Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Harrisonized

Thank you!
    Well, I'm a mage, so I can teleport without a weapon.

I set my macro as MG + MW. MG is relatively fast, so by the time I get hit after dispel, the MW animation would have already started. Also, being a mage, having my weapon disappear during dispel is a very good reminder to recast MG.

2. Default

Just saying, but if a bowman isn't capable of rebuffing fully within two seconds of being dispelled, they don't deserve to be called a bowman. not to mention pap can only hit with dispel/stun after his (missing hitboxes, still) heal, when he moves toward you.

On topic, i never knew people were dumb enough to count MW into their secondary stat. If you're dispelled / have to change equips (like ergoth), you're screwed, especially if you have to put equips on in order (thieves wearing a caster, then wearing a katte for instance). Now, apparently the dispel isn't to be worried about, but still...

3. Default

Er... Well, you can always keep some backup equips, or just don't use the stats off your earrings... Earrings are all you really HAVE to change in the normal course of the game, though things like snowshoes are nice.

Switching equips out isn't that hard. My priest has 50 LUK base and I use a level 78 overall. Obviously switching out some equips makes me unable to use the overall, but I just keep some backup. I mean, I usually run into problems when I'm using HP equips, and I have HP pants anyway, so it works out. Just takes a bit more planning, is all.

Honestly, if you're a magician with any LUK at all, you're forced to depend on equips + MW to help you catch up to LUKless, which speaks to the original topic...

It's good news that MW + dispel doesn't d/c anymore, though. I might even consider adding some LUK for a 163 staff... Or maybe I should just wait for the next omfgodly all stats equip Nexon comes up with.

4. Harrisonized

I find a huge problem with this statement. I'd be dumb not to use that extra 11 luk from MW which I could use the points on INT. As a mage, I don't have to change equips often.

There are two rules to the Ele staves: using paralyze most of the time, equip poison staff. Using meteo most of the time, equip fire staff. Paralyze is used for damaging the boss and meteo is used for damaging mobs. Really the change isn't necessary as one would have prepared for his/her role before the fight begins.

The only place I see a change necessary is if suddenly a boss decides to summon many monsters at once, which wouldn't be likely in a boss run that dispels a lot (based on the current bosses), or if the designated mobber dies and you need to switch to fire staff to meteo the mobs.

That should likely only happen zero to two times during any run and really the only place you're likely to get double dispeled is at Manon, Pap, or Pianus, and those don't require you to switch staves.
    Eh, luk equips aren't considered godly. A person equipping a lv 163 staff would not catch up to a lukless.

5. Default

Yeah, I know, but I already have 50 LUK. It's just something I was considering.

As for the "godly", I was talking more about something like a Zhelm/HT Pendant/most other pendants that gives +whatever to all stats. If something gets released that's comparable to a Zhelm/HT Pendant, then I might have a chance at a 163 staff someday. After all, when I first capped my LUK, I don't think Horntail was even in JMS Tespia yet. (Yes, I am a slow leveler.)

That's neither here nor there, though.
    Last edited by Morgana; 2009-03-20 at 02:44 AM.