

They'll resynch tonight.

16. Default

The Pirate listings have me worried. They're almost entirely non-NX'ed, wearing high level class gear, and have a random string of characters for names o_o

17. Default

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jealous<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Kidding :P

18. Neutron
    IGN: Heasu
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 174
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Kryptonite
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    North_Carolina

I'm going to get level 200 in 1,894 days lol. Thanks for the info :P.

19. Default

Special thanks to Isaac for Stickying this so it can be readily found.